Hotkeys Editor

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
Russia XaKOps
Skirmisher
ESO: XaKOps

Hotkeys Editor

Post by XaKOps »

Hi everyone!
Currently I am working on hotkeys editor utility. I was inspired by aoe2 hotkeys editor: https://aokhotkeys.appspot.com/editor . So my editor will look same, except that it will desktop app. If anyone interesting in this, write here what you want to see in this app.
Also I have a request for top players - please share your hotkeys config. It located here: "C:\Users\admin\Documents\My Games\Age of Empires 3\Users3\NewProfile3.xml".
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Re: Hotkeys Editor

Post by harcha »

but what about the GDPR!?!?!?
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Russia XaKOps
Skirmisher

Post by XaKOps »

harcha wrote:but what about the GDPR!?!?!?
What's wrong with it? It is just .xml file with settings
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

XaKOps wrote:
He's probably trolling.

I really like the idea, something I've wanted for a long time was to easily compare hotkeys and bulk edit them. But why the choice for a desktop application above a web interface?
Russia XaKOps
Skirmisher

Post by XaKOps »

edeholland wrote:
XaKOps wrote:
He's probably trolling.

I really like the idea, something I've wanted for a long time was to easily compare hotkeys and bulk edit them. But why the choice for a desktop application above a web interface?
AoE3 hotkeys store together with other options like graphics, sounds, and etc. In aoe2 it is a separate file for hotkeys. So I think desktop version will more convinient ?
Also in aoe2 there is scenario to train hotkeys made by ZeroEmpires: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1351393520. I wonder if some scenario maker can do same for aoe3 :smile:
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon
ESO: Blastkiller

Post by Blastkiller »

XaKOps wrote:Hi everyone!
Currently I am working on hotkeys editor utility. I was inspired by aoe2 hotkeys editor: https://aokhotkeys.appspot.com/editor . So my editor will look same, except that it will desktop app. If anyone interesting in this, write here what you want to see in this app.
Also I have a request for top players - please share your hotkeys config. It located here: "C:\Users\admin\Documents\My Games\Age of Empires 3\Users3\NewProfile3.xml".
great you had an exceptional idea, so every time people who have never configured the hotkeys won't have to sweat a lot
No one will escape from me, from my Russians, neither a troll nor a hacker nor a smurf, they will all give days in front of my strelets
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

I like this idea. I would also like if the same program would allow to change graphics settings since my game crashes every time i try to do it the proper way, so I'm always editing the file anyway.

I can share my hotkeys but they are a work in progress. Got some conflicting ones and got many unused that are all binded to num9..
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Russia XaKOps
Skirmisher

Post by XaKOps »

harcha wrote:I like this idea. I would also like if the same program would allow to change graphics settings since my game crashes every time i try to do it the proper way, so I'm always editing the file anyway.

I can share my hotkeys but they are a work in progress. Got some conflicting ones and got many unused that are all binded to num9..
I already have tool that auto setup default graphics and ingame settings
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I think I have the single greatest hotkey set up if you don't mind sacrificing mouse precision for APM (hint: probably bad). You need a 12 button mouse.

My only un-optimization is my find-all hotkey is a two-step action. Thinking about changing that...
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon

Post by Blastkiller »

harcha wrote:I like this idea. I would also like if the same program would allow to change graphics settings since my game crashes every time i try to do it the proper way, so I'm always editing the file anyway.

the same thing happens to me too, I can't make the most of the game's graphics
No one will escape from me, from my Russians, neither a troll nor a hacker nor a smurf, they will all give days in front of my strelets
No Flag Shahpur
Skirmisher

Post by Shahpur »

Thank you for making programs for aeo3, I still use your eso assistent for checking IP.
You could fix the broken hot keys like Chinese goats and agra, and add hotkeys for things like rescue explorer, or open gates on walls. And also could you remove the box asking if you are sure about deleting stuff when you select multiple units, it's very annoying when you cutting corners in tr
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

Blastkiller wrote:

u can just change the settings in text file
Shahpur wrote:Thank you for making programs for aeo3, I still use your eso assistent for checking IP.
You could fix the broken hot keys like Chinese goats and agra, and add hotkeys for things like rescue explorer, or open gates on walls. And also could you remove the box asking if you are sure about deleting stuff when you select multiple units, it's very annoying when you cutting corners in tr
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you- you could, you’ll do, you- you wanted to delete a villager stuck in a plantation but instead doubkeclicked and selected all villagers? Well i wouldnt recommend getting rid of the confirmation window as this has happened to me many times...
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon

Post by Blastkiller »

harcha wrote:
Blastkiller wrote:

Shahpur wrote:Thank you for making programs for aeo3, I still use your eso assistent for checking IP.
Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you- you could, you’ll do, you- you wanted to delete a villager stuck in a plantation but instead doubkeclicked and selected all villagers? Well i wouldnt recommend getting rid of the confirmation window as this has happened to me many times...
I did it but it works only for the resolution to me the rest change and then I go on the game change also on the game and when I go to apply the changes it crashes the game
No Flag Shahpur
Skirmisher

Post by Shahpur »

harcha wrote:
Blastkiller wrote:

That's the kind of mistake that only an average sup player would make. We treaty players have mastered the art of deleting by spending countless hours on selecting pillars, sheeps, Buffalos, water Buffalos, llamas, and cows so such a simple mistake would never happen to us