kaiserklein vs. conquerer999

No Flag cblack
Musketeer

Re: kaiserklein vs. conquerer999

Post by cblack »

Hidddy_ wrote:@cblack pretty much what gibson said. also why criticize someone like that? he's providing a service to the community that would otherwise be missed and it is apparent he just started so your comments are unnecessary. with the right support and encouragement he'll surely be more comfortable while casting, so let's try to be positive. a truly great person doesn't criticize others, they help others shine and become great as well.

There's nothing wrong with being a newer caster, but if you watch the game you'll see how bias and frankly annoying it gets with his constant jabs and discredits for one of the players efforts in the match. Every single point that lolokeie made was countered by radix, claiming the exact opposite of the truth and what loloekie saw. It's completely understandable and fine to make mistakes with casting, it's a service provided to a community free of charge, but don't cast in a way that is so bias that its unappealing to watch.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Yup that game was obnoxious, because of his bias.
Loloekie is a great caster though
r]
No Flag cblack
Musketeer

Post by cblack »

Gichtenlord wrote:Yup that game was obnoxious, because of his bias.
Loloekie is a great caster though

yes he is!
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor
ESO: hleung / cll (DE)

Post by hleung »

cbrown1170 wrote:@hleung Can you explain why my comment of "aids" with absolutely no context gets flagged, but members can call me a "dumb bitch" with no consequence?

Your post was reported by other ESOC members as it used rather strong (and inappropriate) languages, and what I saw in your post justified the report, and your behaviour in this thread does have detrimental effects on the community as you have been showing a lack of respect to other members at the same time (calling aids, saying someone is a horrible caster without any constructive criticism, etc.).

According to the staff record, it was not the first time you misbehaved in such a way, and some other community team members also spoke to you on this matter a while ago, hence the official warning I issued earlier today - a clear statement that enough is enough.

I hope my statement clarifies a number of things. If you come across a post you think that uses similar languages, please do submit a report ticket to us and the community team will take a look at it.
No Flag cblack
Musketeer

Post by cblack »

hleung wrote:
cbrown1170 wrote:@hleung Can you explain why my comment of "aids" with absolutely no context gets flagged, but members can call me a "dumb bitch" with no consequence?

Your post was reported by other ESOC members as it used rather strong (and inappropriate) languages, and what I saw in your post justified the report, and your behaviour in this thread does have detrimental effects on the community as you have been showing a lack of respect to other members at the same time (calling aids, saying someone is a horrible caster without any constructive criticism, etc.).

According to the staff record, it was not the first time you misbehaved in such a way, and some other community team members also spoke to you on this matter a while ago, hence the official warning I issued earlier today - a clear statement that enough is enough.

I hope my statement clarifies a number of things. If you come across a post you think that uses similar languages, please do submit a report ticket to us and the community team will take a look at it.

Ok, I have reported Gibson for calling me a "dumb bitch", as I find this offensive. Also, I offered constructive criticism later in this thread. I like how you say "calling aids", this statement having absolutely no subject because there wasn't one. :smile:
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

cbrown1170 wrote:Ok, I have reported Gibson for calling me a "dumb bitch", as I find this offensive. Also, I offered constructive criticism later in this thread. I like how you say "calling aids", this statement having absolutely no subject because there wasn't one. :smile:

gibson was just giving an example - not that you are. Probably not the best example with the choice of words and subject there, but it was still a hypothetical example, and so it should not be taken as if it is a true statement. I hope that further clarifies the matter; if not, SCC should be the place to bring forward any moderation issues to the community team. :flowers:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

@cblack I watched this game. Obviously, radix was really biased towards me, and he was trying to always argue about why everything I did was wonderful (most obvious example was my blockhouse placement, which is something literally any pr 20 would have been able to do), trying to find excuses when I made mistakes, and systematically downgrading dicktator's gameplay because he's a treaty player.

Ok, let's face it, that was not good. However, I would like to point out that this was, iirc, radix's second cast. Plus, radix is not a 1v1 player I think, and he is not close to the level dicktator and me have. So, how would we expect someone who has basically no casting experience, not much 1v1 experience, and is probably 10 pr lower than the players he's casting, to do a super good job? Plus, he probably didn't really know dicktator (who was btw not on his best known account), and assumed he was just not very good. So I think he just decided to root for the favourite of the series (me) and consider his decisions were correct, because he wasn't fully able to judge by himself.

So is it useful to bash him for this? I think we should just be happy that he learnt a lot and became a much better caster. You should check more recents videos.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

hleung wrote:gibson was just giving an example - not that you are. Probably not the best example with the choice of words and subject there, but it was still a hypothetical example, and so it should not be taken as if it is a true statement.

To be fair, gibson said:
For example, you're a dumb bitch. My statement, however true, (...)

So he did call him a dumb bitch in fact.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag dave_12
Skirmisher

Post by dave_12 »

hleung wrote:

He didn't just give an example (like Kaiser said above). Read his comment again pls. In my opinion gibson's comment is more offensive than the other dude's one. Gibson should be warned too if you warn someone for saying ''aids''.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

hleung wrote:

he shouldn't be warned for saying aids lol thats a bad moderating job.
No Flag cblack
Musketeer

Post by cblack »

Kaiserklein wrote:@cblack I watched this game. Obviously, radix was really biased towards me, and he was trying to always argue about why everything I did was wonderful (most obvious example was my blockhouse placement, which is something literally any pr 20 would have been able to do), trying to find excuses when I made mistakes, and systematically downgrading dicktator's gameplay because he's a treaty player.

Ok, let's face it, that was not good. However, I would like to point out that this was, iirc, radix's second cast. Plus, radix is not a 1v1 player I think, and he is not close to the level dicktator and me have. So, how would we expect someone who has basically no casting experience, not much 1v1 experience, and is probably 10 pr lower than the players he's casting, to do a super good job? Plus, he probably didn't really know dicktator (who was btw not on his best known account), and assumed he was just not very good. So I think he just decided to root for the favourite of the series (me) and consider his decisions were correct, because he wasn't fully able to judge by himself.

So is it useful to bash him for this? I think we should just be happy that he learnt a lot and became a much better caster. You should check more recents videos.

I would have definitely rephrased my initial comment if I had the chance. Sometimes I become a troll on the internet and don't realize what may or not be offensive. But my point still stands, I just really thought the bias in the casting created a really weird dynamic between the two casters, almost sounding like an argument at times. There's ways to cast when you don't have much game knowledge. For instance, in American sports, there is generally a play-by-play commentator and then a "color" person who really dives into the logistics of decision making and actions. Loloekie was clearly fit to perform the color job, as he's a great player and commentator himself. If I was casting and didn't know much about the game, I would try to cast more based off facts and information in front of me as opposed to my own opinions or the way I saw things. I don't think it's helpful to "bash" per say, and as I said, I would rephrase my original comment if I could. But I do think the commentating from him was pretty painful to listen to, and it seems like others have agreed so far.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Yes I definitely called him a dumb bitch, I even reported my post but nothing was done about it!
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

Kaiserklein wrote:To be fair, gibson said:
For example, you're a dumb bitch. My statement, however true, (...)

So he did call him a dumb bitch in fact.

dave_12 wrote:He didn't just give an example (like Kaiser said above). Read his comment again pls. In my opinion gibson's comment is more offensive than the other dude's one. Gibson should be warned too if you warn someone for saying ''aids''.

It depends on how you interpret the phrase "however true", as it can go either way. I looked at the positive side and it was completely fine as it could be treated as a hypothetical example, and that was how it slipped away from my radar, but thank you for pointing that out to me.

tedere12 wrote:he shouldn't be warned for saying aids lol thats a bad moderating job.

The warning was a rather unfortunate one. If the choice of word and the direction taken were better, it would not have been necessary. However I must stress that it was a combination of that post and previous informal warnings regarding earlier posts that led to the official warning. Again, I shall call it unfortunate but somewhat necessary.

gibson wrote:Yes I definitely called him a dumb bitch, I even reported my post but nothing was done about it!

Since you have admitted it yourself, and left me without any doubts or choices, a warning is in order then.

Anyway, since nothing constructive has been added to the thread, I am locking the thread now. If you have further issues with the moderation of this thread, please bring it forward to the SCC.