The OFFICIAL dansil92 Maps Thread

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Re: The OFFICIAL dansil92 Maps Thread

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

Can you remove the single 4-socket tpine spawn variation from tupparo? The 2 spawn variations are drastic and that 4 tp line is on a super long route due to the wide map which makes stagecoach play even more strong. This is bad as you don't know what spawn you are going to get before you load into the game apart from that we have seen many exciting games on it so far
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:Can you remove the single 4-socket tpine spawn variation from tupparo? The 2 spawn variations are drastic and that 4 tp line is on a super long route due to the wide map which makes stagecoach play even more strong. This is bad as you don't know what spawn you are going to get before you load into the game apart from that we have seen many exciting games on it so far
Truthfully i think the ep spawn selector that lets you pick summer/winter spawns should be able to pick between the two. The stagecoach is no more powerful than other maps (delivering the same number of resources per second regardpess of length).
The other option ive considered is giving the trade route sockets immediate visibility upon spawning for all civs (not just iro/sioux/azzy) which i can do quite easily. Keeps the rng aspect and creative play but allows deck selection early and doesnt hurt 1 scout civs
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

Last time I checked resources received per unit time is actually a function of trade route length. I made a thread a while back which you can predict where a trade cart is (level 1) at any point in the early given you know how much xp a tp generates per pass
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

Over let's say 10 mins, the tp line in tupparo will generate more resources than 10 mins on mendocino even though there are more passes in that time frame on mendocino. The difference isn't huge I will you that but its noticeable.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Map type also seems to have an effect on the xp/res. My map "Mississippi" delivers an exceptionally low amount of xp per second and i believe it has to do with being the "great lakes" map type
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

I wouldnt know about that, I will bow to the map makers knoedge
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

dansil92 wrote:
Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:
dansil92 wrote:Tbh i was just considering having walls straight up disabled for the map in non-ffa games
Do you think a map with super booming options but walls disabled would be interesting ? Like a game designed for kynesie's play style with lots of food and gold in base and lots of fishes and whales but no walls to protect your economy so you actually need to make units early on.
I think this has a lot of interesting potential but may just end up being a British and ports map. Would be interesting to see, but I'd need eaglemuts help with the wall disabling triggers
I'd think the absence of wall is a severe nerf to ports water booming strats isn't it ? Also if you add in a stage coach line it helps other civs.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
ESO: Plantinator

Post by Plantinator »

I think this map is more for russia/india its basically thar desert res with chokes. Got absolutely crushed with brits today there haha
And no it nerfing water play doesnt rly have an impact on this map each Oasis spawns with 4 fish. Cute move tho putting some life in that water (;
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Plantinator wrote:I think this map is more for russia/india its basically thar desert res with chokes. Got absolutely crushed with brits today there haha
And no it nerfing water play doesnt rly have an impact on this map each Oasis spawns with 4 fish. Cute move tho putting some life in that water (;
Theres like 8-9 fish per pond, worth fighting for and training a couple ep fishing ships but dont send schooners lol personally id go iro or japan on this one
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
ESO: Plantinator

Post by Plantinator »

Umm in my 1v1 there were 4 max 5 fish each pond im pretty sure about that
Edit: maybe add a water flag to the map? Then u could ship boats and i dont see warships in the ponds being to op here. Maybe a Monitor shipment :hmm:
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

It is coded to have 7 fish on the outer two ponds and 9 on the central ones on 1v1 spawn, ive never seen it to be less than that, even if they slightly overlap
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

A couple maps here for anyone to try out- feedback appreciated!
Attachments
Cerrado.xml
(1 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
Cerrado.xs
(18.84 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
Nahanni.xml
(1.16 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
Nahanni.xs
(27.29 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
Canada Dankl
Crossbow

Post by Dankl »

So I checked out both maps, here's my thoughts.

Nahanni: Similar layout to Rockies. Map control is important here because you can't wall the chokes due to the trade route. Civs that get free map control (Ports, Aztec, Russia, Iro, India) will be strong here.

Cerrado: Lots of berries which hasn't really been included in the current map pool. Abundant berries will delay the hard transition to mills while still requiring some map control. My only concern is that it's hard to differentiate between berries and hunts on the minimap because they show up as the same colour. Perhaps EP could address this by making berries a different colour. IIRC minimap colour is defined in the protoy as an RGB value so it would be easy to modify.
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer
ESO: vividlyplain

Post by vividlyplain »

Dankl wrote:So I checked out both maps, here's my thoughts.

Cerrado: Lots of berries which hasn't really been included in the current map pool.
hi
Canada Dankl
Crossbow

Post by Dankl »

Hey
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Im so glad to get two email notifications for those posts :/

Cerrado definitely has an insane amount of berries, but theyre very spread out. Thought it might make a nice change from the usual 60000 food in hunts
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

unknown.png

Guatemala is now ready for playtesting and includes the 'Regicide' style, which is enabled by hosting as King of the Hill mode.
(Please note that the hunts for 1v1 spawns have been slightly corrected since this screen shot)
Attachments
Guatemala.xml
(1.59 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
Guatemala.xs
(28.1 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
unknown.png
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

this is my newest map, Zavkhan. I need some feedback from some high level players. Is the 2 tp layout good? im not exactly looking for a stagecoach highplains thing here but im wondering if the placement is good or if they should be more central

edit: heres the options
ImageImage
Attachments
Zavkhan1v1.png
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

TP placement seems fine :flowers:
I'm worried about the amount of hunts however. I understand that you don't want a full wall turtle map, but still, it looks very low.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Some feedbacks about the maps in the first post (I'm only going to talk about 1v1) :

1) Appalachians : competitive 1v1 map

As you said, this is probably meant to be a team/ffa map. In 1v1 it's playable for sure, but it seems a bit too "standard" with only 2 TPs, and a cliff that will be ignored.

2) Cerrado Not a competitive 1v1 map

If it's a berry map, I'm afraid it will be a TAD civ map in competitive 1v1

3) Chupat competitive 1v1 map with some tweaking

Although you tried to explain that the water will be useful, I highly doubt. To be fair, you have no reason to go to the island for trees, and a ship on the river doesn't give you any map control, so it doesn't seem worth.
Furthermore, the mine is very far from the TC, and you don't have enough hunts in base, so a forward base (Russia, Iro, Aztec) at the bottom of the map seems too strong. You'll control the TP line easily, prevent your opponent from raiding, and still be close enough to rush him.

Suggestions : 1) Make the sea/island less useless. I'd recommand adding 2-3 fishes (that way making one fishing boat to cross the river is not a total waste), and maybe add 200w crate and/or 1 hunt/1mine so that you can put some vills there. It will also make rushes a bit weaker.

2) I guess that the TP position is fine, because it's only a 2 map, so giving your opponent free stagecoach is fine if you boom, but you don't have enough space to raid against a bottom fb. I don't know how to solve that, but I think it's important to give players the option to raid

3) Make the 1st mine closer to the TC, and give players a 3rd hunt, else it will be a rush feast.

4) Falklands

I'd need a 1v1 map spawn

5) Ganges Not a competitive 1v1 map

no TP map, RIP

6) Guatemala Not a competitive 1v1 map

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but most of the civs are going to ignore the sea. On the paper, lot of fish and 2 whales sound good, but you realistically can't control more than one pond (because of a 2 caravel pop, 1 from age, units sieging docks etc), so Port will probably be the only viable sea civ there.
The map is also too low hunt to make defensive play viable, so I expect Russia/Iro/Aztec to dominate.

7) Mojave competitive 1v1 map with some tweaking

no TP, and too low hunt, you'd need to fix that to make it competitive.

8) Manitoulin competitive 1v1 map
The design sounds fine, although I'd add some fish.

9) Mississippi Not a competitive 1v1 map
Well, 3 so different spawns are too much to make it competitive :cry:

10) Nahanni Not a competitive 1v1 map
Not enough hunts, you'd need to add way more to make it competitive. It's a mix of Tuparro and Fraser River with low hunts, so not a big fan.

11) Philippines competitive 1v1 map
Looks like a fine heavy water map.

12) Upper Andes Not a competitive 1v1 map

no TP, and no hunt, RIP.

13) Uyuni competitive 1v1 map

Looks good.

14) Zavkhan
Read my message above.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Some feedbacks about the maps in the first post (I'm only going to talk about 1v1) :

As you said, this is probably meant to be a team/ffa map. In 1v1 it's playable for sure, but it seems a bit too "standard" with only 2 TPs, and a cliff that will be ignored.

Although you tried to explain that the water will be useful, I highly doubt. To be fair, you have no reason to go to the island for trees, and a ship on the river doesn't give you any map control, so it doesn't seem worth.
Furthermore, the mine is very far from the TC, and you don't have enough hunts in base, so a forward base (Russia, Iro, Aztec) at the bottom of the map seems too strong. You'll control the TP line easily, prevent your opponent from raiding, and still be close enough to rush him.

Suggestions : 1) Make the sea/island less useless. I'd recommand adding 2-3 fishes (that way making one fishing boat to cross the river is not a total waste), and maybe add 200w crate and/or 1 hunt/1mine so that you can put some vills there. It will also make rushes a bit weaker.

2) I guess that the TP position is fine, because it's only a 2 map, so giving your opponent free stagecoach is fine if you boom, but you don't have enough space to raid against a bottom fb. I don't know how to solve that, but I think it's important to give players the option to raid

3) Make the 1st mine closer to the TC, and give players a 3rd hunt, else it will be a rush feast.

4) Falklands

I'd need a 1v1 map spawn

no TP map, RIP

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but most of the civs are going to ignore the sea. On the paper, lot of fish and 2 whales sound good, but you realistically can't control more than one pond (because of a 2 caravel pop, 1 from age, units sieging docks etc), so Port will probably be the only viable sea civ there.
The map is also too low hunt to make defensive play viable, so I expect Russia/Iro/Aztec to dominate.

Not enough hunts, you'd need to add way more to make it competitive. It's a mix of Tuparro and Fraser River with low hunts, so not a big fan.

no TP, and no hunt, RIP.

Looks good.

14) Zavkhan
Read my message above.

I very much appreciate all your feedback, though i am confused by the ones you call low hunt. Chupat starts you with 3 very large hunts within herding distance and Zavkhan and Nahanni have 65,000-70,000 food each (close to high plains and tuparro). I also did add a note to Guatemala above saying hunts were fixed since the screenshot, though i do agree you arent forced to go water.
If only the winter and aummer spawns were remaining for Mississippi would you consider it competitive?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I really like Zavkhan as long as you cant ship warships or make docks
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

dansil92 wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Some feedbacks about the maps in the first post (I'm only going to talk about 1v1) :

4) Falklands

I'd need a 1v1 map spawn

no TP map, RIP

no TP, and no hunt, RIP.

Looks good.

14) Zavkhan
Read my message above.

I very much appreciate all your feedback, though i am confused by the ones you call low hunt. Chupat starts you with 3 very large hunts within herding distance and Zavkhan and Nahanni have 65,000-70,000 food each (close to high plains and tuparro). I also did add a note to Guatemala above saying hunts were fixed since the screenshot, though i do agree you arent forced to go water.
If only the winter and aummer spawns were remaining for Mississippi would you consider it competitive?
I guess it's hard to see the hunts through mini map only.
1) I missed the 3rd hunt on Chupat, so I guess the food is fine on that map.
2) On Zavkhan, from what I see, one hunt is only 6 animals (thus it's a small hunt), and if your opponent builds like a blockhouse near your TP, and walls your 4th hunt, you don't have 4th hunt, right ?
3) On Nahanni, you only seem to have 2 hunts, and then the next one is super far away, right ?

I guess Mississipi would be fine without the Spring spawn, ye.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Zavkhan hunts are about 7-8 marco polo sheep and then on the open ish spaces theres the two 12-musk deer herds. The minimap kinda hides this because im having to code the herds to spawn densely (so some dont end up on the cliffs), this does have the advantage of making a caster's job easier to identify hunts- the herds wander and spread out to normal by 3 or 4 minutes. I should have Zavkhan ready for testing by tonight.
Nahanni is 2 hunts, 7 berry bushes in base (one of which is a herd of 9 moose btw) then a hunt in each corner
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Zavkhan is ready for public testing now :flowers:

ImageImageImage
Attachments
Zavkhan.xs
(27.39 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
Zavkhan.xml
(1.29 KiB) Downloaded 25 times