ASC Summer, into the Ro64

France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

[img]http://i.imgur.com/V5GUylX.png"]

It's hard to believe what we have in front of us. Back in 2010, Starcraft 2, a great RTS in its own right, was released and the entire RTS universe had its eyes set upon this game. The Age of Empires 3 world had seemingly faded out.

Yet 5 years later, here we are, with Age of Empires 3 in pretty much the same state as it was before. The community isn't large, but it is vibrant. As far as I'm concerned, Age of Empires 3 still has a lot of good moments in store for us.

As of today, the ASC's Ro64 has commenced and things are starting to get serious. Nonetheless, credit is due to all those who signed up and played in the tournament' it's great to see such interest. This interest is, to me, a clear sign that things are going in the right direction. Down the line, I am personally hoping for (and working towards) even more community-driven action.

Stay tuned ~

As for ASC itself, we have a pretty interesting tournament in front of us. At this point it's pretty clear who the favorite is. Our previous champion, Blackstar_OP, looks well poised to repeat his feat. His form is completely spot on. As of the writing of this article, I am no longer questioning whether he will win, I am wondering if he will drop a game before taking the tournament.

Nonetheless, despite one clear favorite, we have an amount of equally interesting players. I would favor BS_OP against all of them, nonetheless they all present a very real threat to our spring champion.

A quick look at the brackets shows us that we are in store for a couple of interesting matches. You'll note that I have looked past the Ro64 and started examining the Ro32 and even the Ro16. My predictions may be thrown off by upsets, but I highly doubt. Written apologies in the form of another article will follow if my predictions are wrong.

The interesting set of maps which we have for this tournament is fertile ground for upsets to take root. Indonesia, for example, is a map of demons for some players and a Godsend for others. Unfair? You tell me. As far as I know all players have access to the same civilizations. I am personally happy that truly customized maps have made their appearance in the Age of Empires 3 scene. Custom maps have been very important to the competitive scenes of both Starcraft: Brood War and Starcraft 2. It is only natural that we also begin to use these competitive maps, which have a true impact on civilization balance. This adds a lot to Age of Empires 3 as a game and going forward, I'm hoping to see more of these maps in the future.
"Thanks, Garja"

To kick things off, I'm going to make a few, accurate, probable hypotheses on which players will advance to the Ro16.

The first match I have my eyes on is SoldieR versus Mitoe. Though this match is actually in the Ro16, I believe that both of these players will eventually meet. Soldier is a very aggressive player, who relies on micro and strong mechanics to win his games. He is very good at that. Aside from Blackstar_OP himself, he was the only player in the previous ASC to take a game off of _H20. I believe that Soldier is a player who has hit a small wall on his path to enter the same tier as _H20 and Blackstar_OP. If he can overcome that last, small obstacle, he will step it up another notch. I favor him over Mitoe, who is a player I actually can't comment a lot on. Supposedly a top dog himself, he was unable to show himself off during the last ASC. Veni_Vedi_Vici_W decided that he had had enough and wanted to show everyone what a specialized team player can really do. Now that he has proven his point, Mitoe is now allowed to show the world what a specialized Macintosh player can do. My sources tell me he will even be able to play on an actual desk, with a reliable internet connection, for his upcoming matches. Will that be enough to topple Soldier? I personally don't think so, but regardless of the outcome, I think we have an excellent match on our hands here.

Similarly, it looks as if Samwise12 and PrinceofKabul will eventually contest their spot in the Ro8. Samwise has finally mustered the courage to come back to the scene. Prince has finally finished his military service. These two have nonetheless quickly caught up their tardiness and are looking serious. Although I would like to favor Samwise here, I don't believe I've seen enough out of him to justify that. Prince is getting back into shape and frankly, he's an excellent first tough opponent for Samwise to come back to. This is a match I'll be looking forward to.

One interesting match up which I have spotted is shmras versus acergame09. Both players are quite well known, though perhaps not for the same reasons. Our friend shmras has been one of the top players from Japan for a very long time. He has returned to Age of Empires 3 for the time being' it will be interesting to see how he does and I believe that acergame will be his first big obstacle to overcome. shmras is a rusty veteran, whereas acergame is a well-oiled player, who relies on his mechanics rather than unique builds. Their clash will be an interesting one, which can go either way, in my opinion.

Cohenski and Black_XIII_T are two dark horses. Reputed as fearsome players in their own right, I will be very curious to see how Aztec is able to cope with a base-trade situation. I'm not sure about either player, but this match is another one to keep an eye on. I'm leaning towards Cohenski taking it, however.

Another good match up to look forward to is SomppuKunkku versus MusketJr. Both are high caliber players, so this one should be a good match. Somppu is known for playing with a lot of resilience, sometimes dragging the game on to get to the late-game where is quite comfortable. Musket is an overall solid player with sound understanding of the game. This one is too close to pick for me, though I'm sure that people who know these players better than I do may be able to favor one over the other.

Other strong picks are Garja, diarouga, ramex12 and El_Pistolero_. These are players who are probably dangerous to every other player in the tournament. I do not think that the brackets present any difficulty to any of these players, however ramex12 and El_Pistolero_ will probably meet. That will also be a good match to tune into!

Overall, I have to say that we have a nice set of matches coming up. The tournament is taking shape and it's pretty interesting to see. The game is, in my opinion, also being played at a higher level today than it has ever been before. Builds have become quite sharp, mechanics clean and the overall understanding of the game is quite good. However, there is still much to figure out in this game and with the interesting civilization rules that ASC has, we have some amazing Age of Empires 3 action in store for us. Not only that, but recent advancement in streaming and VOD support has made events such as these much more friendly to viewers.

I'm happy to see where Age of Empires 3 is today and I look forward to seeing what this ASC has in store for us.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Shmras will beat aca
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

good read :thumbsup:
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
No Flag chronojj
Musketeer

Post by chronojj »

If someone had told me about this tournament ahead of time, this topic would have been entirely about me.
Advanced Player
Donator 02

Post by giveuanxiety »

HAHA!! Oh wow! Whats up Josh!
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

A nice face? Good to hear
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Hype hype hype
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

incog wrote:
Thanks, Garja
Haha yea nice maps Garja! We all love them.

Soldier is a very aggressive player, who relies on micro and strong mechanics to win his games. He is very good at that.
[span style="font-size:12pt'"]. [/span]
(rofl) (rofl)

Prince is getting back into shape and frankly
Yes. This was perfectly proved yestesrday with this strong performance against Zoi. If he keeps playing like this, we may have a winner here!

acergame is a well-oiled player, who relies on his mechanics rather than unique builds.
Acergame is a lagger who relies on his lag and has slept with your mother, sister and girlfriend. Watch out!

I will be very curious to see how Aztec is able to cope with a base-trade situation.
If they decide to go for full basetrades, we are going to have fun games (rofl)

Somppu is known for playing with a lot of resilience, sometimes dragging the game on to get to the late-game where is losing every single game.
Fixed.

I''m happy to see where Age of Empires 3 is today and I look forward to seeing what this ASC has in store for us.
Agreed ')

Do more these texts! They are fun to read.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

somppukunkku wrote:
incog wrote:Haha yea nice maps Garja! We all love them.

(rofl) (rofl)

Yes. This was perfectly proved yestesrday with this strong performance against Zoi. If he keeps playing like this, we may have a winner here!

Acergame is a lagger who relies on his lag and has slept with your mother, sister and girlfriend. Watch out!

Fixed.

Agreed ')

Dont forget that most of the people who acer plays are veni cock suckers and hes doing your mother, sister, girlfriend and honor fucking them because he is pr 30+
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Hahahaha yea (rofl) (rofl)

quotes are fked up but I hope my post is readable.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Nice post toni :(
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Really cool blog style post, love hearing people's perspective and predictions.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

diarouga wrote:Nice post toni :(
Why so sad? :(
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

somppukunkku wrote:
diarouga wrote:Nice post toni :(
Why so sad? :(
Why not? Acergame is a sad person and Im sad when I read his name :(
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

somppukunkku wrote:

(rofl) (rofl)

Fixed.

Agreed ')

Everyone complains about acer laggi g, but funny enough he pested me cuz he said i was lagging lol
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

somppukunkku wrote:

(rofl) (rofl)

Fixed.

Agreed ')

Zoi has proven to be much more harder opponent than you tho.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Advanced Player
Donator 02

Post by giveuanxiety »

Ace sometimes lags, but most of the time he is ok. Only strange thing about ace is his suspected bipolar and comments.

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Not looking like so in recent rated games Princieboi
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

somppukunkku wrote:Not looking like so in recent rated games Princieboi
[img]http://pove.arkku.net/upload/uploads/boi_1.png"]

You only win as india vs jap lol
Btw Prince, yumi and wall huh?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

somppukunkku wrote:Not looking like so in recent rated games Princieboi
[url href="http://pove.arkku.net/upload"][img]http://pove.arkku.net/upload/uploads/boi_1.png"][/url]

Noob lamer.
Advanced Player
Donator 02

Post by giveuanxiety »

jap beats india. Prince just prob playing it wrong. Dunno if he has a lot of jap experience or not.

Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

Typical, bragging about qs wins. Ye wasn't sure about the mu when i played those. Tell me somppu how has your games gone so far on saturday SmackDown? :D vs me and umeu. 4-0 and 4-0 was it? Well that's unfortunate. Big mouthie.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

princeofkabul wrote:Typical, bragging about qs wins. Ye wasn''t sure about the mu when i played those. Tell me somppu how has your games gone so far on saturday SmackDown? :D vs me and umeu. 4-0 and 4-0 was it? Well that''s unfortunate. Big mouthie.
It wasnt lol. and who cares about maps as japs lol. doesn''t even matter if you get no hunt

and btw, would be nice to see how you handle MU''s like sioux-russia and india sioux : )
legit MU''s germ-russ, french-rus, brit-rus, and rus-rus 2-2

and the fact I dont lame japs drives me into bad mu''s aswell

and btw, isn''t this "big mouthie thing" a little umeu like?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

princeofkabul wrote:Typical, bragging about qs wins. Ye wasn''t sure about the mu when i played those. Tell me somppu how has your games gone so far on saturday SmackDown? :D vs me and umeu. 4-0 and 4-0 was it? Well that''s unfortunate. Big mouthie.

Nah i am rusty and made grens, so only 4-1 :(