Historically Accurate flags for Legacy AOE3

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Historically Accurate flags for Legacy AOE3

Post by Jotunir »

Does anyone know of any mod currently available that changes the normal flags for more historically "accurate" ones? That is of course including consulate-graphics in The Asian Dynasties and the big background graphic in the Multiplayer-Menu.
(The image provided as an example is from the Graphics mod, currently unavailable for download)
Attachments
Flags.png
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Re: Historically Accurate flags for Legacy AOE3

Post by InsectPoison »

The flags in legacy are all already pretty accurate, which ones do you think need changing?
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

InsectPoison wrote:The flags in legacy are all already pretty accurate, which ones do you think need changing?
I agree for the most part, but the German one really bugs me because it is neither HRE nor Prussia, I would personally change it for the Prussian one from 1750 to better fit with Frederick the great.
The leader should match with the flag, so it would be better if France had the flag of the First French Empire and India the green and gold Mughal war flag.
United States of America Seamonk
Musketeer

Post by Seamonk »

Heaven games' mod section has a decent amount of flag mods. Magnum LR seems to have some very extensive options for each civ.

Here's a link with the search thread. You'll have to individually download:
https://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/ ... um+lr+flag

French Example
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

I have seen them @Seamonk and they are good, but the problem lies in that "These Mods won’t change the consulate-graphics in The Asian Dynasties and the big background graphic in the Multiplayer-Menu." and I want that changed as well. If anyone can help me with that I will highly appreciate it :smile:
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

I used to have a mod that changed consulate graphics as well. The Dutch mod that Seamonk linked states: "UPDATE: Consulate graphics from TAD will now be changed. The Dutch get more flag designs like Nederlandse Antillen, Nederlands Brazilië and Vereenigde Oostindische Compagnie. The existing ones got some brighter Colors."
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:I used to have a mod that changed consulate graphics as well. The Dutch mod that Seamonk linked states: "UPDATE: Consulate graphics from TAD will now be changed. The Dutch get more flag designs like Nederlandse Antillen, Nederlands Brazilië and Vereenigde Oostindische Compagnie. The existing ones got some brighter Colors."
I have it and it is a good mod, I downloaded it yesterday along with the German mod.
The Prinsenvlag and the Prussian flag look much more adequate for the game than their original counterparts.
The French flag was the only one that I considered keeping because it is historically accurate for the time period.