The OFFICIAL dansil92 Maps Thread

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Re: The OFFICIAL dansil92 Maps Thread

Post by dansil92 »

Ghost_Imperator wrote:Looks good. The only thing that makes me confused is the placement of trees. It's a screen of FFA version of the map I guess, so that's probably normal thing for FFA maps, isn't it? Or it's just an unusual high view on map for me idk.
In general gj dude :chinese:
Im like super zoomed out there for perspective should probs mention that lol I can change camera height beyond in game limits so you're seeing about 2 screens worth :)
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

So I have a running to-do list I'm trying to check off:
-shrink or reconfigure zavkhan to more reasonable proportions. It was originally intended to be more about midmap competition and forward basing but a 93 second rush distance has proven to be too much. Its sad to me to see such extremely negative input on it, as it is my favourite map in its aesthetic appearance and has a really unique layout. I will either shrink it further but scaled or make it less stretched if that's at all possible due to limitations on certain elements of river and trade route code.
-Cerrado. As i expected, a berry map (my most requested thing ever) is exactly as bad as was anticipated. I will reduce/space out berries a bit more, and add several more hunts. I've debated adding 2 tupi settlements but I'd like feedback for that first. I think Cerrado has potential to be a really competitive map with these changes.
-Yalu River, add crossings and enable stagecoach on far tp (this has been tentatively completed)
-Chupat, change water from a river into a pond so as to allow more predictable behaviour. This will allow me to scale the map down a bit, probably by about 30%. Will need to slightly shift the trade route and mapuche settlements around. This will have the added benefit of making the cliff portion look less phallic
-Nahanni, two more hunts, increase moose herds from 2-3 to always 4.
-Guatemala. Nothing of note here unless we have some feedback.
-apparently some treasures are spawning close to players that are tier2. Im not sure if my idea of an in base treasure is different from these players' impressions or if the intended low level starting treasure is despawning/ not spawning and another treasure is falling in to take its place. I'll look at the avoidTownCenter constraint, possibly defining a new constraint specific to tier2+ treasures

And if I could please ask for any constructive feedback on the above it would be greatly appreciated.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

This is the tentative modification to Yalu River with the side crossings by each player and additionally has stagecoach re-enabled on the far line.
Attachments
unknown-39.png
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

2020-09-06 10.05.55.png
This is a current Beta map I've been working on- Thailand. Its got a swampy, tropical feel, with wild elephants, serrow, bamboo and flowers. It features 3 Jesuit settlements, some relatively random ponds in the southwest, and a few water buffalo. It currently has a 4 tp route where the centre two sockets should be buildable by both players, though RNG always loves to surprise me. Any constructive feedback is welcome :flowers:
Attachments
unknown-40.png
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

A small update: i have adjusted Cerrado to have a few extra hunts (about 2 per player extra), and berries have been toned down. There are less clusters of berry bushes but slightly more berries per cluster (theres about 1/3 as many berries total). Berries still dominate the maps design, but it is more reasonable for more civs. Treasures have also been modified slightly to spawn bit further from the tc and tier 3 treasures are removed. A tier 1 treasure will always spawn by each player as well. All in all I think its in a good spot now.

Zavkhan has also been reworked, it is now significantly smaller and leas stretched. rush distance has been cut by 35% and the river is slightly narrower. Players are still a good distance from each other, but well within reason. The team spawns are also drastically smaller and ffa maintains its previous spacings. I also removed the
the common 90w treasure that would frequently spawn close to players, so its further down the river exclusively now.
Attachments
unknown-330.png
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

I regret the earlier design for Yalu river which was way more unusual.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon
ESO: Blastkiller

Post by Blastkiller »

dansil92 wrote:Another map to add (will add to original post soon)
That's right, a cave map. Why are you fighting in a cave? I don't know lol
I just looked at it now and it's a wonderful thing, to insert a tp route you could also "break the cave in 2 and pass a TP line through a vehicle or something like that but it's really cool as a thing.
Can I find it already on esoc or is it still under development?
No one will escape from me, from my Russians, neither a troll nor a hacker nor a smurf, they will all give days in front of my strelets
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Blastkiller wrote:
I just looked at it now and it's a wonderful thing, to insert a tp route you could also "break the cave in 2 and pass a TP line through a vehicle or something like that but it's really cool as a thing.
I do have a finalized version, though it has never been released on esoc. It ended up becoming the map "Mojave" which i have been meaning to turn the lakes into tp sockets. If you'd like the cave map "as is" i can get a copy to you
Italy Blastkiller
Dragoon
ESO: Blastkiller

Post by Blastkiller »

dansil92 wrote:
Blastkiller wrote:
I do have a finalized version, though it has never been released on esoc. It ended up becoming the map "Mojave" which i have been meaning to turn the lakes into tp sockets. If you'd like the cave map "as is" i can get a copy to you
Yes thank, I would like a copy of that map if possible, I really like its cavernous environment
No one will escape from me, from my Russians, neither a troll nor a hacker nor a smurf, they will all give days in front of my strelets
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

i have been working on a few new maps during the Christmas season- with de coming out, generally being busy with work and a toddler my map making had fallen by the wayside. but today I'm excited to show off a preview of my newest map, Rio de la Plata:
the map features a large river body to the southeast, loaded up with fish and a few whales. due to the longer, narrow nature of the water it is much easier for players to contest the water and take advantage of the resources. In 1v1 each player has a fairly defensive whale and 2 contestable ones to compete for. Additionally the map has a relatively safe trade post socket for players, though it is definitely not within tc range and isn't completely free to take. resources are fairly plentiful, and resources to the southeast behind tcs are pretty decent. as the trade route prevents walling large sections of the map, defensive play will likely result in forfeiture of the majority of the map. Available natives are mapuche and tupi, and the trade route gains sockets as player number increases, to facilitate fair team games.
Attachments
unknown-4.png
unknown-3.png
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

I can hear kynesie.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
ESO: SsJetstream
Clan: FPL

Post by Jets »

That one would higher the value of 2 caravels/1 frigate card, even the 1caravel 400w age up.
Argentina Mattiobr
Crossbow

Post by Mattiobr »

Hi, I know there's been some year. But can you upload the maps? xd
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Mattiobr wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 01:50
which maps were you looking for? many were added to EP9, several are modified for the definitive edition, and some are featured in Wars of Liberty. Is there a particular one you're interested in?
Argentina Mattiobr
Crossbow

Post by Mattiobr »

dansil92 wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 02:57
Mattiobr wrote:
which maps were you looking for? many were added to EP9, several are modified for the definitive edition, and some are featured in Wars of Liberty. Is there a particular one you're interested in?
Oh yeah, sorry. I was looking for the uyuni map. Now that Bolivians are in wol i would like to play it :grin:
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Mattiobr wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 12:22
dansil92 wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 02:57
Mattiobr wrote:
Oh yeah, sorry. I was looking for the uyuni map. Now that Bolivians are in wol i would like to play it :grin:
i can certainly get that to you! are you familiar with installing custom maps? (are you on the wars of liberty discord?)
Argentina Mattiobr
Crossbow

Post by Mattiobr »

dansil92 wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 12:30
Mattiobr wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 12:22
Show hidden quotes
i can certainly get that to you! are you familiar with installing custom maps? (are you on the wars of liberty discord?)
Yep! (to both questions)
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Mattiobr wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 12:34
dansil92 wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 12:30
Show hidden quotes
Yep! (to both questions)
Here it is! hit me up at the wars of liberty server, same username as here @dansil92
Attachments
Uyuni.zip
(5.4 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
ESO: SsJetstream
Clan: FPL

Post by Jets »

@dansil92 are there any chances we'd see a map like Black Forest from aoe2? or it's a concept that wouldn't work in aoe3? I mean, the first time I played the game and saw the map thumbnails I thought Amazonia was going to be a huge jungle with little paths crossing the map.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Jets wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 15:57
@dansil92 are there any chances we'd see a map like Black Forest from aoe2? or it's a concept that wouldn't work in aoe3? I mean, the first time I played the game and saw the map thumbnails I thought Amazonia was going to be a huge jungle with little paths crossing the map.
its trivial to code that, the issue is that since aoe3 lacks the "attack ground" feature that aoe2 players use to clear forest once imperialized... its not really feasible. a few of my maps (noteably the newest one on WoL, Fiji) feature dense jungle trees but it can't really be a feature of the entire map
United States of America abeisfriend
Musketeer

Post by abeisfriend »

yooo these are so nice, will you be releasing for DE?
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

abeisfriend wrote:
16 Mar 2022, 23:22
yooo these are so nice, will you be releasing for DE?
most of these maps will work just fine "as is" on DE except the lightsets sometimes freak out. The issue is the way custom maps are handled currently, there's a need to make a whole mod to use them apparently, and I've not yet got around to making it happen. Was there any in particular you had in mind for me to get to you?
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Jets wrote:
15 Mar 2022, 15:57
Isn't the new map Congo Basin very close to that, just with an additional part with river/TPs to the north? The majority of Congo Basin is a dense forest with a small number of paths going from your base to the middle, where a little more space is available with a native TP.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.