Durokan's Custom Map Workshop

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
Romania mandosrex
Musketeer

Re: Durokan's Custom Map Workshop

Post by mandosrex »

Well, Durokan, I still didn't understand fully how it works but I managed to get the spawns that I want and that's perfect.
Thank you again!
Romania mandosrex
Musketeer

Post by mandosrex »

Hey @Durokan !
I kept thinking about a map, looked around but didn't find any which matched what I wanted.
So the only solution left was to ask you. I'd like to request a water map similar to Ceylon, but with player islands bigger, placed more symmetrical and not so random like in Ceylon and the center island a bit smaller.
I will use the map as Hawaii in my mod. Here's a badly made drawing:

Ok, maybe the player islands should be a bit bigger than in the drawing.
I could maybe change Ceylon to match this, but I need help with that as well (island sizes, spawns and all that).
Thank you for all your help!
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

mandosrex wrote:Hey @Durokan !
I kept thinking about a map, looked around but didn't find any which matched what I wanted.
So the only solution left was to ask you. I'd like to request a water map similar to Ceylon, but with player islands bigger, placed more symmetrical and not so random like in Ceylon and the center island a bit smaller.
I will use the map as Hawaii in my mod. Here's a badly made drawing:

Ok, maybe the player islands should be a bit bigger than in the drawing.
I could maybe change Ceylon to match this, but I need help with that as well (island sizes, spawns and all that).
Thank you for all your help!

I would suggest modifying my map "Acropolis" which is exactly what you want but in a different form. The way the acropolis map works is that it places the base map and then places the cliffs for each player at the same time as it places the TC followed by all of the resources. You could look through the code and start by changing the base of the map to be water so that you have a bunch of TC cliffs in the right place. Then convert those cliffs to normal land and make them the right size by changing the radius for the area such as in:

rmSetAreaSize(acropolis, 0.025, 0.025);

Keep both of those numbers the same, but make them larger or smaller.

Then when you are done with that make the island in the center.

Let me know how it goes and I can offer you a few more tips if you get stuck and If you get too stuck I can do it for you.

Also, do you mind if I post the chat logs from our PM conversation (for mirroring the last map) into this thread so that others can learn from it? I would do it in one large post and edit it to keep the informative stuff only
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
Romania mandosrex
Musketeer

Post by mandosrex »

Sure, you could post the stuff we talked about the map.
I will try what you suggested with Acropolis though I am unsure with how it will go. Will give it my best.
Romania mandosrex
Musketeer

Post by mandosrex »

@Durokan Alright, surprisingly, I made it work! Took some codes straight out of Caribbean for the islands but hey, it worked perfectly!
However, a big problem. Players won't spawn anymore, although their islands do appear.
I can do resource spawning and all that if players spawn. And it's gonna be pretty much perfect.
Attachments
Acropolis.xs
(13.86 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

1. Spawn islands without ressources
2. Define rmClass which you use for your tc
3. Place tc and add it to your defined class
4. Spawn ressources with a class constraint pointing to your defined rmClass
r]
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

mandosrex wrote:@Durokan Alright, surprisingly, I made it work! Took some codes straight out of Caribbean for the islands but hey, it worked perfectly!
However, a big problem. Players won't spawn anymore, although their islands do appear.
I can do resource spawning and all that if players spawn. And it's gonna be pretty much perfect.

It's not necessary on a land map, but on a water map you have to place the land before the player tc's because it will place them into the water and they will disappear, so move the island to the first thing in your loop instead of the last as a first thing to try. I'm on mobile now but I can look through it better in a bit
Romania mandosrex
Musketeer

Post by mandosrex »

It worked! Though, I had to place the player island in a weird position because of

Code: Select all

rmSetAreaLocation(playerIslandID, rmPlayerLocXFraction(i), rmPlayerLocZFraction(i));

If I place it higher in the file the map will fail to load probably because of that code.

Anyway, I wanna do something extra. I wanna get the hill you made for Mt. Fuji, make it a bit smaller and place it on the middle island.
Will "copy paste" work or do I need to do something extra?
Romania mandosrex
Musketeer

Post by mandosrex »

Can someone please explain map sizes to me because it's very confusing.
Some maps have it like this:

int playerTiles = 22000;
   if (cNumberNonGaiaPlayers >4)
      playerTiles = 18000;
   if (cNumberNonGaiaPlayers >6)
      playerTiles = 20000;   

Other maps have it like this:

int playerTiles = 22000;
      playerTiles = 20000;
      playerTiles = 18000;   

Even original maps, some have >4 higher, others have >6 higher...
Which one is correct?!?!?

Gandalf's maps have:

int playerTiles = 15000;  // 2 pl
   playerTiles = 11000;   // 7,8 pl
   else if (cNumberNonGaiaPlayers >4)
      playerTiles = 13000;   // 5,6 pl
   else if (cNumberNonGaiaPlayers >2)
      playerTiles = 14000;   // 3,4 pl   

So, from what I understand, 2 people = size 15000, 8 people = size 11000...
What?

I see that simply removing all these confusing codes and leaving just the first playerTiles still resizes the map according to player numbers but without the confusion. Is this a bad idea?
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

@mandosrex
It's confusing because that isn't all of the code for that statement. The full part of the code is as follows: (example code from a different map)

int playerTiles = 20000;
      playerTiles = 18000;
      playerTiles = 16000;         

int size=2.0*sqrt(cNumberNonGaiaPlayers*playerTiles);
  rmSetMapSize(size, size);

playerTiles is an integer which is initially set to 20,000. If there are more than 4 players, it changes playerTiles to 18,000. If there are more than 6 players, it is set to 16,000.
The next block then creates a new integer which is equal to 2 times the square root of (the number of players * playerTiles).
It then sets the dimensions of the map equal to that result in both axes.

Here is an example of that code:
A map is loaded with 3 players. playerTiles is set to 20,000.
size is set equal to 2*(sqrt(3*20,000)) which will be end up being about 490.
This will make the map 490 by 490 tiles.

Here is a table of map sizes by player number starting at 2 and using this equation. It will change based on what equation is used.
2)400x400
3)490x490 ---> 90
4)567x567 ---> 77
5)600x600 ---> 33
6)657x657 ---> 57
7)669x669 ---> 12
8)716x716 ---> 47
As you can see from the arrows pointing to the right, the map size doesn't simply increase by a static number of meters each time a player is added. It has a general trend of increasing by fewer tiles than the previous time as more players are added.
Romania mandosrex
Musketeer

Post by mandosrex »

Alright, but how about the fact that some maps have a higher number for >4 and others for >6. Which is correct?
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

mandosrex wrote:Alright, but how about the fact that some maps have a higher number for >4 and others for >6. Which is correct?

They are all correct in some sense, it really depends on how large you want the maps to be. If you don't like the square roots, you could do something like this. (Note, numbers are not balanced, I completely made them up and they won't be good to use, so make your own depending on how large you want the map to feel.) Using hardcoded numbers like this is simpler, though it's harder to change and some people prefer the equations instead.

int size = 350;
   if(cNumberNonGaiaPlayers==3){
      size = 375;
   }else if(cNumberNonGaiaPlayers==4){
      size = 400;
   }else if(cNumberNonGaiaPlayers==5){
      size = 425;
   }else if(cNumberNonGaiaPlayers==6){
      size = 450;
   }else if(cNumberNonGaiaPlayers==7){
      size = 475;
   }else if(cNumberNonGaiaPlayers==8){
      size = 500;
   }
 rmSetMapSize(size, size);

Romania mandosrex
Musketeer

Post by mandosrex »

So, I understood the equation, I did it myself and came to the same result. However, there are 2 other things I don't understand.

1. "playerTiles is an integer which is initially set to 20,000. If there are more than 4 players, it changes playerTiles to 18,000. If there are more than 6 players, it is set to 16,000. "
What I don't understand here is this, if when more than 4 players map is 18,000, and more than 6 map is 16,000, then when is 20,000, the first value, used? When it's 2 and 3 players? If yes, then... why do the numbers get smaller but the map gets bigger? I think my poor mathematical skills are getting in the way of this.

2. In the equation, you used "2*(sqrt(3*20,000))", 20,000 being the initial value, so then when working with 4 players, how do you do the equation? "2*(sqrt(4*18,000))"? "2*(sqrt(4*20,000))"? I just... don't understand the logic so I could work with it.

And why if I remove the codes for >4 and >6 entirely, and just leave "int playerTiles=20000", the map still loads and scales properly with players?
Are they even needed?
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

mandosrex wrote:So, I understood the equation, I did it myself and came to the same result. However, there are 2 other things I don't understand.

1. "playerTiles is an integer which is initially set to 20,000. If there are more than 4 players, it changes playerTiles to 18,000. If there are more than 6 players, it is set to 16,000. "
What I don't understand here is this, if when more than 4 players map is 18,000, and more than 6 map is 16,000, then when is 20,000, the first value, used? When it's 2 and 3 players? If yes, then... why do the numbers get smaller but the map gets bigger? I think my poor mathematical skills are getting in the way of this.

2. In the equation, you used "2*(sqrt(3*20,000))", 20,000 being the initial value, so then when working with 4 players, how do you do the equation? "2*(sqrt(4*18,000))"? "2*(sqrt(4*20,000))"? I just... don't understand the logic so I could work with it.

And why if I remove the codes for >4 and >6 entirely, and just leave "int playerTiles=20000", the map still loads and scales properly with players?
Are they even needed?

tl;dr they are not needed but make the map grow larger more slowly as more players are added. going from 2 players to 8 players roughly triples the size of the map with this system, as opposed to quadrupling.

all variables in this language use their most recently assigned value, but can be reassigned any number of times. For example, in the following code, exampleA will ultimately be assigned a value of 83.
int exampleA = 100;
exampleA = 80;
exampleA = 83;

When you use an "if" statement to change a variable, the variable will only change when that statement comes true. In the following example, exampleB will always be equal to 92 except when the statement evaluates (when someOtherVariable is equal to 5).
int exampleB = 12;
exampleB = 92;
if(someOtherVariable == 5){
exampleB = 14;
}

So in the example I gave in the earlier post, 20,000 is the default value. If the game detects that there are more than 4 players it will change it to 18,000. If more than 6, it changes to 16,000. If neither of those changes happen, that means that there had to be 4 or fewer players, as none of the changes happened for more than 4 players.

Map growing larger:
The equation listed in the earlier post was 2 * square root (players * playerTiles). I'm going to talk about the number being square rooted first, which is players * playerTiles. For 2 players, it will be 2 * 20,000 = 40,000. For 3 players, it will be 3*20,000 = 60,000. For 4 players, 4 * 20,000 = 80,000. For 5 players, 5 * 18,000 = 90,000. For 6 players, 6 * 18,000 = 108,000. For 7 players, it will be 7 * 16,000 = 112,000. And finally for 8 players, it will be 8 * 16,000 = 128,000. This final number is then square rooted and doubled, but it illustrates the point of why the map gets larger even though the tiles are reducing, because the product is larger than the previous one even though one of the multiplicands is being reduced.

If you remove the if statements in the example, it will always execute as 20,000 for playerTiles. This can be seen as (in the same format as previous example)
2 * 20k = 40k
3 * 20k = 60k
4 * 20k = 80k
5 * 20k = 100k
6 * 20k = 120k
7 * 20k = 140k
8 * 20k = 160k
This results in maps that will be very large, as a map with four times the players will be four times the size. Here are size comparisons
2 * 20k = 40k vs 2 * 20k = 40k
3 * 20k = 60k vs 3 * 20k = 60k
4 * 20k = 80k vs 4 * 20k = 80k
5 * 20k = 100k vs 5 * 18k = 90k
6 * 20k = 120k vs 6 * 18k = 108k
7 * 20k = 140k vs 7 * 16k = 112k
8 * 20k = 160k vs 8 * 16k = 128k
As you can see, that number is much larger if you remove the "if" statements.
Romania mandosrex
Musketeer

Post by mandosrex »

Aaaah, now I understand. It finally clicked. The map size will always be *X number of players, that's why the size is smaller.
I guess it kinda explains why some maps have higher values for >4 and others for >6, the map with >6 will still be bigger, but it also makes the >4 bigger as well, though too big compared to the ones <4... So I still think there's a problem with this discrepancy.
And without those codes the maps end up bigger. I mean, people have always been asking for bigger maps, nice to know there's another way to do it.

Hawaii is also coming along nicely. Though I have problems spawning some damn nuggets only in the center island. Don't know why it's so damn difficult. Some times the simple things are the most difficult.
I will work on the custom hardened lava textures for the middle island and show it off here.
Thanks for everything (might still come back with questions)!
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

How to mirrow a map, from Durokan + mandosrex private messages in early august

mandosrex wrote:Hey Durokan!

I didn't want to spam your maps thread (although I'll do it if double posting is not an issue and private messages bother you) but I need to ask you for a little bit of help with some maps.

Right now I have only one question, would it be possible to flip a map's orientation like in a mirror? The Florida map from the ESOC patch, for example, would it be possible to make it look like this:

Is this something easily achievable or does the entire map need to be remade?
I just want the water to be on the southwestern side so it fits as Guinea Coast for my mod.

Thank you for all of your work!

I prefer messages in the thread because they are public so others can benefit from the information. I am notified of all posts in my workshop so it isn't any slower than PM in terms of response time. Think of it as more of a public message.

To answer your question, it is inconvenient but possible. Quite simply all you need to do is swap X and Z coordinate of all coordinates in the .xs file with eachother. I hope the following picture explains it well.

mandosrex wrote:I still think double posting might be an issue, as the last message on your maps thread is also mine.
But I will post the next topic there.

For now, regarding the issue I asked about earlier, I understand what I need to do but I am not sure what is a coordinate and what is not.
Are all coordinates the ones with "Location"? Is "Coherence" a coordinate? Does "Size" need to be changed?

Thank you.

mandosrex wrote:I am sorry for the noobish questions but this is rather complicated for me.
One more though, I guess "InfluenceSegment" also needs changing but it has 4 coordinates, (swampAreaID, 0.78, 1.00, 0.50, 0.85).
What numbers do I switch with which? Is it (1, 1, 2, 2) or (1, 2, 1, 2)?

(swampAreaID, 0.78, 1.00, 0.50, 0.85) becomes (swampAreaID, 1.0, .78, 0.85, 0.50)

you being the last to post doesn't bother me as I didn't need to respond to that one. It's no big deal.

By coordinates I was referring to things that say where something is being placed, not how something is being placed. Refer to this change document to learn what I mean, I don't know how to explain it otherwise.

https://www.diffchecker.com/RWazt0Lk

(On the left in red is the original, on the right in green is the new version)

I have attached a version of florida that has been entirely mirrored with the exception of the FFA spawn. Use the difference checker I attached to understand the process by which I mirrored all of the coordinates. It's not as simple a fix as flipping the spawns so I don't want to do that right now, but I'm sure it's something you will be able to figure out.

I'm stepping out for lunch for an hour or two so I won't be here for that time, but do let me know if this has solved your problems.

mandosrex wrote:Ah, thank you very much for your help!
I will test it as soon as I can and I will look over the changes.

mandosrex wrote:I am sorry of bringing this up again but, I have to ask why doesn't the same method work for FFA spawns as well?
I tried every combination, even taking codes from other maps, but the spawns keep getting messed up, especially by that swamp in the north.
A simply circular spawn doesn't seem to work very well on this map either.

The rest of the map is perfect, but could you maybe help me out with FFA spawn as well?
I see how the rest work now what what needs changing.

Thank you!

Don't be sorry, it's a learning process. I wouldn't offer the help if it was an annoyance to me. This took me much longer than I'd like to admit, almost one and a half hours to get working perfectly. The FFA spawn is 100% symmetrical now and should work great. I didn't test it more than 25 times across all 7 spawn sizes, so let me know if you encounter any bugs with it. Here you go.

mandosrex wrote:Your help is very appreciated. Only one small problem, you uploaded the name and load image file (does it have an actual name?) instead of the map file.
:mrgreen:

Yeah that's my bad, I guess I forgot to press CTRL to attach both of them. My computer is off for the night but it was only two lines of code different from the one you have.

From memory, there is a line very close to my "fix later" comment in some form like <.03,(.34-.02*cnum),.97,(.74+.08*cnum);

Switch those to be .34-...,.03,.74+...,.97;
Also change the line close to it with .2,.8 to .5,1.0

I will upload in the morning when I wake up to ensure it is correct, but the info I gave you should work
Attachments
mandos_florida.xs
(68.44 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
mandos_florida.xml
(1.33 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
Romania mandosrex
Musketeer

Post by mandosrex »

@Durokan Ahem, the last quote from me, let's uhm... remove that. :D
Or just leave the "Yup, it worked, no need to upload the whole thing." part.

New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

This looks really nice. I think this is a map I will really try out. Thanks :)
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Romania mandosrex
Musketeer

Post by mandosrex »

Ok?
The new Hawaii map will be part of the new Improvement Mod Oceania map pool.

Here's a better look at the complete map (it might feature some Polynesian natives in the future)!

From Acropolis to this, I'd say it went pretty good, eh @Durokan ? :smile:
And by using Fuji I also managed to place a small dormant volcano in the middle!
Thank you again.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Hey Durokan, I have a map request, if you could spare the time for such a detailed one.
I thought of it as a :love: , Mark Twain/Antebellum feel map for 1v1 and with room for diverse strategies, possibly the new Bonnie Springs
Map Name: Moon River
Map Size/Player Count: 1v1 + 2 OBS
Resources
Hunts: 1 Turkey herd near each TC, 2 deer herds on each of the starting peninsulas, 1 on each side peninsula, 4 in the middle
Mines: 1 copper mine near each TC, 1 on each starting peninsula, 2 as shown on each of the side peninsulas, 2 gold mines in the middle
Forests: New England forest on the entire map, low-medium density
Herdables: 10 sheep, 6 cows, spread randomly, but if possible safe from being screwed by spawning in water
Treasures: Plymouth
Identifying Features
Land layout: the edges could of course be smoother, more natural than in my painting (Edit: I did not mention the size of the map... maybe just so that frigates with 35 range won't reach everything :flowers:
Cliffs: no cliffs, a flat map
Water: pampas river, width 5.000 (so that skirmishers can shoot across), the two round "eco ponds" with a radius equal to the standard width of the river
Water Homecity Shipment point in the water just near each TC
fish - Moon Bass should be found in the river, 10 on each side of the map = 7 spread evenly + 3 in the pond
Traderoutes: 1 safe TP behind each TC, close to the end of the river, 1 less safe TP on each side peninsula, close enough to the water, so that ships with 20 range could siege it
Natives: Jesuit mission in front of each TC, slightly to the water side to leave the other side of the town more open for construction, 2 Seminole villages in the middle
Cosmetic:
lighting - 3x01a newengland
PROP: firewood pile/potted plants/horse/table/campfire should spawn randomly just anywhere, one of each; in the water swan/turtles/duck family, two of each; in the air a single flock of geese anywhere on the map and a murican eagle over each TC
Drawing of the Minimap
Attachments
Moon River - detailed.png
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Some things that I have forgotten:

The map for the loading screen could be Bayou.
Loading description:
"Fight fiercely over the Georgia-Florida frontier or be gone with the wind!
Grab a handful of livestock, a secure trading post, and a Jesuit village with defensive bonuses.
Wall up the peninsula to guard your boom, secure the rich middle island to break through stalemates with the help of the Seminoles, traverse the canals to raid opponentā€™s economy, or to do some fishingā€¦ Be mindful of the shallows though; choose strategically where to launch your ships!"

Lobby description:
Take control of the central island or dominate the water canals in the picturesque Antebellum South.
Romania mandosrex
Musketeer

Post by mandosrex »

That is... a very complicated map.
I have a simpler request, @Durokan. The last map I will work on for my project.

So the ESOC map Adirondacks, I want to modify it a little. But (as always) I can't make it work properly without help.
Modifying land layout is something I always struggled with, and making ramps for cliffs.

Here's what I'd like it to look like:

Green: The land should be lower so there is more water. I like the shape but just shorter.
Pink: I'd like the whole area underneath the trade route to be on a cliff, with ramps preferably.

I tried modifying the ground but it just doesn't work. No matter what I change the map stays the same. I even put all sizes at 0 and still no change. It's ridiculous.
Please help!
Attachments
Adirondacks.rar
(7.77 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

@Imperial Noob
@mandosrex

Are you two still interested in having your requests completed?
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

I am! :grin:
Nice to see you alive and well :flowers:
Italy Mondor
Crossbow

Post by Mondor »

Hello! I m new member of comunity! @Durokan have ask for my work maps random!! :uglylol:
I would like to change Great Plains to have other things but I encounter problems ..
(first ever my English ;) ) so .. what I know
I have Dreamviewer for .xs file and use note for .xml
My first change was light, and I got sunset very easily from other maps that are in the game (I'm looking at all the maps of RM3).
I would like to change native villages (now there are Comanche x2 and Cheyenne x3), but I see that in the .xs file there are 6 civilizations (this already makes me confused)
In any case, I changed the code with Lakota names (like in great plains "RM") but then from a load error. The code is this:

//Chooses which natives appear on the map
   int subCiv0=-1;
   int subCiv1=-1;
   int subCiv2=-1;
   int subCiv3=-1;
   int subCiv4=-1;
   int subCiv5=-1;

// Choose which variation to use.  1=southeast trade route, 2=northwest trade route
   int whichMap=rmRandInt(1,2);
   // int whichMap=2;

// Are there extra meeting poles?
   int extraPoles=rmRandInt(1,2);
   extraPoles=1;
   // int extraPoles=2;

if (rmAllocateSubCivs(6) == true)
   {

subCiv0=rmGetCivID("Comanche");
      rmEchoInfo("subCiv0 is Comanche "+subCiv0);
      if (subCiv0 >= 0)
         rmSetSubCiv(0, "Comanche");

subCiv1=rmGetCivID("Cheyenne");
      rmEchoInfo("subCiv1 is Cheyenne "+subCiv1);
      if (subCiv1 >= 0)
         rmSetSubCiv(1, "Cheyenne");

subCiv2=rmGetCivID("Cheyenne");
      rmEchoInfo("subCiv2 is Cheyenne "+subCiv2);
      if (subCiv2 >= 0)
         rmSetSubCiv(2, "Cheyenne");

subCiv3=rmGetCivID("Comanche");
      rmEchoInfo("subCiv3 is Comanche "+subCiv3);
      if (subCiv3 >= 0)
         rmSetSubCiv(3, "Comanche");

subCiv4=rmGetCivID("Comanche");
      rmEchoInfo("subCiv4 is Comanche "+subCiv4);
      if (subCiv4 >= 0)
         rmSetSubCiv(4, "Comanche");

subCiv5=rmGetCivID("Cheyenne");
      rmEchoInfo("subCiv5 is Cheyenne "+subCiv5);
      if (subCiv5 >= 0)
         rmSetSubCiv(5, "Cheyenne");
   }

in line 478
   if (subCiv1 == rmGetCivID("Cheyenne"))
   {   
      int cheyenneVillageAID = -1;
      int cheyenneVillageType = rmRandInt(1,5);
      cheyenneVillageAID = rmCreateGrouping("cheyenne village A", "native cheyenne village "+cheyenneVillageType);
      rmSetGroupingMinDistance(cheyenneVillageAID, 0.0);
      rmSetGroupingMaxDistance(cheyenneVillageAID, rmXFractionToMeters(0.1));
      rmAddGroupingConstraint(cheyenneVillageAID, avoidImpassableLand);
      rmAddGroupingToClass(cheyenneVillageAID, rmClassID("importantItem"));
      rmAddGroupingToClass(cheyenneVillageAID, rmClassID("natives"));
      rmAddGroupingConstraint(cheyenneVillageAID, avoidNatives);
      rmAddGroupingConstraint(cheyenneVillageAID, avoidTradeRoute);
     rmAddGroupingConstraint(cheyenneVillageAID, avoidStartingUnits);
      if ( whichMap == 1 )
      {
         rmPlaceGroupingAtLoc(cheyenneVillageAID, 0, 0.7, 0.6);
      }
      else
      {
         rmPlaceGroupingAtLoc(cheyenneVillageAID, 0, 0.65, 0.15);
      }

Have replace with this:

//Chooses which natives appear on the map
   int subCiv0=-1;
   int subCiv1=-1;
   int subCiv2=-1;
   int subCiv3=-1;
   int subCiv4=-1;
   int subCiv5=-1;

// Choose which variation to use.  1=southeast trade route, 2=northwest trade route
   int whichMap=rmRandInt(1,2);
   // int whichMap=2;

// Are there extra meeting poles?
   int extraPoles=rmRandInt(1,2);
   extraPoles=1;
   // int extraPoles=2;

if (rmAllocateSubCivs(6) == true)
   {

subCiv0=rmGetCivID("Comanche");
      rmEchoInfo("subCiv0 is Comanche "+subCiv0);
      if (subCiv0 >= 0)
         rmSetSubCiv(0, "Comanche");

subCiv1=rmGetCivID("Lakota");
      rmEchoInfo("subCiv1 is Lakota "+subCiv1);
      if (subCiv1 >= 0)
         rmSetSubCiv(1, "Lakota");

subCiv2=rmGetCivID("Cheyenne");
      rmEchoInfo("subCiv2 is Cheyenne "+subCiv2);
      if (subCiv2 >= 0)
         rmSetSubCiv(2, "Cheyenne");

subCiv3=rmGetCivID("Comanche");
      rmEchoInfo("subCiv3 is Comanche "+subCiv3);
      if (subCiv3 >= 0)
         rmSetSubCiv(3, "Comanche");

subCiv4=rmGetCivID("Comanche");
      rmEchoInfo("subCiv4 is Comanche "+subCiv4);
      if (subCiv4 >= 0)
         rmSetSubCiv(4, "Comanche");

subCiv5=rmGetCivID("Cheyenne");
      rmEchoInfo("subCiv5 is Cheyenne "+subCiv5);
      if (subCiv5 >= 0)
         rmSetSubCiv(5, "Cheyenne");
   }

in line 478
if (subCiv1 == rmGetCivID("Lakota"))
   {   
      int lakotaVillageAID = -1;
      int lakotaVillageType = rmRandInt(1,5);
      lakotaVillageAID = rmCreateGrouping("lakota village A", "native lakota village "+lakotaVillageType);
      rmSetGroupingMinDistance(lakotaVillageAID, 0.0);
      rmSetGroupingMaxDistance(lakotaVillageAID, rmXFractionToMeters(0.1));
      rmAddGroupingConstraint(lakotaVillageAID, avoidImpassableLand);
      rmAddGroupingToClass(lakotaVillageAID, rmClassID("importantItem"));
      rmAddGroupingToClass(lakotaVillageAID, rmClassID("natives"));
      rmAddGroupingConstraint(lakotaVillageAID, avoidNatives);
      rmAddGroupingConstraint(lakotaVillageAID, avoidTradeRoute);
     rmAddGroupingConstraint(lakotaVillageAID, avoidStartingUnits);
      if ( whichMap == 1 )
      {
         rmPlaceGroupingAtLoc(lakotaVillageAID, 0, 0.7, 0.6);
      }
      else
      {
         rmPlaceGroupingAtLoc(lakotaVillageAID, 0, 0.65, 0.15);
      }

I wanted to insert Huron but gave error, so I tried with this that was present in the great plains of RM