BlazinAmmo's Custom Maps [THREAD]

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
Canada BlazinAmmo_
Crossbow
ESO: BlazinAmmo

BlazinAmmo's Custom Maps [THREAD]

Post by BlazinAmmo_ »

Hi everyone,

The name's BlazinAmmo, and although I've been lurking on these forums for quite some time now, I've never taken the opportunity to introduce myself--so here goes! While I am by no means a professional player, Age of Empires 3 holds a special place in my heart. For years, I've wanted to try to give back to a community that has given me so much, and I want to do so through the creation of some custom AOE3 content--specifically, custom maps and scenarios.

This thread will be dedicated to my custom maps.

FULL DISCLAIMER: I am not an ESOC Official Map Maker, and am still myself very much in the EARLY stages of learning how to code aoe3 RMS. I therefore do not yet possess the ability nor the knowledge to create maps that are balanced to the ESOC standards, and for this I apologize--it is my hope that one day I'll be able to reach that point! All of my maps (thus far) have been designed to be compatible with both AOE3 Vanilla and AOE3 TAD.

That said, please feel free to comment on any maps with your feedback--whether positive or negative, feedback is so crucial to my improvement as a map maker. Let me know what you like, what you dislike, and areas that you think could be changed or made better. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

MY MAPS
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
British Columbia
New York
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THANKS!

Before I end this post, I would like to extend a heartfelt thank-you to all of the creators in ESOC and the wider AOE3 community who have spent countless hours producing tutorials for us noobs :P.
Special thanks to Durokan and his tutorial maps for helping me get started with RMS scripting--even now, I still use some of the code he wrote to make the code more accessible to me. Thanks to Rikkipu & Dansil92 for inspiring me to to start RMS scripting, musketeer for the helpful forum posts, murdilator for some helpful replies--and all those who have so far helped me test some of my maps. There's probably a lot of people I'm missing--if you've helped me in the past, let me know! I love giving credit where credit is due. :)
BlazinAmmo My Projects:CreatorWars: Download Now!
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Re: BlazinAmmo's Custom Maps [THREAD]

Post by Durokan »

Hey, saw your comment in my main thread. Great to see you were able to discover how to do things from my content. I hope everything was easy to figure out, I've been meaning to update my tutorials at some point with the stuff I've learned since then.

The minimaps look very fresh and interesting! I struggle with the creation of interesting-looking minimaps sometimes and feel like I get stuck hard in the mentalitly of symmetric and geometric maps. Definitely some cool ideas there.
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

I really like that New York map, it looks really awesome (red is missing a water flag looks like, i can help with that if you'd like)

Feel free to message me with any questions or for testing and such!
Canada BlazinAmmo_
Crossbow
ESO: BlazinAmmo

Post by BlazinAmmo_ »

Thank you both for the support! Means a lot. Been a while since I've logged in here, but in case it wasn't obvious by now, I actually ended up postponing my RMS creation to work on a different AOE3 project of mine, my in-game map maker: CreatorWars. Hopefully now that the scenario is released I will have some more time to continue to work on my RMS maps too!

My latest project can be found in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=21385
BlazinAmmo My Projects:CreatorWars: Download Now!