[MOD] Graphics Mod (AOE3)

Here you can post about your scenario's, mods, custom maps and YouTube channels!
No Flag draztik
Skirmisher
ESO: DrAzTiK

Re: [MOD] Graphics Mod (AOE3)

Post by draztik »

Is this mod dead ? it looks a very nice gem.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

draztik wrote:Is this mod dead ? it looks a very nice gem.
Yes, it's dead unfortunately.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Is there any download link still standing?
At least the flag fix would be a nice thing to have.
No Flag NewAoeIIIAi
Crossbow

Post by NewAoeIIIAi »

if you want a graphics mod for legacy, I recommend this one http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/s ... fileid=503

each unit upgrade has a specific texture change, so you can figure out falconets from field guns with a glance, or gendarmes from imperial gendarmes. uses a lot of hidden/unused textures in the game to make it happen with a few custom ones as well. its also pretty readable at a glance, and lets you discern native(aztec) army comps quickly. plus its multiplayer compatible.

one thing I'm disappointed about de is that there are no visual changes for guard to imperial, or for artillery in general. maybe one day it will be addressed.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

NewAoeIIIAi wrote:if you want a graphics mod for legacy, I recommend this one http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/s ... fileid=503

each unit upgrade has a specific texture change, so you can figure out falconets from field guns with a glance, or gendarmes from imperial gendarmes. uses a lot of hidden/unused textures in the game to make it happen with a few custom ones as well. its also pretty readable at a glance, and lets you discern native(aztec) army comps quickly. plus its multiplayer compatible.

one thing I'm disappointed about de is that there are no visual changes for guard to imperial, or for artillery in general. maybe one day it will be addressed.
I will check it out, thanks!
@NewAoeIIIAi Is it compatible for the complete collection? It isn't working :/
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer
ESO: vividlyplain

Post by vividlyplain »

Jotunir wrote:
NewAoeIIIAi wrote:if you want a graphics mod for legacy, I recommend this one http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/s ... fileid=503

It’s from 2006 so I doubt it.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

vividlyplain wrote:
Jotunir wrote:

It’s from 2006 so I doubt it.
It works now. I will update after further testing.

Post Scriptum: It works but it does not change ships or artillery.
Still, it is a great mod, I love the new imperial doppelsoldner texture :smile:
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

all of that guys working in DE we had a good game..
RIP
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

look wrote:all of that guys working in DE we had a good game..
RIP
It is a pitty, but we cannot do anything about it now. I am just trying to have the best posible game experience with legacy AOE3.
This graphic mod, EP and the AI mod are the solution.
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
ESO: SsJetstream
Clan: FPL

Post by Jets »

Can you post any pictures if you can @Jotunir ? It would help to encourage ppl to come back to Legacy for a moment.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Jets wrote:Can you post any pictures if you can @Jotunir ? It would help to encourage ppl to come back to Legacy for a moment.
I tried "Unit Upgrades Modpack v1.0", just to be clear. It's a good mod, unfinished unfortunately but it gives a pretty good glimpse at what could have been if people actually cared for the game insted of this abomination called "Definitive Edition".
I don't think posting pictures now will help bring more people back to Legacy, but perhaps merging EP with this mod (after finishing it of course) will. We would have to ask for permission to use and modify the modpack but I think it can be done.
Then we would have something much better to show and to lure people back to the game.
I would do it myself but I am not good enough at modding :cry:

@Omkar_Satapathy , Is it possible to release a version of the graphics mod only with the accurate flags, ottoman sails and the native embassy fix? I know that all that is finished and it would fix a lot of things from legacy AOE 3.
(I like your mod, specially the Winged Hussars model, but I could not try it because there is no download link available that I know of)