Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
User avatar
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 04
Posts: 2650
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Location: [WPact]

31 Mar 2016, 14:57

OK, I'll focus on release now.

@Jerom nahh I've unpaused the game and smashed him to the ground. Cetan bows with 34 range behind walls are pretty good, especially against a halberdier-only composition lol.

@iNcog it does show the queue, though it is subtle :P my units train instantly due to the speedhack, but you can see War Dance (which is part of queue) is in the new position.
Image
momuuu wrote:theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
User avatar
France iNcog
Gendarme
Posts: 9238
ESO: status = SAVED!!1²
Location: LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION

31 Mar 2016, 15:11

ahhh nice then that's an awesome position

can't wait for the release, thank you so much for all this work
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!
User avatar
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
Posts: 13694
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

31 Mar 2016, 16:59

Release pls. Best UI ever, its prolly worth +5 pr

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
User avatar
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 04
Posts: 2650
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Location: [WPact]

03 Apr 2016, 17:40

@Jerom @iNcog

Release hype!! Not only you get new ESOC maps today, now you can try them with the new UI right away!
Wasn't sure where to upload, so I decided to make a little page for this on my site: http://eaglemut.com/scripts/aoe3ui/#Ekanta-Eaglemut_Simple_TAD_UI

The initial version does not include Jerom's last requests, but I will consider them. I'm not too sure about moving the shipment count since it's always been like that and I'd imagine people are used to it. What do you think about this, Incog?
As for removing the obsolete panels, I'll look into that but it might require artistic changes. I do know how to edit the art, problem is I'm an absolutely horrible artist, so that might not be easy for me to do :D It's also possible to completely rip those panels off the UI (leaving blank spaces), but I tried that and it looks worse than the current state in my opinion.
Image
momuuu wrote:theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
User avatar
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
Posts: 13694
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

03 Apr 2016, 17:46

Awesome, those are not necessary or important changes at all, its amazing as is. Going to try it out tonight #hype

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
User avatar
France iNcog
Gendarme
Posts: 9238
ESO: status = SAVED!!1²
Location: LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION

03 Apr 2016, 20:16

I've just installed it and tried it out a little. Love it!

Can't really think of any changes I'd make, not right now anyway. Everything is very well done, can't complain at all. Thanks a ton for the work you put into this.

After I play a few rounds with the game, I'm sure that I'll be able to give you some more feedback.
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!
User avatar
Switzerland Method_man714
Lancer
Posts: 517

03 Apr 2016, 22:24

Great job i love it
I chose this avatar so i cant see the haters
User avatar
India gh0st
Lancer
Posts: 703
ESO: gh0st007
Location: India

03 Apr 2016, 23:16

Thats amazing, Good job @EAGLEMUT , love it :)
User avatar
France iNcog
Gendarme
Posts: 9238
ESO: status = SAVED!!1²
Location: LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION

04 Apr 2016, 06:58

all we need now is for ESO to come back up
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!
No Flag hadeskerbecs
Crossbow
Posts: 34

05 Apr 2016, 13:09

How do u uninstall it?
User avatar
France iNcog
Gendarme
Posts: 9238
ESO: status = SAVED!!1²
Location: LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION

05 Apr 2016, 13:20

hadeskerbecs wrote:How do u uninstall it?

go here: http://eaglemut.com/scripts/aoe3ui/#Eka ... ple_TAD_UI

Unpack everything into your main Age of Empires III folder, where the game was installed. If you're unsure, some of the typical locations are:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III Complete
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Empires III\bin
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!
User avatar
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 04
Posts: 2650
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Location: [WPact]

06 Apr 2016, 08:59

iNcog wrote:
hadeskerbecs wrote:How do u uninstall it?

go here: http://eaglemut.com/scripts/aoe3ui/#Eka ... ple_TAD_UI

Unpack everything into your main Age of Empires III folder, where the game was installed. If you're unsure, some of the typical locations are:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III Complete
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Empires III\bin


He asked for un-install though.. I just tried to use Ekanta's installer/uninstaller, but unfortunately it doesn't remove everything because I've included the source xml's.
So if you didn't do a backup you'll have to uninstall manually from your main Age of Empires III folder:
1. Remove folder located in art/ui/ingame
2. Remove all files starting with "ui" from folder data

After deleting this stuff you should be back to the official UI. If I do another release I probably could make it work with Ekanta's installer/uninstaller to simplify the process.
Image
momuuu wrote:theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
User avatar
France iNcog
Gendarme
Posts: 9238
ESO: status = SAVED!!1²
Location: LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION

06 Apr 2016, 11:29

oh lol i'm a challenged person
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!
No Flag hadeskerbecs
Crossbow
Posts: 34

07 Apr 2016, 14:40

EAGLEMUT wrote:
iNcog wrote:
hadeskerbecs wrote:How do u uninstall it?

go here: http://eaglemut.com/scripts/aoe3ui/#Eka ... ple_TAD_UI

Unpack everything into your main Age of Empires III folder, where the game was installed. If you're unsure, some of the typical locations are:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III Complete
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Empires III\bin


He asked for un-install though.. I just tried to use Ekanta's installer/uninstaller, but unfortunately it doesn't remove everything because I've included the source xml's.
So if you didn't do a backup you'll have to uninstall manually from your main Age of Empires III folder:
1. Remove folder located in art/ui/ingame
2. Remove all files starting with "ui" from folder data

After deleting this stuff you should be back to the official UI. If I do another release I probably could make it work with Ekanta's installer/uninstaller to simplify the process.


Thx! i might keep your ui. But in my opninion the idle villager count (wich where originally below the resources) are not verry good visible where they are in your ui.
User avatar
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 04
Posts: 2650
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Location: [WPact]

09 Apr 2016, 23:21

@hadeskerbecs okay, if others feel the same way I can change that..

What does the rest of you think of this? Keep idles in Ekanta's position, or move them back down?
Image
momuuu wrote:theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
User avatar
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
Posts: 13694
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

10 Apr 2016, 01:01

I personally am too used to ekanta UI to judge. It's fine both positions I think.

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
User avatar
France iNcog
Gendarme
Posts: 9238
ESO: status = SAVED!!1²
Location: LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION

20 Apr 2016, 11:50

@EAGLEMUT

So I've finally gotten around to playing a few games of TAD and naturally I've been doing so with your UI.

Overall: I fucking love it. Best UI ever.

I'm fine with the position of the idle villager thing.

The pretty much only remark I have with the UI is that the production queue when a building is selected is to the left, whereas I'm used to it being to the right. So it takes some getting used to... but that's like the only possible remark. Once I'll get used to it, it'll be a non-issue.

Just awesome work, THANKS.
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!
User avatar
No Flag hunter
Dragoon
Posts: 456
Location: Rome, S.P.Q.R

20 Apr 2016, 17:10

where is the link for this UI?
Jerom wrote: Garja is a better player than most of us here

Jerom wrote:Please don't bump old threads, especially when all you have to say is "lol"
User avatar
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
Posts: 13694
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

20 Apr 2016, 22:23

hunter wrote:where is the link for this UI?

http://eaglemut.com/scripts/aoe3ui/#Eka ... ple_TAD_UI

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
User avatar
No Flag hunter
Dragoon
Posts: 456
Location: Rome, S.P.Q.R

21 Apr 2016, 00:51

thnx
Jerom wrote: Garja is a better player than most of us here

Jerom wrote:Please don't bump old threads, especially when all you have to say is "lol"
User avatar
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
Posts: 13694
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

22 Apr 2016, 00:33

Its so hard to adapt after using the ekanta UI for 6.5 years lol. But in the end I will get used to it, hopefully

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
User avatar
France iNcog
Gendarme
Posts: 9238
ESO: status = SAVED!!1²
Location: LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION

22 Apr 2016, 07:27

Just need to get used to production queue and then it's good. :P
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!
User avatar
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
Posts: 13694
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

22 Apr 2016, 09:44

Yeah but I actually managed to get used to a bottom production queue. The subconscious look-lines are probably not going to adapt for a while.

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
User avatar
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 04
Posts: 2650
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Location: [WPact]

17 May 2016, 01:21

Thanks a lot for all the nice comments guys! Glad I could help.

I'm just quickly jumping in to note that I plan on making a few more changes when I have the time.

Currently I plan to look into this stuff for next release:
- KotH timer apparently isn't shown anywhere in Ekanta UI
- remove obsolete panels
- make the UI uninstallable using Ekanta's uninstaller (or even make my own?!)

If anyone found further problems, now would be a good time to let me know. I'm open to any changes as long as people generally agree on them. I would even consider making multiple versions if someone needs an important change which is generally not agreed upon.
Image
momuuu wrote:theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
User avatar
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
Posts: 13694
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

17 May 2016, 01:48

I think the xp thing when you kill things might have disappeared due to this mod. Could you confirm this?

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy

Forum Info

Return to “User-created Content”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest