United States of America DayoftheNinja
Skirmisher

21 Feb 2018, 20:25

You can get detailed information on what's included in WoL on our site, but I thought I might write up some quick descriptions just to help streamline some choices when it comes to picking civs and maps. Please keep in mind that despite developing this mod, I don't actually play it and some information may be outdated. Apologies for that.

Maps
The WoL team generally tries to focus on maps with unique events or looks, and locations not covered by the base game. Below are the maps included in the Cheese Hunt map pool.
Expand

Cultures
Most of the original civilizations have varying degrees of changes, but their overall gameplay is unchanged. Below is a list of WoL civilizations by culture, a grouping of civilizations with shared units, buildings, techs, age-ups, and other features.
Europeans
Expand

American Natives
Expand

Latin Americans
Similar in gameplay to Europeans, Latin Americans have the Post Office, which allows them to ally with an immigrant nation.
Expand

Anglos
Anglo civs can choose a party each age, giving them access to varied bonuses, units, techs, and cards.
Expand

Africans
The Africans have the most varied and unique gameplay of any culture, and age up by researching techs in their Library.
Expand

Balkans
Balkans are similar in style to Europeans, but have a handful of unique buildings, many of which they Age-up from instead of the Town Center.
Expand
United States of America DayoftheNinja
Skirmisher

25 Feb 2018, 15:51

Post is updated, let me know if you have any comments or questions!
Netherlands Bachscharfschütze
Skirmisher
ESO: michel103

25 Feb 2018, 16:36

''brits c'est vraiment une civ de fdp''
- Kaiserklein, 2018
Canada Mitoe
ESOC Media Team
EWTDonator 03
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger Id: 346407

09 Mar 2018, 06:40

Would anyone be so kind as to give me a list of the names of all different types of villagers for each civ in the proto file? For a lot of civs it seems really difficult to figure out exactly how good certain builds are without knowledge of the base gather rates for each of this villagers, and they don't seem to be very easy to look up in the proto file.

Edit: Also, is there anyway to see how much faith you have when playing as a civ that also has export? e.g. China
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

09 Mar 2018, 07:44

Mitoe wrote:Would anyone be so kind as to give me a list of the names of all different types of villagers for each civ in the proto file? For a lot of civs it seems really difficult to figure out exactly how good certain builds are without knowledge of the base gather rates for each of this villagers, and they don't seem to be very easy to look up in the proto file.

Edit: Also, is there anyway to see how much faith you have when playing as a civ that also has export? e.g. China

pm me in discord, I got something even better than that :)
Tuvalu gibson
Gendarme

09 Mar 2018, 07:51

That sounds like the kind of thing a pedo says to a child. "I've got something even better than that :)"
Canada Mitoe
ESOC Media Team
EWTDonator 03
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger Id: 346407

09 Mar 2018, 07:53

Wasn't that helpful, question still stands :P
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

09 Mar 2018, 07:55

gibson wrote:That sounds like the kind of thing a pedo says to a child. "I've got something even better than that :)"

Lel ^^,
It wasn't what Mitoe was quite after unfortunately but if anyone is interested you can pm me, its pretty cool. It's basically and ESOC Assistant which shows you the effects of every nat eco upgrade, what they do/civ gather rates/e.c.t basically everything.
France P i k i l i c
Lancer
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger Id: 7497456

09 Mar 2018, 11:43

@sirmusket Mitoe's request is about WoL civs so XaKOps' Economic calculator won't help
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic

Forum Info

Return to “Information & Discussion”