Durokan's Custom Map Workshop

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer
ESO: vividlyplain

Re: Durokan's Custom Map Workshop

Post by vividlyplain »

Garja wrote:you usually set the map type when initializing the base terrain and such
Ok. Makes sense. Much appreciated!
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

Hey gang,

I'm uploading a much more significantly balanced, polished, and performance optimized set of my maps in a little rework pack that I've been putting some quality time into. Updates consist of topics like XML revamp, Much fairer and balanced spawns across the board (more consistent too), Nomad and KOTH support, and revamped water flags as well as other detection and collision logic. Maps should be smoother and more enjoyable.

Zagros
Jebel Musa
Mt. Fuji
Cedarforest
Lake Tahoe
Attachments
durokan_map_pack_1.zip
(27.11 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Good to see you my friend :) ill have to check these these out
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Durokan best kan, as they say
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

iNcog wrote:Durokan best kan, as they say
been working on big things, hope to make some good announcements soon
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Oh is that so? That's exciting :hmm: ! :D
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag Shadow1414
Crossbow
ESO: Shadow1414

Post by Shadow1414 »

Hello Durokan,

Firstly I would like to thank you for creating all these maps, played some of them and they're really cool.

I have had in mind to create a map which I believe to be quite simple as I do not care too much for detail...

All I want is a map that is divided in 2 with only one pass from one side to the other. It is intended to be a defense map for any amount of players.

Players spawn on the left side or right side depending on the team they're on. They have their Town Centers quite near eaach other.

The amount of hunt available, wood and gold should be pretty much infinite, so I'm thinking 100s of Elephants (or whatever animal gives the most food). A huge forest where it would take hours to deplete and many mines with a lot of gold in it( I dont know if you can change the density of the mines or how much of each resource each item has). Also no treasures at all as well as no water.

I attach a basic drawing of what I intend to explain.
Attachments
aoe3map.jpg
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Shadow1414 wrote:Hello Durokan,

Firstly I would like to thank you for creating all these maps, played some of them and they're really cool.

I have had in mind to create a map which I believe to be quite simple as I do not care too much for detail...

All I want is a map that is divided in 2 with only one pass from one side to the other. It is intended to be a defense map for any amount of players.

Players spawn on the left side or right side depending on the team they're on. They have their Town Centers quite near eaach other.

The amount of hunt available, wood and gold should be pretty much infinite, so I'm thinking 100s of Elephants (or whatever animal gives the most food). A huge forest where it would take hours to deplete and many mines with a lot of gold in it( I dont know if you can change the density of the mines or how much of each resource each item has). Also no treasures at all as well as no water.

Hi,
First, welcome to the forums.

Your map design is interesting, but it wouldn't be very interesting unfortunately. People would just build 10 walls between the cliff and camp behind it with skirms/archers/artillery, making the games very boring and very unbalanced.
In fact, if Japan walls in age 1 (ie, before the opponent has time to sneak a vill on the other side of the map), you're never going to break that wall and eventually lose. Furthermore, the games would take forever because it's almost impossible to break the opponent's wall in a choke like this.
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:

Hi,

Your map design is interesting, but it wouldn't be very interesting unfortunately. People would just build 10 walls between the cliff and camp behind it with skirms/archers/artillery, making the games very boring and very unbalanced.
In fact, if Japan walls in age 1 (ie, before the opponent has time to sneak a vill on the other side of the map), you're never going to break that wall and eventually lose. Furthermore, the games would take forever because it's almost impossible to break the opponent's wall in a choke like this.
believe it or not, some people enjoy this
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

vividlyplain wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:

Hi,

Well, if some people enjoy this and the team map has time to make such a map then it's great !

However, I really don't want to see that kind of map in a tournament map pool (or even in the standard EP map pool). Just saying that because the new maps tend to be added to the tournament pools to promote then, and it doesn't always work well.
Great Britain TheNameDaniel
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: danielek

Post by TheNameDaniel »

This is already a scenario im pretty sure.
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
vividlyplain wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Well, if some people enjoy this and the team map has time to make such a map then it's great !

However, I really don't want to see that kind of map in a tournament map pool (or even in the standard EP map pool). Just saying that because the new maps tend to be added to the tournament pools to promote then, and it doesn't always work well.
That's fair, but I don't think that's what this thread is for. I think this person just wants a custom map made.
No Flag Shadow1414
Crossbow

Post by Shadow1414 »

Honestly this is meant to be a map for noobs where it can go either way because we make many more mistakes than pros do, we're not on top of everything all the time, and our economy isn't that good aswell, even if we have the resources there waiting to be harvested.

Sure it is a map intended for games to last long but at the end im pretty sure that one team would stay on top of each other an not have the resources to keep up with the damage that the other team is doing to the defences.

Surely not viable for people with more experience in the game, but for noobs that dont even know what units to build to counter defences/attacks this could be interesting and tons of fun for those turtlers among us
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

Shadow1414 wrote:Honestly this is meant to be a map for noobs where it can go either way because we make many more mistakes than pros do, we're not on top of everything all the time, and our economy isn't that good aswell, even if we have the resources there waiting to be harvested.

Sure it is a map intended for games to last long but at the end im pretty sure that one team would stay on top of each other an not have the resources to keep up with the damage that the other team is doing to the defences.

Surely not viable for people with more experience in the game, but for noobs that dont even know what units to build to counter defences/attacks this could be interesting and tons of fun for those turtlers among us
here you are
Attachments
ShadowsMap.xs
(383.72 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
ShadowsMap.xml
(614 Bytes) Downloaded 57 times
ShadowsMap.JPG
No Flag Shadow1414
Crossbow

Post by Shadow1414 »

Wow man thank you so much for the quick response and map creation seriously didn't expect it to be so fast.

Me and my friends are going to have such a fun time!!

Thanks again
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

Shadow1414 wrote:Wow man thank you so much for the quick response and map creation seriously didn't expect it to be so fast.

Me and my friends are going to have such a fun time!!

Thanks again
good stuff! you provided an easy template so np
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

[Armag] diarouga wrote: Well, if some people enjoy this and the team map has time to make such a map then it's great !

I wonder what would your opinion be about the competitive playablity of a map I suggested to Durokan some time ago, but which due to coding complexity would take too much work and was declined.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=4748&start=350#p258805

Do you think this design could be tweaked into something playable and interesting?
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

Imperial Noob wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote: Well, if some people enjoy this and the team map has time to make such a map then it's great !

I wonder what would your opinion be about the competitive playablity of a map I suggested to Durokan some time ago, but which due to coding complexity would take too much work and was declined.

Do you think this design could be tweaked into something playable and interesting?
looks cool... i'd make it but it would take some time so idk if i ever will
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

vividlyplain wrote:
Imperial Noob wrote:

I wouldn't want to make you or any other mapmaker spend a lot of time on it, especially if it would not have the multiplayer potential I envisioned. :flowers:

I was just interested in a theoretical discussion, to see if a really non-standard map with balanced strategical options is possible (hence: "new Bonnie Springs")

My thought process, and the reason the map is so complex and detailed in specifications, was to give many options (small water boom, sort of pond play with a potential for outposts and land units firing, but also ships retreating, up to naval assaults even on the main base, plus some TP line income, nats good for defense, nats good for siege, such hunt availability that brit and japs would not be screwed, but such location of some res that aggressive civs would benefit from holding terrain... etc.), but prevent abuse of these special features through foresight of things such as ranges of units and typical civ strategies.
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

Imperial Noob wrote:
vividlyplain wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I wouldn't want to make you or any other mapmaker spend a lot of time on it, especially if it would not have the multiplayer potential I envisioned. :flowers:

I was just interested in a theoretical discussion, to see if a really non-standard map with balanced strategical options is possible (hence: "new Bonnie Springs")

My thought process, and the reason the map is so complex and detailed in specifications, was to give many options (small water boom, sort of pond play with a potential for outposts and land units firing, but also ships retreating, up to naval assaults even on the main base, plus some TP line income, nats good for defense, nats good for siege, such hunt availability that brit and japs would not be screwed, but such location of some res that aggressive civs would benefit from holding terrain... etc.), but prevent abuse of these special features through foresight of things such as ranges of units and typical civ strategies.
if people like this idea i will put it up in priority, if not i may still make it when i have time (corona dependent)
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

vividlyplain wrote:
Shadow1414 wrote:Honestly this is meant to be a map for noobs where it can go either way because we make many more mistakes than pros do, we're not on top of everything all the time, and our economy isn't that good aswell, even if we have the resources there waiting to be harvested.

here you are
lol this map looks insane
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

iNcog wrote:
vividlyplain wrote:

here you are
lol this map looks insane
lol yeah... it plays just as rouga said
fun fact, when oyu put 100 elifents into a tight herd like this they aren't herdable
United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Post by iCourt »

Hmm, having some trouble adding the revolt music to a modified map I am working on. Anyone got an idea on how to make the trigger work?
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

iCourt wrote:Hmm, having some trouble adding the revolt music to a modified map I am working on. Anyone got an idea on how to make the trigger work?
I dont normally suggest this but take a look a the wars of liberty maps. They ALL have custom music code to get the civ "theme" to play at the beginning of each game
Canada BlazinAmmo_
Crossbow
ESO: BlazinAmmo

Post by BlazinAmmo_ »

Thank you so much for this Durokan! Without your tutorial maps, I would've never got started with RMS map scripting. I owe you so much!
BlazinAmmo My Projects:CreatorWars: Download Now!