Musketeer redoubts scenario v2.1

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
Great Britain thomasgreen6
Lancer
ESO: Thomasgreen6

Post by thomasgreen6 »

Hi guys, here is a scenario i made called Musketeer redoubts. Basically every player starts with fort and the objective is to destroy the 'command post' of the other players forts without losing your own. Units spawn automatically and you receive a certain amount over a period of time. For example you receive 3 muskets every 7 seconds, 2 hussar every 20 seconds and a cannon every minute. you also get 10 skirm every minute thirty. The map is supposed to represent a real battlefield and as such there are hills, forests and defenses + the fog of war is enabled. The emphasis is on winning with good micro (using cav vs cannons, making use of the terrain etc) and that's also why the units used are kept basic and the best idea would be to play in the industrial age to make use of mercs (explained in a second) whilst also keeping the units un-upgraded so that the civ you choose doesn't make a difference. In your fort you also have a bank and a saloon which you can use to make mercs to diversify and add some depth to your army and you receive 1 gold for every kill. The scenario is not finished yet and there are still things that need to be improved. Any feedback and advice is welcomed and I would be really grateful if anyone could tell me if it's balanced and if it works. I also have a few questions if anyone knows how do do these things:

[ul type="disc"][li]How to give each player 200 pop without making houses[/li][li]Can you make mercs cost 0 pop or give people more thenN 200 pop because after a few minutes people tend to have large armies and full pop so can't make mercs[/li][li]Is the unit balance ok i.e are there enough units/do people get too may units? Is the unit balance right i.e too many musk not enough cav etc[/li][/ul]
I also realised that people tend to just sit in their bases building up a huge army and not only does this make the game lag a lot but it also makes it less fun for the players that do actually fight because they just get trashed by a huge army after a while. Are there any incentives I can add to make people move their armies outside the fort to fight each other and use the central area of the battlefield (I thought about adding a king of the hill kind of objective if that would make it better)

Thanks guys and thanks to anyone that gives advice and/or plays the scenario. Hope you have fun playing!

(for new version -V2.3 see below)
Attachments
Musketeerredoubtsbattlefield.jpg
Musketeerredoubts1.jpg
Musketeerredoubts2.jpg
MuskteerredoubtsV2.1.age3Yscn
(97.35 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by thomasgreen6 on 22 Sep 2015, 12:51, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: V2.3 added below
'I'm gonna win this and I'm just gonna enjoy it' - Tibia 2k18

http://www.Twitch.tv/thomasgreen6
No Flag edehollandsbrother
Musketeer

Post by edehollandsbrother »

1 Use modify protounit on Command Post, changing the Pop Cap Addition by 200.
2 AFAIK you cannot make units cost 0 pop or give players more than 200 pop in scenarios. But you do not want people to have more than 200 pop anyway, it will lag and be impossible to micro. It is possible to make units cost 1 pop using modify protounit.
3 King of the hill or some other reward for holding the middle sounds good.
Lancer

Post by thomasgreen6 »

Ok thanks I will edit the command post to give extra pop, I have already made some mercs cost 1 pop eg outlaws etc but I will apply this for all mercs. I agree that more then 200 pop would cause lag I was just thinking about the availability of mercs because with the auto spawning of units players often reach 200 pop quickly which makes mercs not as usable. I'll look into some kind of king of the hill scenario and test some options before I make the new version. Thanks for the help and advice!

Musketeer

Maybe have the automatic spawning stop at 150 pop, so you can fill the remaining 50 pop with mercs.
Lancer

Post by thomasgreen6 »

Yes that is a good idea but might get complicated trying to make triggers to stop the spawning and start it again etc

Musketeer

No it's easy, just add a condition that player population < 150.
Lancer

Post by thomasgreen6 »

Ok, thanks i will try that. It will also help to limit the large armies and people just siting in their bases.

Lancer

Post by thomasgreen6 »

Btw when I post the new version should I edit my my original post or create a new one down here?

Lancer

Post by thomasgreen6 »

[div style="text-align:left'"][b style="font-size:medium'text-decoration:underline'"]New Version - V2.2

[/b]Edited some things and the new version is now ready. Changes:

[ul][li]Population limit for each player is now 200[/li][li]Mercenaries population changed: Infantry cost 1 pop, Hackapells cost 2 pop and all other cav cost 3 pop. Ninjas and Ronin cost 5[/li][li]Decks added. All decks only have merc cards and no infinite cards[/li][li]''No mercenary'' edition created for those that only want to play with basic units[/li][li]King of the hill incentive still a work in progress and will be added in a later version[/li][/ul][div]
Questions:

[ul type="disc"][li]Is the population of the mercs ok and should I change the cost of any mercs at the saloon?[/li][li]Should lil Bombards or any other mercs be disabled?[/li][li]How do you get music to play because I tried adding music (the aoe3 music) but it doesn''t work[/li][/ul][/div]
[/div]
Attachments
MuskteerredoubtsV2.2.age3Yscn
(98.62 KiB) Not downloaded yet
MuskteerredoubtsV2.2nomercedition.age3Yscn
(98.41 KiB) Not downloaded yet

No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

1. change ninja and ronin to 4 pop i think.
2. i think it is good to disable lil bomabards, so players wont spam only them.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Lancer

Post by thomasgreen6 »

thebritish wrote:1. change ninja and ronin to 4 pop i think.
Thanks for the advice. I''ll change the pop of those units just didn''t know if ninja would be op vs other players mercs. Yeah i''ll disable lill bombards otherwise everyone will just mass them as you said. Thanks again for helping!

No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

thomasgreen6 wrote:
thebritish wrote:1. change ninja and ronin to 4 pop i think.
Thanks for the advice. Ill change the pop of those units just didnt know if ninja would be op vs other players mercs. Yeah ill disable lill bombards otherwise everyone will just mass them as you said. Thanks again for helping!
8-)
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Lancer

Post by thomasgreen6 »

New Version - V2.3

Ok thanks for the advice from all the people that posted and/or played my scenario. V2.3 is here. Changes:

[ul type="disc"][li]Ninjas and Ronin pop changed to 4[/li][li]Musketeers now spawn every 10 seconds reducing the size of armies thus making the game more micro focused[/li][li]Lil Bombards have been disabled[/li][li]A pop cap of 150 for non merc units will be added in the next version[/li][/ul]
Questions:

[ul type="disc"][li]Is there a way to make the 'fading text' at the start a little smoother?[/li][li]Should the king of the hill bonus be extra units or just a win bonus i.e you win if you hold the center of the map for more then 5 minutes[/li][/ul][div]

[/div]
Attachments
MuskteerredoubtsV2.3nomercedition.age3Yscn
(99.93 KiB) Not downloaded yet
MuskteerredoubtsV2.3.age3Yscn
(99.82 KiB) Not downloaded yet