Mendocino : New map for 1v1 and Team !

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

Hey guys !
I have worked for scripting a new map called "Mendocino" with a special feature. Let me show you it : [attachment id="2180"]

[img]http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/374550Sanstitre.jpg[/img]

[div align="center"]
Here is the presentation of the 1V1 placement : [/div]

[div align="center"][img]http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/532220toutemap.jpg[/img][/div]

Details :

As you see, there are 2 distincts roads. The special feature is that when you upgrade (Stagecoach or iron horse) one, you will automatically upgrade the second one. So the 2 roads are like one bigcentral road but with space avalaible between both roads.

The map is designed for having good hunts (not too much even though) and balanced resources such as one of the main goal of esoc maps. But the good thing is that this map works for team games too.
If you set FFA mode, this will be an 1V1 obs.

Natives are Mapuche and Zapotec. Saloon gets Renegado and Pirate.

The map only uses California elements.

[div align="center"]Here is the mini-map for 1V1 and 3V3 :
[/div]
[div align="center"][img]http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/123111minimap1v1.jpg[/img][/div]

[div align="center"][img]http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/986560minimap3v3.jpg[/img][/div]

If you have some feedbacks or some ideas for new maps you can tell me it.
Rec here :[attachment id="2102"]
Good Luck and Have fun !
Attachments
MendocinoV4.zip
(28.5 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
MendocinoV3.zip
(27.58 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
[RE SP] Rikikipu[RU] vs kokiloki[FR] - ESOC Mendocino.age3yrec
(414.28 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
ESOC Mendocino
ESOC Mendocino
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 14 minutes
MendocinoV2.zip
(6.38 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

Good job looks very nice !! :) Maybe you can work something out with garja so it can be added to the eso-c tournament maps or to the fanpatch so we can play the map ranked on the fan patch.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Looks good, I will try that. Thanks ')
No Flag imperial
Musketeer

Post by imperial »

N?CE MAP
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

bobabu wrote:Good job looks very nice !! :) Maybe you can work something out with garja so it can be added to the eso-c tournament maps or to the fanpatch so we can play the map ranked on the fan patch.

Thanks a lot!
I would be very happy, but i think the map needs to be played a bit first if we want it to be accepted. Idk about eso-c tournament maps, but i think it could be cool for the fanpatch, especially for team games since i don''t think new maps are going to be released for team games.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Very nice! I've been waiting for Arkansas as a team map but everyone ignores me :'(
Sweden cramper
Skirmisher

Post by cramper »

great map
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

awesome well done!
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Is the 2nd hunt consistently withing herding range? It looks like it would be pretty tough if it were to be a hunt walking away from your TC.

Other than that, looks nice. We can still use more maps.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

jerom wrote:Is the 2nd hunt consistently withing herding range? It looks like it would be pretty tough if it were to be a hunt walking away from your TC.

Other than that, looks nice. We can still use more maps.
Well, i have coded a hunt of a bit more 10 deers next to your tc, so you always have a hunt avalaible. And it will never backherd, because it spawns next to your tc, and backherds only depend of the distance between where the hunt is and its starting spawn.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

The map is great, but i think it is too big for 6 players (3vs3) and there are too much resources. :(

For 1vs1 it seems decent (resources, map size, etc. etc.). ')
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

thebritish wrote:The map is great, but i think it is too big for 6 players (3vs3) and there are too much resources. :(

For 1vs1 it seems decent (resources, map size, etc. etc.). ')
The map isn''t too big. It''s for instance smaller than GP for 1V1 and 2V2 and same size in 3V3. Don''t forget that the two cliffs take spaces too.
There are as ressources as GP too, maybe a bit less.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Yep very nice, good treasure balance, 2 mines, the herds are quite small but they're still balanced. After all, we don't want every maps to be the same.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

Looks awesome.

The 1v1 map reminds of Ozarks, but with good hunts.
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

indeed nice map
have you been to the actual city?
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

benj89 wrote:indeed nice map

hahaha no, i didn''t know this town before i did the map. I just checked on the internet some places in California, and i found this one which looks nice. Benj, have you ever been to this city ?
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

Played your map. It looks cool, but needs more work.

- One player gets 3 hunts while another one gets 1 far away.
- Many empty spaces on the map. Add more forests or scenery please.
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

rikikipu wrote:
benj89 wrote:indeed nice map
hahaha no, i didnt know this town before i did the map. I just checked on the internet some places in California, and i found this one which looks nice. Benj, have you ever been to this city ?
Nope but thats now on my to do list. this place looks awesome
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

yurashic wrote:Played your map. It looks cool, but needs more work.

- One player gets 3 hunts while another one gets 1 far away.
- Many empty spaces on the map. Add more forests or scenery please.
About the hunts you are right, but this map is not like garja''s ones. I made it in order to play team games too, so it''s a bit more flexible than esoc maps. I like the idea of having sometimes more hunts sometimes less hunts as it changes the gameplay everygame. I wanted a map where you can play with an agressive or a defensive playstyle so you need to adapt everygame. Anyway, every player has at least one herdable hunt so you have time to make things happens.

About spaces you are totally right. I think there is enough wood, and adding much wood will be a pain for units pathing i guess. Adding scenary things or some designed objects in the next version of the map is definitly what i will do, I agree with you.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

empty spaces is fine, but you can change the grass or stuff a bit. so its not so monotonous.

the hunts are unbalanced, seen map 3x and 3x its been unbalanced, 1 side getting 2 herds close other one gets them spawned far away. its not that big of a deal if the hunts are bit far but they have to be equal for both.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

btw esoc maps will be team too in the fan patch. Just at launch not all unfortunately.
this map is nice
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I didn't notice major food balance issues when I played on it, but it's true that even on the global view of the map in the OP you see that the top player has 2 hunts in LOS of his tc while the bottom one has none in LOS. He does have 2 hunts, but much further.

That being said, I'm not sure you can make a map where both players always have almost the same distance to their hunts without making it kinda the same every game... If you check ESOC high plains, the first bison hunt is almost always between your tc and the border of the map, which makes it kinda predictable, and maybe it's a shame. Now even if I haven't scouted well enough my hunts, I just randomly send a vil behind my base and get the bison hunt 90% of time... However, the 2nd bison hunt is more random ' on the other hand he isn't "fair", because sometimes it can be herded to the tc but can't for the opponent...

Don't get me wrong tho, I love high plains, I think it's the ESOC map I prefer. Maybe old nilla gp habit who knows
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

btw high plains do have a constraint that pushes the 2nd bison behind tc and consequently the pronghorn in front of tc. I'll probably change that for the ESOC patch.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

garja wrote:btw high plains do have a constraint that pushes the 2nd bison behind tc and consequently the pronghorn in front of tc. I''ll probably change that for the ESOC patch.

Right that''s what I thought. It''s nice cause it makes it fair but maybe a bit too predictable
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

umeu wrote:empty spaces is fine, but you can change the grass or stuff a bit. so its not so monotonous.

the hunts are unbalanced, seen map 3x and 3x its been unbalanced, 1 side getting 2 herds close other one gets them spawned far away. its not that big of a deal if the hunts are bit far but they have to be equal for both.
Yeah i agree with the empty spaces, i need to make it a bit less monotonous.

About the hunts, well i''m going to check this, but i''m sure it''s easy to do.

And what about cliffs ? I think the two cliffs are a bit too big in 1v1 no ? In the present situation i think they promote a bit too much a defensive playstyle, isn''t it ?