:blush: :blush: :blush: tfw you are the biggest better on a match
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Re: Autumn 2017 Betting discussion thread

Post by musketeer925 »

@Goodspeed pls gift 250 pts to @zoom

Posting this just prior to jerimuno vs kokiloki game. :)
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

hey @Goodspeed i would like to donate 500 pts to @zoom.
Although might regret that later. :mrgreen:
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Probably will.
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

@Goodspeed: distribute my points to whom you want. Keep up the good work.
#trainableSpahi
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Sorry @aqwer I talked to richard and it was clear he was not trying his best to win the series. Case in point: he didn't pick his best (arguably his only) civ. In a competitive event, one should be able to assume that the players will try their best to win, especially when betting is involved. When there is reasonable doubt about a player's effort to win a series, bets are cancelled. This has happened before and will happen again. I am sad though because your win would've been record-breaking.
Your strategy is still likely to pay off in future series. It would be a shame if you gave up over this.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Mom!! Garja!! Goodspeed ruined betting again!
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

aqwer wrote:@Goodspeed: distribute my points to whom you want. Keep up the good work.
If you watch the games, it is likely you'll understand.
United States of America Hidddy_
Retired Contributor
ESO: Hidalgito

Post by Hidddy_ »

Goodspeed please don't use the best civ thing as an excuse. Who would 500 food all in vs ports on indonesia? or against cm dutch going age 3? Plus Rich knows I'll just mm his 3 forward bh vils again like i've done before, causing him to instant resign. He was definitely trying, since we've played before in the past. Also his mismacro doesn't mean he threw on purpose, maybe he's not used to playing the heaviest coin civ in the game because he plays the heaviest food civ in the game. Also maybe he mismacroed bc we were fighting in midmap from the second we hit fortress.

PS: dont mean to flame, but i thought out my map and civ choices a lot in preparation for the series cause i know rich 100% russia's so i didnt even want to give him the chance to russia against me
De Funk
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by musketeer925 »

As someone who lost quite a few points on the match, I really don't think it should have been cancelled, unless there is additional information I don't know (i.e., richard admitting to throwing the match).

I can totally see that someone adequately preparing could have made a big upset in this situation -- it's pretty easy to prepare very well against a player who plays one strategy with one civ, and I can see richard knowing that and preparing a few other civs for the games -- and then losing out because he really wasn't able to adapt that well. The food mismacro is totally believable as @Hidddy_ explained.

I think a better solution to the problem here would be re-seeding a small amount of points to people who have run out due to mis-calling the match (because it's no fun if there are only a few of us left).
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

7000f unspent at such a casual point in the game for a pr28 player is not believable one bit. Nor is adding 50 Skirmishers to your pure-Skirmisher army only to then add Falconets. I may be an idiot, but I am not that naive. Game one is the exact same deal; pure 50 Pikeman army deleted to minutemen along with two Falconets, while stacking 5000 food. Furthermore, there is no doubt in my mind that he would have used Russians in either game if he were intent on winning. Do you realize whom we are talking about, here??
Retired Contributor

Post by Hidddy_ »

Well people will have to think twice now when placing their bets for my games against mitoe :maniac: :maniac:
De Funk
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I'm not sure about the context and I didn't watch the series, but that guy plays full russia, and in these early rounds it's bo3 so he could go russia twice and win 2-1 at least, so he probably wasn't trying to win yeah
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Retired Contributor

Post by Hidddy_ »

zoom wrote:7000f unspent at such a casual point in the game for a pr28 player is not believable one bit. Nor is adding 50 Skirmishers to your pure-Skirmisher army only to then add Falconets. I may be an idiot, but I am not that naive. Game one is the exact same deal; pure 50 Pikeman army deleted to minutemen along with two Falconets, while stacking 5000 food. Furthermore, there is no doubt in my mind that he would have used Russians in either game if he were intent on winning. Do you realize whom we are talking about, here??

He only plays Russia so saying pr28 is a stretch here as he didnt play Russia. If he just Russia 500f all in me like he always does then it wouldve been over sooner. How could his Russia play have worked vs two tc cm? or vs 4 bank cm into fortress age?
De Funk
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

tfw not playing Russia raises more suspicion than right-clicking TC against popped CM losing everything while opponent has a second TC anyway
Pay more attention to detail.
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

@Hidddy_ @musketeer925

Goodspeed wrote: I talked to richard and it was clear he was not trying his best to win the series.

guys i think this should be enough of a reason to cancel this. what that basically mean is throwing.

@Hidddy_ no one's questioning your skill, you played well man. :flowers:
Retired Contributor

Post by Hidddy_ »

gh0st wrote:@Hidddy_ @musketeer925

Goodspeed wrote: I talked to richard and it was clear he was not trying his best to win the series.

guys i think this should be enough of a reason to cancel this. what that basically mean is throwing.

I'm not saying people are questioning my skill...I'm saying people don't know about me and rich cause we've played before in the past. I've beat him by the 4 minute mark when he was russia...why would he russia/rush against me? Especially since Indonesia starts with extra gold i could've used for mm to kill his forward vils(everyone knows he forward bhs every game). But w.e. doesn't mean much to me since i dont participate in betting, it feels worse thinking rich would just throw against me cause we have had plenty of games before and he never did something disrespectful like that
De Funk
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by musketeer925 »

gh0st wrote:@Hidddy_ @musketeer925

Oh I totally missed that part of the post. ty
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

lets just say he was doing his best to lose the 2nd game and yet he was ahead for almost the whole game
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Hidddy_ wrote:
zoom wrote:7000f unspent at such a casual point in the game for a pr28 player is not believable one bit. Nor is adding 50 Skirmishers to your pure-Skirmisher army only to then add Falconets. I may be an idiot, but I am not that naive. Game one is the exact same deal; pure 50 Pikeman army deleted to minutemen along with two Falconets, while stacking 5000 food. Furthermore, there is no doubt in my mind that he would have used Russians in either game if he were intent on winning. Do you realize whom we are talking about, here??

He only plays Russia so saying pr28 is a stretch here as he didnt play Russia. If he just Russia 500f all in me like he always does then it wouldve been over sooner. How could his Russia play have worked vs two tc cm? or vs 4 bank cm into fortress age?
That's exactly my fucking point; he didn't play Russians, despite being far better with the civilization. Russians would have been a good pick against Dutch on Crescent, for your information.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

tedere12 wrote:lets just say he was doing his best to lose the 2nd game and yet he was ahead for almost the whole game
Precisely. That's how much better he is.
Retired Contributor

Post by Hidddy_ »

zoom wrote:
Hidddy_ wrote:

That's exactly my fucking point; he didn't play Russians, despite being far better with the civilization. Russians would have been a good pick against Dutch on Crescent, for your information.

You'd know why he didn't play russians if you read my earlier posts. I picked dutch on crescent cause if he mirrors it he has a chance to win, if he didn't mirror and went for russians he'd have a hard time against cm and my banks. Ok last post for real this time, plus you seem salty so no sense in continuing the discussion.
De Funk
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

its a shame that u pace someones win down by saying his opponent didnt give his best lol..thats very motivating! not!! how lame is that. so when real madrid loses vs a worse team they didnt give their best and bettings from everyone get reverted.. how big of a joke is that. if u put a game on ur betting list u gotta pay out everyone. i can fully understand @aqwer .
such a shame really..
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP