Wildcards Clarification

Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Wildcards Clarification

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Hey everyone,

In the group stages of this tournament, we experienced an unusually high number of players who signed up but did not play a single game. This led to several groups with 0 games played, which is a problem since each group needs to have two players advancing. We could have just advanced two random players, but this would've resulted in even more unplayed games in the RO96. Instead, we chose to move players in the 3rd place from other groups to these empty spots. These wildcards were selected based on scheduling activity, positive attitude, and games played. The 7 wildcards are as follows and can immediately start scheduling their RO96 games.

@chrisie
@alienflorina
@Allgren
@GeneralBender
@hleung
@Asateo
@Pikilic

We also had to disqualify one player, due to which the player in 3rd place advanced in that group. We hope this post has clarified any of your concerns in our methods of seeding. If you still have any questions, feel free to ask.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Re: Wildcards Clarification

Post by zoom »

That is not the meaning of wildcard. It's more akin to the concept of "lucky loser".

Who was disqualified?
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

You can figure it out looking at the spots the wildcards are in. Basically groups that didn’t schedule.
mad cuz bad
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

What? It explicitly says "we had to disqualify one player". I am asking a very simple question; its name.

Thank you.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

It is a shame that so many people scheduled so poorly or not at all
I think you guys found the optimal solution in this situation
Germany Allgren
Crossbow
ESO: Allgren

Post by Allgren »

I appreciate the wildcard though a regular progress with everyone
playing their games surely would have been nicer. Thx again, love how you
guys are taking so much time to make a good tournament, can't wait
for the next one :)
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

aligator92 wrote:It is a shame that so many people scheduled so poorly or not at all
I think you guys found the optimal solution in this situation
I think they found the ESOC solution to this situation.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Allgren wrote:I appreciate the wildcard though a regular progress with everyone
What you'd do is take the highest ranked 3rd place finishers and allot the lucky-loser spots to them, in order.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

I believe that was a great decision :flowers:
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

ye @zoom stop bitchin'
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

zoom wrote:What? It explicitly says "we had to disqualify one player". I am asking a very simple question; its name.

Thank you.

King Wayne

viewtopic.php?f=402&t=12558&start=25
mad cuz bad
Brazil t3rror1sta
Dragoon
ESO: Knight_br

Post by t3rror1sta »

im from group 18
but people from my group didnt appear, or always want more time to practice when i saw they online.
so its my fault?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

zoom wrote:
Allgren wrote:I appreciate the wildcard though a regular progress with everyone
What you'd do is take the highest ranked 3rd place finishers and allot the lucky-loser spots to them, in order.

I believe that's what happened in all groups which had someone who could qualify as a highest ranked 3rd place finisher.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Germany Akechi_Mitsuhide
Dragoon
ESO: Akechi_Mitsuhide

Post by Akechi_Mitsuhide »

I think your approach to give wildcards to the players that participated rather than just promote random players is good in general.
But if one tried to schedule but it didn't work out, it's sort of frustrating. In my case I twice posted times when I could have played but none of my group members answered to that with a specific time of their own.
However this doesn't mean that I could not have scheduled for my RO96 match, if I had been promoted.
Brazil t3rror1sta
Dragoon

Post by t3rror1sta »

Akechi_Mitsuhide wrote:I think your approach to give wildcards to the players that participated rather than just promote random players is good in general.
But if one tried to schedule but it didn't work out, it's sort of frustrating. In my case I twice posted times when I could have played but none of my group members answered to that with a specific time of their own.
However this doesn't mean that I could not have scheduled for my RO96 match, if I had been promoted.

I share this same felling.

i was on line during almost every day u and zosgan said. Not sure, but the time i've seen u on eso, u said u needed more time to train.
Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Post by Interjection »

ESOCaria
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

t3rror1sta wrote:im from group 18
but people from my group didnt appear, or always want more time to practice when i saw they online.
so its my fault?

It's not perse your fault, but your scheduling was terrible all throughout the group. Being online all the time isn't a valid reason not to schedule. Try listing GMT times and finding a time when you are both available to play. Saying "play now?" is not scheduling, and therefore you weren't advanced.

See for yourself: viewtopic.php?f=402&t=12572
Brazil t3rror1sta
Dragoon

Post by t3rror1sta »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
t3rror1sta wrote:im from group 18
so its my fault?

It's not perse your fault, but your scheduling was terrible all throughout the group. Being online all the time isn't a valid reason not to schedule. Try listing GMT times and finding a time when you are both available to play. Saying "play now?" is not scheduling, and therefore you weren't advanced.

See for yourself: viewtopic.php?f=402&t=12572

Now I know
Just didnt give the attention that the rules deserved.
First tournament.
Ty
Germany Akechi_Mitsuhide
Dragoon

t3rror1sta wrote:
Akechi_Mitsuhide wrote:I think your approach to give wildcards to the players that participated rather than just promote random players is good in general.

i was on line during almost every day u and zosgan said. Not sure, but the time i've seen u on eso, u said u needed more time to train.

In the end it would have been better to play at that point. But the time you asked me I felt like I still needed practice and there were still some days before the deadline. So I decided to try to schedule for later on.

I feel a bit sorry for you however, as you would have probably won according to your higher rating compared to mine.
Brazil t3rror1sta
Dragoon

Post by t3rror1sta »

Akechi_Mitsuhide wrote:
t3rror1sta wrote:

In the end it would have been better to play at that point. But the time you asked me I felt like I still needed practice and there were still some days before the deadline. So I decided to try to schedule for later on.

I feel a bit sorry for you however, as you would have probably won according to your higher rating compared to mine.

We still can play some matches ..just for fun.
Germany Akechi_Mitsuhide
Dragoon

t3rror1sta wrote:
Akechi_Mitsuhide wrote:
Show hidden quotes

We still can play some matches ..just for fun.

That would be cool! ;)
Chile nn1850
Skirmisher
ESO: NN_1850

Post by nn1850 »

well... i understand this decition...
all have problems, work, etc... i put my schedule and nobody from my group appeared for play... is a shame :(
Youtube channel: :arrow: https://www.youtube.com/c/NN1850_age3
AOE 3 in spanish - AOE 3 en español