In-Game Map Maker: CREATOR WARS! [SCENARIO]

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
Canada BlazinAmmo_
Crossbow
ESO: BlazinAmmo

In-Game Map Maker: CREATOR WARS! [SCENARIO]

Post by BlazinAmmo_ »

Are you looking for a new and exciting game mode that is challenging, unique, and entertaining? Have you ever wanted to create a map of your own on Age of Empires 3, but haven't known where or how to start? Do you simply lack the time to invest in learning about RMS scripting, or scenario design?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, check out this scenario!

Introducing... BlazinAmmo'sCREATOR WARS!

I have been waiting so long for something like this to arrive to Age of Empires."
-- BlazinAmmo.
CreatorWars _TAD.age3Yscn
(534.32 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
CreatorWars _VANILLA.age3scn
Download this for the Original Game.
(502.57 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
How It Works
In this scenario, players work together (whether willingly, or unwillingly) to create a map for supremacy gameplay using gold to buy resource spawns. Any resources that are purchased will then spawn in random locations around the map, and a map is formed in the process. The game is divided into two phases: the buy phase, and the game phase. At the start of the game, the host decides how much starting gold to allocate to players, choosing between 60, 80 and 100 gold. Once players have finished purchasing their resources and are ready to proceed, players choose their starting locations (if they have not done so already) and then spawn in to their newly-created map and play a game of supremacy on it. The game phase of the scenario will start automatically after 10 minutes, regardless of whether there are AFK players in the game.

Disclaimer
The randomness in this scenario will in no way allow for a truly balanced map. That said, players can collaborate with their teammates to more heavily purchase particular resources that their spawns are lacking, and as such, this game can become quite tactical.

Game Modes Available
This map is currently compatible with FFA and team-based game modes. Can be played in a 1v1, 2v2 or 3v3 format, using computer players to take the position of absent players. Teams must follow a top vs. bottom format, or the game mode will not work.

Decks
All civilizations have at least 2 decks--a land and water deck, offering a wealth of build possibilities.

Backwards Compatible
This scenario is both compatible with AOE3 Vanilla and AOE3: The Asian Dynasties Expansion. To ensure that you have decks and civ bonuses in TAD, ensure that you are playing the proper version.

Version 1.0 Features
• Unlockable Oceans
• Unlockable Trade Routes
• Buyable Cliffs
• Buyable Herds (Deer, Bison, Caribou, Elk)
• Buyable Trees (New England, Great Plains, Pampas, Caribbean, Rocky Mountains, Rocky Mountains (Snow), Great Lakes (Snow), Yukon (Snow)
• Buyable Sheep
• Buyable Coin Mines (Silver, Gold)
• Buyable Native Posts (All AOE3 Natives Available: No TAD or War Chiefs Natives)
• Buyable Fish (Salmon, Humpback Whales)
• Buyable Treasures (Random)
• Buyable FX (Rain, Snow)
• Buyable Decorative Elements (Kingfisher, Yucatan Underbrush, Texas Underbrush, Rocky Mountains Underbrush)
• And more!

Special Thanks
A huge thanks to player Enki_ for all of his help troubleshooting the map, providing deck ideas, as well as gameplay ideas. This scenario is the culmination of feedback from him and so many others--all of whom I am so grateful of. To see a full list of credit, play the map!

Feedback Welcome!
Although I have already done so much with this scenario, I acknowledge that it is far from polished, and likely still contains bugs or quality of life problems that I have yet to realize. I therefore strongly urge the community to send their feedback on this--both good and bad--so that I can improve not only the scenario, but improve my skills as a content creator. Your feedback is so valuable--thanks in advance!

Hope you enjoy! :) ~BlazinAmmo
BlazinAmmo My Projects:CreatorWars: Download Now!
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Re: In-Game Map Maker: CREATOR WARS! [SCENARIO]

Post by Aizamk »

This is quite an original concept, very well done.
oranges.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

boy, shick. Can we get this played on stream? @Cometk @mensvitamins @gibson @N0el_ @otherstreamers
Canada BlazinAmmo_
Crossbow

Post by BlazinAmmo_ »

You guys are the best; thank you! It would actually be a dream to see this done on stream! I would love to one day see games of this hosted in lobbies other than my own :P
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

This sounds amazing, gotta try soon
Canada BlazinAmmo_
Crossbow

Post by BlazinAmmo_ »

Wanted to give everyone an update on this--I am working on porting the scenario over and almost done! So far I have got everything working apart from the line of sight. There appears to be problems with the Reveal All, Reset All Blackmap and Render BlackMap/Fog of War triggers that I need to figure out... Will update the main post with the new scenario file and video once I am done.

What I can say though is that now you can use your own decks! This was a much-requested feature that I sadly could not implement previously. But I guess they finally fixed that issue for DE! :)