How to genarate hash code for rms for resources.xml?

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
No Flag RevarloVlabius
Crossbow

How to genarate hash code for rms for resources.xml?

Post by RevarloVlabius »

Hello, I am trying to modify the original yukon.xs. But after I edited it it goes out of sync after 10 seconds in lan with my friend. And I think it has somthing to do with the resources.xml file for rms. Since I edited the file how do I change the rmfilecrc or hashnumber to be for that file? PLS HELP.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Re: How to genarate hash code for rms for resources.xml?

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Hello @RevarloVlabius , first of all revert any changes you've made in the game's RM installation folder and don't edit anything there ever.
Then take both the yukon map files from there and copy them into the custom maps folder (%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Age of Empires 3\RM3). Make your changes there and make sure you rename the map (both the files and inside the XML) into something like "My Edited Yukon". There you go. Now you can simply host the game room and select your edited Yukon map under custom maps. You friend doesn't have to do anything special, the edited map will be transferred automatically when he joins the room (just wait for it to finish).
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
No Flag RevarloVlabius
Crossbow

Post by RevarloVlabius »

@EAGLEMUT No No No. Im trying achive somthing like how you guys(esoc patch) changed the yukon rms and changed <map name="yukon">3236358852</map> this too. I dont want my rms to show up in custom maps intead I want them to show up in official maps.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

RevarloVlabius wrote:@EAGLEMUT No No No. Im trying achive somthing like how you guys(esoc patch) changed the yukon rms and changed <map name="yukon">3236358852</map> this too. I dont want my rms to show up in custom maps intead I want them to show up in official maps.
But then you won't be able to play multiplayer with anyone else, unless they install everything exactly the same way (and then they won't be able to play multiplayer with anyone else but you). This is typically a very bad (and more difficult) approach unless you're making a whole fan patch like ESOC, which has its own game executable and it's edited to read a different map folder entirely.

To generate resources.xml for EP, we've used some existing program, but I can't seem to even find the link to it. Anyway you should definitely not need this.
No Flag RevarloVlabius
Crossbow

Post by RevarloVlabius »

@EAGLEMUT Please if you know any other program that can genarate this pls tell me. I'm aware of all the cons and
still want to do it. pls help if you know any other way to do this. I'm making a mod for myself btw.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

The tool for this is called ASfileCRC

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=11529&p=243677&hil ... rc#p243677