Sorry Guys

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Re: Sorry Guys

Post by princeofcarthage »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:Lots of idiots in twitch chat. I just ban them. Why care about what some anonymous internet morons think?
Nothing tastier than some good ban hammering
You must have never tasted a good savored beef. ..
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

bwinner wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Because it's not fun to play against, and way too strong on the current map pool. When people play a civ that gives +10 pr at pr30 level, people are going to hate it, it's quite normal.
ladder.php?patch=esoc&type=supremacy&mo ... aiserklein

skirmisher playing at pr57+ level confirmed then
I said at pr30 level.
Australia Malocite
Crossbow
ESO: Malocite

Post by Malocite »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
iNcog wrote:The Otto player hate is ridiculous. if you like Otto, play Otto
No it's not imo. Otto ruins the game because it's super hard and not fun to play against this civ. Until Otto gets nerfed (or the map pool gets changed), we should just shame the Otto players.
Real quick you know I play mostly on RE right?
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Lots of idiots in twitch chat. I just ban them. Why care about what some anonymous internet morons think?
Didn't ban me when I said crazy horse is a big fat liar and probably not even crazy.

@Malocite That's quite unfortunate, actually :/ I tuned in for the first time today and noticed more people giving actual tips on how to improve than pointing out mistakes. Apart from obvious trolls nobody really harbored ill intent as far as I could judge :sad:

That being said, I've only seen you play vs way better opponents (like 15pr better at least), that's kinda harsh on its own so maybe try gaining some confidence by playing vs similar PR :flowers: That way streamed games also get more entertaining and viewers can put it into context better

see you around!
Australia Malocite
Crossbow

Post by Malocite »

jesus3 wrote:
Didn't ban me when I said crazy horse is a big fat liar and probably not even crazy.

@Malocite That's quite unfortunate, actually :/ I tuned in for the first time today and noticed more people giving actual tips on how to improve than pointing out mistakes. Apart from obvious trolls nobody really harbored ill intent as far as I could judge :sad:

That being said, I've only seen you play vs way better opponents (like 15pr better at least), that's kinda harsh on its own so maybe try gaining some confidence by playing vs similar PR :flowers: That way streamed games also get more entertaining and viewers can put it into context better

see you around!
Yeah there were plenty of people in there providing helpful tips and feedback too. Not denying that. Also: thanks for tuning in :)
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Good job AoE3 community. You've once again shown your immeasurable maturity and hospitality.
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
No it's not imo. Otto ruins the game because it's super hard and not fun to play against this civ. Until Otto gets nerfed (or the map pool gets changed), we should just shame the Otto players.
No. This is just wrong. Like Danielek said, let people play what they want to play. We don't want shaming in our community.

Hate the civ, not the player.
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
This thread of @Malocite wasnt the right place to talk about ^^otto^^.I dont know why you even wrote here when @Malocite said that he wont stream anymore cuz of trolls in twitch chats.You are right with otto and map pool in tournament games, no1 will disagree.
p.s. ashamed urself also then Ottorouga with 3games as Ottorouga in EPL2^^
Thats laughable that you say this all everywhere but still play the civ.
shame on you!!!
@Malocite, play otto when you want, dont care what ppl say.Ppl even trashtalk me with my playstyle with spain (lol).
Hope you start streaming again when you want to share your gameplay while you have fun playing this game :smile:
Spain pain train is real
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

bwinner wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Because it's not fun to play against, and way too strong on the current map pool. When people play a civ that gives +10 pr at pr30 level, people are going to hate it, it's quite normal.
ladder.php?patch=esoc&type=supremacy&mo ... aiserklein

skirmisher playing at pr57+ level confirmed then
otto +10pr civ, china +30pr civ
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I'm sorry. I made purely critical comments I shouldn't have made because those comments do nothing but inspire contempt between both viewer and streamer and that is not good in a community.
Australia Malocite
Crossbow

Post by Malocite »

deleted_user wrote:I'm sorry. I made purely critical comments I shouldn't have made because those comments do nothing but inspire contempt between both viewer and streamer and that is not good in a community.
Nah wasn’t you. You were nice to see in chat. Helpful tips.
Australia Malocite
Crossbow

Post by Malocite »

Update:

Soooo I have started playing British. Having a lot of fun with them so far. I’ve looked at the build guides and followed them closely (man a coin start is tricky sometimes) so far I’ve done well, struggling to beat the damn bot on expert due to they age so much faster. I did beat a random German player who was at the same level as me. He played quite well too, game went 14mins, won from a retaliation attack after he raided me, 25 Musk and 5 LB + both musk upgrade cards by the end.

I think I could use a little help with them in the transition of training troops vs maintaining Vills. Seem to be having an issue in the early-mid colonial era.

Apart from that I have improved my macro a fair bit. Micro seems at an okay level, learned from using Jan/abus combo.

I’m still enjoying the game and still learning and having fun. Still not quite ready to return to streaming until I can get the hang of this British team.

Thanks for the love and support guys!
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Lol i like play againt otto, it can be frustrating but its one of the best way to improve because this civ is very punishing oriented, you can learn a lot by playing against otto.

Tbh otto is my favorite civ for practise game. The day you can beat frequently a decent otto player mean you can probably beat anybody.