[Work-in-progress] Spectator UI 2.0

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
No Flag Hagi
Dragoon

Post by Hagi »

We are so spoiled...
Thanks Aizamk
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I like it even better than the previous version. I mostly like that resources, unit production and time are where I personally expect them to be. Its especially tough finding the game time in the previous version.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Another update: the "autocomplete" part of the console has been finished, but there still aren't any actual commands that it can use :P

Console will now be delayed in order to work on testing a different feature that I'm quite excited about. >':)

Also I've set myself a target of 25th October to get everything done ready for testing, at least for a base resolution of 1280x800.
oranges.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

New UI for the next tourney, gj :)
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

aizamk wrote:Another update: the "autocomplete" part of the console has been finished, but there still aren''t any actual commands that it can use :P

Console will now be delayed in order to work on testing a different feature that I''m quite excited about. >':)

Also I''ve set myself a target of 25th October to get everything done ready for testing, at least for a base resolution of 1280x800.
Don''t pull a mart please.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

It's a personal target, it isn't a release date :P
oranges.
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Post by purplesquid »

As long as it's done by the winter tourney that will be great!
No Flag Wuangaga
Lancer

Post by Wuangaga »

Leaving a comment to see the updates easier, love your work!
No Flag mongobillione
Dragoon
Donator 02

Post by mongobillione »

terkkson won snowww
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

[img]http://i.imgur.com/znwQ53F.jpg[/img]

Not REALLY an update, as this was kind of visible in the first screenshot in the very first post, but as you can see, this is how it looks like with a texture background instead of a solid fill for the bottom UI. Just had to alter a few things to get it to work properly in the new layout.

Something I should probably mention is that due to how this works, when the textures are loaded, in-game music will not play (other sounds work, however).

Still working on that other unspecified feature, though :P. Work has been done but it's not the sort that's visible until it's 100% completed.
oranges.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Dang ! Looks absolutely gorgeous.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

Not as glorious of a feature I was making it out to be, but here, finally, is a screenshot of it in action:

[img style="max-width:100%'" src="http://i.imgur.com//npCUwfI.jpg"]

Let's see if you can figure out what it does...
oranges.
No Flag Jocroy
Musketeer

Post by Jocroy »

I guess it is the unit info with icons of the active upgrades, just gorgeous.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

For the icons it is:
First six for economic/military items, then the second 2 are for upgrades ( unit upgrades or economic upgrades) and then the last 2 icons are where the last 2 shipments sent.

@Aizamk, am i close?
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

jocroy wrote:I guess it is the unit info with icons of the active upgrades, just gorgeous.
Correct.

Due to how it works, for an initial version I''ll be manually adding which techs need to be included, so it won''t account for all possible upgrades. However, it it is planned to at the very least account for all market upgrades for villager type units.
oranges.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

[attachment id="2088" thumbnail="1"]

This is correct?
@Aizamk
Attachments
UI20.jpg
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

thebritish wrote:
This is correct?
@aizamk
No.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

thebritish wrote:
This is correct?
@aizamk

Ehh that''s right but it''s not quite the "new" feature that I was presenting. Those were all visible in previous screenshots.
oranges.
No Flag mamapapaisop
Skirmisher

Post by mamapapaisop »

aizamk wrote:
thebritish wrote:This is correct?
@aizamk
Ehh thats right but its not quite the "new" feature that I was presenting. Those were all visible in previous screenshots.
Its new that you see the upgrades villagers got?
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

The villager upgrades feature is really cool. If you'd like it to work for all units & all possible upgrades, I might be able to write a script that would write the code for that for you.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

mamapapaisop wrote:
aizamk wrote:Ehh thats right but its not quite the "new" feature that I was presenting. Those were all visible in previous screenshots.
Its new that you see the upgrades villagers got?
Its new that you can see above the unit icon what unit upgrades that unit has. In the screenshot its placer mines and great coat.

Tonights brief update should have been out a few hours ago, but I got distracted by smackdown.

Anyway, its that gatherers per resource has now been re-implemented in a way that is faster and less intrusive than the previous method- something that you would have never known if I didnt state it. A disadvantage of this new method is that it runs into problems with Rice Paddies as they can be tasked to both food/gold, but Ive thought of a workaround and will implement that in due course.

Additionally, there is the option for raids to be represented as white blips on the minimap, though Im not really sure how useful this feature will be. A minor other update is that Ive added back the hitpoints bar to the UI that is present in the maximised UI.

A future plan is to add back speed (for units) and number of units garrisoned in a building/ship (if it is of a suitable type).

One other thing I should mention is that musketeer925 has been very helpful with automating a lot of the stuff I would have had to otherwise do manually (and waste days on), so he deserves a BIG thank you for all the work hes done thus far on this (and hopefully he will continue to help out in the future).
oranges.
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by musketeer925 »

Additionally, there is the option for raids to be represented as white blips on the minimap, though I'm not really sure how useful this feature will be. A minor other update is that I've added back the hitpoints bar to the UI that is present in the maximised UI.

Raids as minimap blips? That sounds awesome. Can't tell you how many casts I've seen where a raid was happening and they're looking at and talking about the 25 wood treasure the other player is getting.

Also, thanks for the S/O -- just let me know whenever you run into doing any kind of repetitive task, can write scripts for those.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

For today, we have a mostly visual update, as presented in the screenshot below:

[img style="max-width:100%'" src="http://i.imgur.com/Pa3T5pG.jpg"]

Here you can see most of the recently implemented features:

-Gatherers per resource (90% functional, still have to fix rice paddies being annoying)
-Hitpoint bars restored in the UI - not sure if I'll stick to minimized UI or edit the maximized one as that gives more unit info

-Perhaps the most important bit that you might notice is that there's now a green overlay for techs being researched that shows the % complete in a manner that is easier to recognize. This is an approximation and will only update every second rather than continuously.[span]

[Note: if anyone is wondering if I can do the same for units in queue and shipments, the answer is: no, I have not found a way to track percentage complete for either of these, or indeed, which shipment is in queue.]
[/span]
oranges.
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by musketeer925 »

It looks like what goes where in the sets of slots moved, why is that?
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

I've set it up such that any slot can track any kind of stat. To better display the new feature, I gave techs being researched a larger interval width of 5. Still not sure how I'll be arranging the presets for observers, but I'll figure that out once everything else is done.
oranges.