New "beta" map, Guinea

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Re: New "beta" map, Guinea

Post by Durokan »

somppukunkku wrote:"he starts posting things in a positive way."
So, in the other words, criticizing is forbidden? Otherwise it's Jerom breathing down my neck and telling that I need to make better patch on my own. Gotta love this circle jerk mentality. I already knew that a certain group loves doing that but Incog shouldn't be one of them.

As I said, 5k in gold mine is too much. For example Japs are able to sit in the base whole game. Russia civ advantage is destroyed and it's unplayable.

Both of you should tone down the flame; not just you.

I'm legitimately curious and inexperienced with high level balance. This is NOT questioning your ability to discern the strengths and weaknesses of the civ. Why does 5k in base get rid of russia's advantage? Or what else about the map makes it hard to play russia.
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

It's not really criticism at this point Somppu, you're basically just whining about everything and anything. For that unfortunate reason, I am not really interested in your feedback. Please do not drag down this thread with your flaming.

Yes, it's a high resource map. I'm trying to tweak things so that it's a high resource, no TP, land map. That means there are a lot of resources in base but also spread out over the map. The quantity of resources needs to be adjusted, but I'd like to make adjustments based off of feedback from actual game play, no theoretical notions. Basically, more replays, no flame.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Double post: Durokan your piece of code works flawlessly, it's excellent!

You've put together a nice little piece of code which allows one to paint the map with different terrains, just lovely.
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

iNcog wrote:Double post: Durokan your piece of code works flawlessly, it's excellent!

You've put together a nice little piece of code which allows one to paint the map with different terrains, just lovely.

Nice! If you have any new ideas for the map I can write them for you or give you a step in the right direction. Feel free to ask about stuff if you want to learn :)
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Ignore feedback and make maps no-one plays
That's the way to go bro : )
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

there was originally a 5k and a 2k relatively close to the tc, but now its just a 5k.
However to compensate for the 5k mine, it should be further from the tc.

i have expressed the issues of having too many starting resources and incog has addressed this issue :)
the treasures are very nice and balanced, similar to cascade range but more like 50c/w/f rather than 10c 20c etc, which is very good in terms of balance and how many maps should be like. No tps is also a nice change as theyre also considered op
overall i think this is a nice map but there also needs to be more resources out on the map so civs like aztec, sioux, iro, india, russia are playable, rather than benefitting just boomy/turtly and defensive civs.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

There are 7 big hunts out on the map and there's one starting hunt and one big hunt for each player in this version. Diarouga made a similar remark, so I hope that this iteration is a step in the right direction. :)
Garja wrote:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Hazza54321 wrote:there was originally a 5k and a 2k relatively close to the tc, but now its just a 5k.
However to compensate for the 5k mine, it should be further from the tc.

i have expressed the issues of having too many starting resources and incog has addressed this issue :)
the treasures are very nice and balanced, similar to cascade range but more like 50c/w/f rather than 10c 20c etc, which is very good in terms of balance and how many maps should be like. No tps is also a nice change as theyre also considered op
overall i think this is a nice map but there also needs to be more resources out on the map so civs like aztec, sioux, iro, india, russia are playable, rather than benefitting just boomy/turtly and defensive civs.

I think its kinda important for there to be at least a defendable coin mine though. I really want to play this map some now, seems like a good dutch map :D
No Flag deuxballesman
Dragoon

Post by deuxballesman »

Seems like the perfect japan map! Though I'm not sure of its size. If small even they might still be rushable or at least the shrine count could be kept under control
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

The concept looks very good, I'm sure that with a bit of polishing it can (and should) enter the next esoc patch maps...
A static and simetric map is something different to what we have seen all this years, but it looks like a nice change for a few new maps..
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

lemmings121 wrote:The concept looks very good, I'm sure that with a bit of polishing it can (and should) enter the next esoc patch maps...
A static and simetric map is something different to what we have seen all this years, but it looks like a nice change for a few new maps..

Some esoc maps like arkansas are basically not really random either. The only true randomness those maps have is the fact that the map can bug and remove a few hunts.

On a sidenote: how does the map deal with animal walking? Is that still completely random or is that also predetermined.
No Flag aaaron3000
Crossbow

Post by aaaron3000 »

iNcog wrote:Just pronghorn. ^^

This is nitpicky but pronghorn are very specifically a North American desert animal and would seem weird in the African Jungle. I know there aren't any actual African animals in the game but maybe you could use Nilgai instead? It's at least closer to an African antelope. Elephants would be cool too but it sounds like you've already decided against it.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Jerom wrote:
lemmings121 wrote:The concept looks very good, I'm sure that with a bit of polishing it can (and should) enter the next esoc patch maps...

Some esoc maps like arkansas are basically not really random either. The only true randomness those maps have is the fact that the map can bug and remove a few hunts.

On a sidenote: how does the map deal with animal walking? Is that still completely random or is that also predetermined.

never realised it for arkansas....I have to pay more atention next time I play it, so I walk straight to the treasures :P
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

Jerom wrote:

As far as I know animals wandering are out of our control as rms makers. I did not modify that (as its hard-coded) when giving the code to incog, so the hunts are going to wander the normal amount.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

lemmings121 wrote:
Jerom wrote:

never realised it for arkansas....I have to pay more atention next time I play it, so I walk straight to the treasures :P

The treasures dont spawn that consistently, but the hunts and mines do spwn very similairily.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

aaaron3000 wrote:
iNcog wrote:Just pronghorn. ^^

This is nitpicky but pronghorn are very specifically a North American desert animal and would seem weird in the African Jungle. I know there aren't any actual African animals in the game but maybe you could use Nilgai instead? It's at least closer to an African antelope. Elephants would be cool too but it sounds like you've already decided against it.

I'll look into Elephants I hadn't actually thought of that. I don't think there's a distinction between African and Indian elephants in the game. Makes sense.

Pronghorn are indeed an NA animal, but we're supposed to pretend they're antelope. Indeed, it's not optimal, but that's why they're used. Perhaps indeed I could use Nilgai. Thank you for this remark, I'd actually thought about this a bit.
Garja wrote:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

No elephants plx I hate them
France krichk
Musketeer
ESO: AAAzzz___

Post by krichk »

Jerom wrote:No elephants plx I hate them

They taste terrible indeed
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

dont get elephants incog otherwise ill kill you
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

"Habitat:

Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Côte d'Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea..."

"The south of Guinea contains important remnants of the Upper Guinean forest that used to cover the entire region of West Africa. The biodiversity under the lush forest canopy is stunning – elephants, chimpanzees and many more endangered species all rely on this unique habitat."

"FFI is also active at the Ziama Biosphere Reserve and the Ziama-Wenegesi corridor to protect the only viable population of forest elephants in Guinea."

Damn... they're even talking about viability!
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

There is a small 6 animal hunt just outside of both TCs (towards your opponent). I will replace those with two elephants. I think it's OK that way; they aren't your starting hunt or your secondary hunt so this should work out.

This should make the map feel a little more comfortable, since it's true that there are ONLY pronghorn. I wish I could put wildebeest. ):
Garja wrote:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I would be sad if you did that. Elephants are the cancer of this game.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

They aren't THAT bad.. are they?
Garja wrote:
United States of America cedarfarms
Dragoon
ESO: Cedar_farms_

Post by cedarfarms »

Did you take this picture a few minutes into the game after red started gathering? At first glance, it appears that red is down an entire hunt to blue.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

cedarfarms wrote:Did you take this picture a few minutes into the game after red started gathering? At first glance, it appears that red is down an entire hunt to blue.

One of the hunts is miscolored on the map for some reason, probably covered by villagers