goongoon vs. mitoe

United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Re: goongoon vs. mitoe

Post by n0el »

dicktator_ wrote:The mistake, in my opinion, is that ESOC made the news post before the players had agreed on a specific time (Mitoe hasn't even confirmed sunday afaik). goongoon and Mitoe are both very busy though so a pre-set time sounds kind of ridiculous as does expecting them to agree lots of time in advance but more pressure from tourney admins to get a time set sounds reasonable.

they did agree on Sunday.
mad cuz bad
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Yesh players probably conducted their vetoes and scheduling in private which is a smart decision considering all the other users who are posting in their scheduling thread!

Ya rly think ESOC would just go ahead and assume a time for it to be played without confirmation from the players? Lol
United States of America rafamundez
Crossbow
ESO: Red_Hood_

Post by rafamundez »

DivideNConquer wrote:
rafamundez wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:@rafamundez what do you propose? Should we ban the finalists from the event?

No but as it would be in any professional event, there has to be repercussions.

That's true, but this is an amateur event organized by the fan community. It's is not a professional event. I leave it to you to google the difference between the two words.

In the states here, technically the definition for any professional sporting event (for the NCAA) is if there is some sort of prize money involved that supersedes your travel/equipment expenses.... In this case there is no travel/equipment expenses for the players. And more and more E-sports are getting NCAA support... just saying you could view this as a professional sporting event (technically speaking :p )
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

That's the opposite of technically speaking. ESOC is not affiliated with the NCAA in any way, shape or form.
Crossbow

Post by rafamundez »

deleted_user wrote:That's the opposite of technically speaking. ESOC is not affiliated with the NCAA in any way, shape or form.

I was talking in terms of the definition of a professional sporting event
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Yes, a single definition given by the NCAA...
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Anywho, increased professionalism is always a good thing to be after but too often it's not too practical.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

It takes 5 min to answer a time on a thread, and he is going to receive at least 200$ and maybe 400$, thanks to all the donators. All the people are waiting for this game, that is selfish and not respectful to not write a time
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

rafamundez wrote:
gibson wrote:
Show hidden quotes

In any tournament with professional players thats the case. In casual community organized tournaments it's not. It's unreasonable to expect people who arent playing professionally to make changes IRL to accommodate you wanting to know when it's gonna be played more than a day in advance.

You make a good point though, I don't know what the solution is but something is better than nothing IMO.
unfortunately nothing can be done. Goongoon isnt the best scheduler in the world so as n0el pointed out the solution would have been for someone to beat him. That didn't happen so now we're stuck with things the way they are.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

dicktator_ wrote:The mistake, in my opinion, is that ESOC made the news post before the players had agreed on a specific time (Mitoe hasn't even confirmed sunday afaik). goongoon and Mitoe are both very busy though so a pre-set time sounds kind of ridiculous as does expecting them to agree lots of time in advance but more pressure from tourney admins to get a time set sounds reasonable.

I messaged goongoon a few hours after my series last week (Sunday)—on both Skype and by private message on ESOC—hoping to get it set up early so that there would be as few hiccups as possible. Even sent him my map vetos. I only received one reply 3 days later, with a very loose time frame and no vetoes. I replied a few hours after receiving this message, and here we are with no answers yet. :/

Honestly not sure what's going on.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

Let's DQ goongoon and let's do instead the final that everyone wants : Mitoe vs tedere12
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Yeah nevermind what I said earlier. they even said in this thread that they were taking it to Skype lol. What I meant is that they should've waited for the players to agree on a time frame as well as date before making the news post, but then they'd probably be making the post two hours before the game, so nvm.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Mitoe wrote:

I messaged goongoon a few hours after my series last week (Sunday)—on both Skype and by private message on ESOC—hoping to get it set up early so that there would be as few hiccups as possible. Even sent him my map vetos. I only received one reply 3 days later, with a very loose time frame and no vetoes. I replied a few hours after receiving this message, and here we are with no answers yet. :/

Oh goon is being ambiguous?!?! This final won't be played tomorrow he's not feeling ready enough yet.
No Flag widerporst
Crossbow

Post by widerporst »

Of course this is not a professional tournament ... but a community organized one. Nonetheless it is sponsored by the community. And therefore it should be of top priority to have a good show for the "donors".
Thus, scheduling games in time or allowing casters for even more entertainment should be taken for granted ... Participating in a community event without caring for the community seems wrong to me.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Take it up with goongoon, then.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Mitoe wrote:

Everyone is shocked, I'm sure.

Can we disqualifiy this "person" already? He just keeps piling it on.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Current scheduling format is too accommodating.
Image Image Image
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

its not like its suprising he doesnt schedule lol was same in every round kinda
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

Tomorrow around 18 or 19GMT, everyone.

Goongoon vetoes Jebel Musa and Klondike.

Final map pool:
1) ESOC Kamchatka
2) ESOC Iowa
3) ESOC Cascade Range
4) ESOC Mendocino
5) ESOC Alaska
6) ESOC Thar Desert
7) ESOC Florida
8) ESOC Fertile Crescent
9) ESOC Malaysia
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Rules about vetoes need to be stricter, it's really not fair that you know the map pool only 1 day before.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Letting him veto is in direct violation of rules 6.4 and 6.5 of the veto sustem

6.4 - The veto must be issued in the scheduling thread by Thursday.

6.5 - Failure to issue the veto in time will result in your opponent receiving your veto; essentially giving them two vetoes
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

@rafamundez It was just very hard to reach Goongoon this week. It felt like we couldn't do much more than just waiting until he responds. If a player doesn't reply, what else can we do? How can we set a time if we have no way contacting him in advance?
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

rsy wrote:Letting him veto is in direct violation of rules 6.4 and 6.5 of the veto sustem

6.5 - Failure to issue the veto in time will result in your opponent receiving your veto; essentially giving them two vetoes

Surely it's within my right to give him those vetoes if I choose? In which case I'll veto the maps of his choice.

I understand that he was not exactly punctual in scheduling this match or vetoing maps, and it's not exactly fair to me. I don't want to take that advantage for myself, however small. I want to prove that I can win regardless.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

rsy wrote:Letting him veto is in direct violation of rules 6.4 and 6.5 of the veto sustem

Yeah obviously Mitoe could take the vetoes, but he's a fair player so he doesn't. It's not a violation of these rules, it's just up to Mitoe to do what he likes.
Plus, this "before Thursday" thing is utter bullshit, since the threads are not always up on the same day of the week. Should be like "3 days after this post" or something.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Crossbow

Post by rafamundez »

MCJim wrote:@rafamundez It was just very hard to reach Goongoon this week. It felt like we couldn't do much more than just waiting until he responds. If a player doesn't reply, what else can we do? How can we set a time if we have no way contacting him in advance?

Oh absolutely, I don't know what the solution should be if a situation like this arises, hopefully this can generate discussion on what to do in the future if something like this occurs where there isn't any communication/contact (all up to the ESOC staff of course to stipulate what the steps should be)

I feel like part of the issue here was that we (normal passionate viewers, myself included) didn't know that there was pressure being applied from the ESOC mods (as you just informed everyone). To me it just seemed like ESOC was being complacent and since there wasn't a real rule regarding a situation like this or an official response (over the course of a week), it just seemed like ESOC was OK with how it was unwrapping. Obviously we know now that that wasn't the case :blush: