Austria UoPoko
Crossbow
Posts: 20
Game: AoE Online

01 Feb 2018, 18:58

All closed???? WHY??? I only used match 3 as it was the only one taking place today, odds in the other ones are a lot better.

Please open match 1, 2 and 4 again for another day, they wont take place till Saturday GMT.

We have the schedule here, so I guess I am not the only one who used the times listed there as a reference:

viewtopic.php?f=432&t=13492
No Flag Peshmerga12
Musketeer
Posts: 74

01 Feb 2018, 19:12

@Goodspeed @andypierce Plz open rest of the matches, i know GS your not responsible but could you plz help?
User avatar
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor
Posts: 6106

01 Feb 2018, 19:33

I'm only there for tech support, on vacation right now
Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
XeeleeFlower wrote:I don't mind open endings as long as the story continues at some point
User avatar
United States of America giveuanxiety
AoE:O Team
Donator 02
Posts: 1080
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

01 Feb 2018, 22:04

dont try placing your bets last minute in the future.
Follow my stream @ twitch.tv/giveuanxiety
No Flag Peshmerga12
Musketeer
Posts: 74

02 Feb 2018, 07:59

@andypierce Plz open the other matches
No Flag Peshmerga12
Musketeer
Posts: 74

02 Feb 2018, 21:39

@giveuanxiety plz get the bettingstaff more organized since there are many betting matches comming up. I would be good if someone else could help @andypierce if he dont have time to do it by himself
User avatar
United States of America giveuanxiety
AoE:O Team
Donator 02
Posts: 1080
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

02 Feb 2018, 22:15

they are organized you just failed you place bets before they closed for the week.
Follow my stream @ twitch.tv/giveuanxiety
No Flag Peshmerga12
Musketeer
Posts: 74

03 Feb 2018, 09:56

giveuanxiety wrote:they are organized you just failed you place bets before they closed for the week.

No. They should work as @Goodspeed doing it, close match one by one and give the payout as fast as possible so that we can bet on other matches in the same round. Idk why you guys closed every match when only soldier and scorp was playing thier match. It is inpossible to get a good payout this stage in the tournament when the odds are pretty low + that you only can bet with the starting points for the round (in only one match). Hope you guys consider this :)))
Austria UoPoko
Crossbow
Posts: 20
Game: AoE Online

05 Feb 2018, 15:57

Is the whole thing canceled?

No payout of the previous matchups, quarter-final TheMista vs. cG_StriKeR taking place in 3 hours, no new matches to place bets on ...
No Flag andypierce
Crossbow
Posts: 27
Game: AoE Online

05 Feb 2018, 17:36

I just processed last round. Round 3 is now open.

I got a lot of complaints and saw lots of issues running around in round 1 trying to close bets late, being asked to reopen bets later, not knowing that matches were going to be played and having to investigate anyone who bet afterwards. It's a giant headache. So I closed everything at once. Facing criticism that the game was more designed to reward lots of betting rather than good betting.

Meanwhile I have no clue how you guys normally have played because I've never played before.

Anyway, they are open now. Go make your bets!
No Flag Peshmerga12
Musketeer
Posts: 74

05 Feb 2018, 18:38

andypierce wrote:I just processed last round. Round 3 is now open.

I got a lot of complaints and saw lots of issues running around in round 1 trying to close bets late, being asked to reopen bets later, not knowing that matches were going to be played and having to investigate anyone who bet afterwards. It's a giant headache. So I closed everything at once. Facing criticism that the game was more designed to reward lots of betting rather than good betting.

Meanwhile I have no clue how you guys normally have played because I've never played before.

Anyway, they are open now. Go make your bets!



@andypierce will you close a match one by one or all at the same time?
Austria UoPoko
Crossbow
Posts: 20
Game: AoE Online

05 Feb 2018, 18:42

Andy,

the confusion (from my side at least) came up because you said in the info & rules posting the following:

Note that if a match is played early in the round and there is still some time, I may select another match in that same round to bet on so keep an eye out for that.

The system rewards participation, as there is a bit of inflation each match which only benefits people who participate (and win).


So I thought with the game from iamsoldier played on thursday, you will just do the thing mentioned above. The system rewards participation. I was wrong.

A suggestion from my side how it would be easier to follow (inspired from the fantasy football I played):
    - Make the payout fixed on Monday
    - 5 matches per round, no additional ones if one is played early
    - Close them at a fixed time, 6pm GMT on Thursday for example
    - If a game is played earlier, of course close it earlier. WE have to follow if the game is played early if we want to bet in it

That way everything would be clear and no discussion. I was just confused as you were totaly silent here.

Best P.
No Flag Peshmerga12
Musketeer
Posts: 74

05 Feb 2018, 18:53

UoPoko wrote:Andy,

the confusion (from my side at least) came up because you said in the info & rules posting the following:

Note that if a match is played early in the round and there is still some time, I may select another match in that same round to bet on so keep an eye out for that.

The system rewards participation, as there is a bit of inflation each match which only benefits people who participate (and win).


So I thought with the game from iamsoldier played on thursday, you will just do the thing mentioned above. The system rewards participation. I was wrong.

A suggestion from my side how it would be easier to follow (inspired from the fantasy football I played):
    - Make the payout fixed on Monday
    - 5 matches per round, no additional ones if one is played early
    - Close them at a fixed time, 6pm GMT on Thursday for example
    - If a game is played earlier, of course close it earlier. WE have to follow if the game is played early if we want to bet in it

That way everything would be clear and no discussion. I was just confused as you were totaly silent here.

Best P.


Sry i disagree. Andy should close one match one by one if he is able too do so. Otherwise your right (close at a fixed time)
Austria UoPoko
Crossbow
Posts: 20
Game: AoE Online

05 Feb 2018, 19:12

Peshmerga12 wrote:Sry i disagree. Andy should close one match one by one if he is able too do so. Otherwise your right (close at a fixed time)

Andy is doing this in his free time. I do not expect someone doing it pro bono to dedicate 24/7 for it. So the option i suggested should be a good compromise.
No Flag Peshmerga12
Musketeer
Posts: 74

05 Feb 2018, 19:40

UoPoko wrote:
Peshmerga12 wrote:Sry i disagree. Andy should close one match one by one if he is able too do so. Otherwise your right (close at a fixed time)

Andy is doing this in his free time. I do not expect someone doing it pro bono to dedicate 24/7 for it. So the option i suggested should be a good compromise.


Sounds good then
Israel Adne
Musketeer
Posts: 79
Location: Republiek der Zeven Verenigde Nederlanden
Game: AoE Online

09 Feb 2018, 14:54

When will the bets be closed?
No Flag Peshmerga12
Musketeer
Posts: 74

09 Feb 2018, 17:42

@andypierce Plz check the bets, everyone changed thier bets after the match with GUA to 3-0 carranage to get maximum payout, @Goodspeed you know how to fix this things and might help andy to fix when changes are made after the match. (unfortunately i also changed, but that was because i though the match wasen't played yet). So plz andy restore the changes before 15GMT and give the right payouts :)). (Next time be in time for closing the bets)
No Flag Peshmerga12
Musketeer
Posts: 74

09 Feb 2018, 20:05

@giveuanxiety plz make sure :))
No Flag andypierce
Crossbow
Posts: 27
Game: AoE Online

10 Feb 2018, 19:56

People cheating creates more work for me, risks me missing things and polluting the results, and is the reason I closed bets early last round. Fucking cheaters. I don't have much room in my stomach for wending through this shit. Can I just kick them out?
No Flag Peshmerga12
Musketeer
Posts: 74

10 Feb 2018, 20:00

andypierce wrote:People cheating creates more work for me, risks me missing things and polluting the results, and is the reason I closed bets early last round. Fucking cheaters. I don't have much room in my stomach for wending through this shit. Can I just kick them out?


Sry but i will get to difficult to see who cheats and not. Clic on file and look up the history and check when the bets was changed. (Before 15GMT) i know ppl changed it cuz i had atleast 10x odds now it is below 2x. @Goodspeed or someone of the admin could help you :)))
No Flag andypierce
Crossbow
Posts: 27
Game: AoE Online

10 Feb 2018, 20:02

If you were cheating, please respond here in this thread. I don't have the inclination to track you fuckers down on my own. Fess up so I can undo that shit and let everyone else decide what to do with you. Then I will process the bets. Does that work?
No Flag Peshmerga12
Musketeer
Posts: 74

10 Feb 2018, 20:02

andypierce wrote:People cheating creates more work for me, risks me missing things and polluting the results, and is the reason I closed bets early last round. Fucking cheaters. I don't have much room in my stomach for wending through this shit. Can I just kick them out?


And do as you did before. Close them in the middle of the week (bets) but write a few hours before you do so :)))
No Flag Peshmerga12
Musketeer
Posts: 74

10 Feb 2018, 20:04

andypierce wrote:If you were cheating, please respond here in this thread. I don't have the inclination to track you fuckers down on my own. Fess up so I can undo that shit and let everyone else decide what to do with you. Then I will process the bets. Does that work?


Andy plz ask @Goodspeed how to do so. He will fix it (cuz he knows from before)
Israel Adne
Musketeer
Posts: 79
Location: Republiek der Zeven Verenigde Nederlanden
Game: AoE Online

12 Feb 2018, 12:42

Who was cheating and how?
No Flag Peshmerga12
Musketeer
Posts: 74

12 Feb 2018, 18:33

Adne wrote:Who was cheating and how?


When the match between GUA and carrage was played, a few ppl betted on 3-0 to carrage (me, wout and maybe someone else did). Andy never closed the bets which made it possible to change them after. I looked it up and saw that basically everyone had changed thier bets to 3-0. However @Goodspeed knows how to fix this problem as you can look up the last verson of the sheet before 15GMT. We just have to wait and see when he shows up and can help out.

Forum Info

Return to “Information & Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest