The XP mod

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Re: The XP mod

Post by Vinyanyérë »

Hey @jacksank1 , you might have an easier time finding someone to xpmod with you if you schedule in our Discord server: https://discord.gg/nyqM7Mq. Use the #schedule-xpmod channel
duck
:mds:
imo
No Flag Halbarad
Crossbow
ESO: Capherius

Post by Halbarad »

Hello, could you help me for leveling up?

pls send me pm
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Poland Nemo
Crossbow

Post by Nemo »

Hi, just tried using xpmod, but when trying to connect or be joined by someone it just says 'connection failed'. When i try adding someone to friends it deletes them and pops 'unspecified error'. I turned off firewall, can it be some additional antivirus firewall or something? I'm using mcafee currently but there's no pop-ups or anything.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Nemo wrote:Hi, just tried using xpmod, but when trying to connect or be joined by someone it just says 'connection failed'.

Hi, only players on the same patch (in this case XPMOD) will be able to join with you.
When i try adding someone to friends it deletes them and pops 'unspecified error'.

This usually means your friend list is full.
Poland Nemo
Crossbow

Post by Nemo »

I was, maybe opponent messed something up :hmm:

The list was empty actually :D
Croatia toriancarconn
Skirmisher
Donator 03
ESO: toriancarconn

Post by toriancarconn »

Hi, I've installed the XP mod but now I don't have the same cards available like I used to, with the Brits. Where is the 8 vill card?!
Isle of Man UpMySleeves
Dragoon
GameRanger ID: 7309280

Post by UpMySleeves »

Did you play a 2 min game with someone who has the xp mod also? @toriancarconn ? If so you should be able to unlock all the cards with a lvl 100 homecity.
Never trust a man in a blue trench coat, never drive a car when you're dead
Croatia toriancarconn
Skirmisher
Donator 03

Post by toriancarconn »

UpMySleeves wrote:Did you play a 2 min game with someone who has the xp mod also? @toriancarconn ? If so you should be able to unlock all the cards with a lvl 100 homecity.
Yes, I have installed the XP mod and unlocked all deck cards. Before doing so, after reading the FAQ section, I thought it would not alternate the choice of cards I have. This is why I expected, after installing the XP mod, to still be able to choose from the same type of British cards like before I installed the XP mod. Is there any way, now that I have already installed the XP mod, to have the same set of deck cards available like before?
Croatia toriancarconn
Skirmisher
Donator 03

Post by toriancarconn »

UpMySleeves wrote:Did you play a 2 min game with someone who has the xp mod also? @toriancarconn ? If so you should be able to unlock all the cards with a lvl 100 homecity.
@UpMySleeves, by the way, thank you for your reply, I appreciate it.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

XP shouldn't alter cards available, have you uninstalled xp mod after levelling up homecities?
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

toriancarconn wrote:Before doing so, after reading the FAQ section, I thought it would not alternate the choice of cards I have. This is why I expected, after installing the XP mod, to still be able to choose from the same type of British cards like before I installed the XP mod.
That is correct, installing XPMOD / ESOC Patch does not modify your original game whatsoever, and even on the patches themselves there is no change to the British 8 Settlers card in particular. There must be something else going on here.
Croatia toriancarconn
Skirmisher
Donator 03

Post by toriancarconn »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
toriancarconn wrote:Before doing so, after reading the FAQ section, I thought it would not alternate the choice of cards I have. This is why I expected, after installing the XP mod, to still be able to choose from the same type of British cards like before I installed the XP mod.
That is correct, installing XPMOD / ESOC Patch does not modify your original game whatsoever, and even on the patches themselves there is no change to the British 8 Settlers card in particular. There must be something else going on here.
Hi there! Thank you for your response. I've just doublechecked and realised I did not unlock the cards I was missing, my bad! No idea how that happened. I must have gotten confused with different civs and what I already had unlocked and what not. Anyways, I now have all the cards I need.

On another note, I've recently joined the ESO Community and I've already found great value from the games and the platform here. How does the community cover its expenses? Earlier today I've searched for an option to donate but couldn't find it. I suggest you add a "Donate" link to the main menu. How can I donate something to the people who've created and are managing this platform?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

toriancarconn wrote:Hi there! Thank you for your response. I've just doublechecked and realised I did not unlock the cards I was missing, my bad! No idea how that happened. I must have gotten confused with different civs and what I already had unlocked and what not. Anyways, I now have all the cards I need.
Glad to hear that!
toriancarconn wrote: How does the community cover its expenses? Earlier today I've searched for an option to donate but couldn't find it. I suggest you add a "Donate" link to the main menu. How can I donate something to the people who've created and are managing this platform?
Expenses are covered from generous donations and from twitch/youtube revenue (people watching the content). I think I see what the issue with finding donation link is; seems that it's missing from mobile version of the site, as it's normally on the left sidebar at all times. We'll need to fix that, thanks for pointing it out. Anyway, here is the link if you do wish to donate: donation.php
Thanks a lot! :love:
No Flag robinjohn
Crossbow

Re: The XP mod, partner up?

Post by robinjohn »

Hi, would you help me out level up?
add me at "chitrachodu" please
Great Britain TB124
Crossbow
ESO: TB124

Post by TB124 »

Hello,

I used the XP mod to level up my British home city, I already played with it before, so I got to level 109, it works pretty well. The problem is that while I was in the mod, I created a new Turkish HC which got level 100 automatically, I thought it's nice, but ever since I tried playing two games with them my game went 'out of sync'. Should I delete that HC and do it the same way I did with the British(I create the HC before, and level it up with a game)? Could it be that I can't play the Ottomans because of the Mod? Once I leveled up the Brits and Created the Ottomans, I went back to the original Steam version, and I played both 'out of sync' games with a friend (who also leveled up his HC with this mod) and AI.

Could this just be a completely different issue? note that this never happened this to me before. Also in both 'out of sync' games, the error occurred after I hit level V, when I already had huge eco with factories and all....
Thanks
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

yeah your issues are unrelated to the XP mod. all that it did was level up your HCs

You might need to reinstall the game or something, but I ignore the specifics of your problems.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag MadPi
Crossbow

Post by MadPi »

Can i get the mod even if I bought the game on steam?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

MadPi wrote:Can i get the mod even if I bought the game on steam?
Yes, that's the best way.
Portugal André
Crossbow

Post by André »

Hey guys, do you know of any updates to this Xp Mod to work on Age Of Empires III: Definitive Edition (aoe3de) ?
Belgium P4blit0
Crossbow
ESO: P4blit0

Post by P4blit0 »

There is no point, in DE you start with all the cards for all the civs
Portugal André
Crossbow

Post by André »

P4blit0 wrote:There is no point, in DE you start with all the cards for all the civs
It doesn't make any sense to you, right? Well, but in practice you can't get into a good game, with good players having homecity 1 ranking level 1. They don't even let us explain, it's Kick. I don't have time to develop my homecity up to level 125 or something acceptable.
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer
ESO: vividlyplain

Post by vividlyplain »

There are many players with high home city levels that aren’t good tho
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

André wrote:
P4blit0 wrote:There is no point, in DE you start with all the cards for all the civs
It doesn't make any sense to you, right? Well, but in practice you can't get into a good game, with good players having homecity 1 ranking level 1. They don't even let us explain, it's Kick. I don't have time to develop my homecity up to level 125 or something acceptable.
If the host is balancing based on homecity levels, there's no way that ever was a "good game" in the first place.
Anyway, you could also just queue for ranked.
Portugal André
Crossbow

Re: O mod XP

Post by André »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
André wrote:
If the host is balancing based on homecity levels, there's no way that ever was a "good game" in the first place.
Anyway, you could also just queue for ranked.
Ranked is broken since its conception. I had the rank of captain, now I have my civilizations at level 1 to 12 and casual rank | (zero).
Guys, you don't have to answer me if you can't help me. I already understood that I will have to make this mod myself.