Rotation mod

Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Rotation mod

Post by pecelot »

Why is it banned? It can be pretty useful and it would be pretty easy to make it popular so that every player has it working since this is not complicated stuff.
No Flag CruOzer
Musketeer

Rotation mod

Post by CruOzer »

It can give you an advantage and not everyone considers to install extra features. This would be like using cheating (okay they give you a bigger advantage) programs. You give yourself an advantage or a possibility your opponent may not have because he has not the add-on or whatever.
No Flag kapor
Crossbow

Rotation mod

Post by kapor »

You dont need a mod, you can set a hot key for rotating buildings... for example: map ("shift-mousez", "building", "uiWheelRotatePlacedUnit")
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Rotation mod

Post by pecelot »

cruozer wrote:It can give you an advantage and not everyone considers to install extra features. This would be like using cheating (okay they give you a bigger advantage) programs. You give yourself an advantage or a possibility your opponent may not have because he has not the add-on or whatever.
lol but it''s 100% legit and allowed in ESO, furthermore it''s something that really should be included in a 3D game like AoE3.
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Rotation mod

Post by Durokan »

pecelot wrote:
cruozer wrote:It can give you an advantage and not everyone considers to install extra features. This would be like using cheating (okay they give you a bigger advantage) programs. You give yourself an advantage or a possibility your opponent may not have because he has not the add-on or whatever.
lol but its 100% legit and allowed in ESO, furthermore its something that really should be included in a 3D game like AoE3.

this question has been answered many times, it is not a question of whether it is legit or not, it is a question of whether or not a player should have to adjust their game client, however slight, to obtain an advantage. The admins decided it could affect gameplay, and as such should not be allowed. IE it could be an unfair advantage for someone who does use it over someone who does not.

Side note, are agra fort hotleys allowed? Iirc they are similar to rotator mod in how long it takes to fix.
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Rotation mod

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

durokan wrote:
pecelot wrote:lol but its 100% legit and allowed in ESO, furthermore its something that really should be included in a 3D game like AoE3.
this question has been answered many times, it is not a question of whether it is legit or not, it is a question of whether or not a player should have to adjust their game client, however slight, to obtain an advantage. The admins decided it could affect gameplay, and as such should not be allowed. IE it could be an unfair advantage for someone who does use it over someone who does not.

Side note, are agra fort hotleys allowed? Iirc they are similar to rotator mod in how long it takes to fix.

Yeah agra forts hotkeys are allowed, thats why banning rotator is dumb. You can use some undetectable advantages like UI mods, create new hotkeys etc
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Rotation mod

Post by Garja »

the difference with agra fort hotkeys is that they don't change the balance, let alone inn a bad way like the rotator mod does.
So yes, it's not just a matter of changing your gaming client but also a matter of legitimate change.
Image Image Image
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Rotation mod

Post by _H2O »

The difference is I can't tell if y clicked it or hot keyed your Agra. Otherwise it would be disallowed as well. Same goes for custom UIs that give u much more vision and also possibly utility.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Rotation mod

Post by momuuu »

But what if I use the rotator as Dutch? I mean, its pretty sad to claim that I got an unfair advantage because of it ')
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Rotation mod

Post by Mitoe »

jerom wrote:But what if I use the rotator as Dutch? I mean, its pretty sad to claim that I got an unfair advantage because of it ')
Don''t you, though? If it''s a Dutch mirror, for example, and you have the mod installed and he does not, it can give you a pretty big advantage in terms of building placement, one that he doesn''t even have the OPPORTUNITY to replicate because he didn''t modify his game.

This is why it''s against the rules. Unlike hotkey and (most) UI modifications, the building rotator gives you a tangible advantage over an opponent who does not have it installed, and unlike with hotkey mods and etc. they don''t even have any way of performing the same action you do.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Rotation mod

Post by Garja »

why, you did get an unfair advantage. Just build the building wall without rotating
Image Image Image
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Rotation mod

Post by momuuu »

You didnt get an unfair advantage if your opponent was playing a top civ though. You gained a fair slightly smaller disadvantage.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Rotation mod

Post by Garja »

still unfair because the game wasnt balanced taking into consideration diagonal buildings
Image Image Image
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Rotation mod

Post by Garja »

The fact that it was in the game is totally irrelevant because it has never been activated in any patch. As things are now, you're not supposed to rotate banks, wonders or anything to close your base completely without adding walls in the gaps. And you're not supposed to rotate buildings so that they can be placed between trees, the trade route or whatever, when they normally shouldn't fit.
On top of this, walling like that only promotes passive play.
Image Image Image
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Rotation mod

Post by Garja »

In most other games it's not possible to rotate buildings. Placement issues is part of AOE3 btw.
Image Image Image
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Rotation mod

Post by lemmings121 »

neuron wrote:[...] it''s comparable with enabling a game configuration, like making all the HP bars show up all the time (without pressing Alt).

I want.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Rotation mod

Post by gibson »

Without building rotator mod Dutch isn't really even playable outside of a mirror
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Rotation mod

Post by momuuu »

garja wrote:still unfair because the game wasnt balanced taking into consideration diagonal buildings

yes, unfair, because the balance would get so much worse if dutch could rotate their buildings Kappa.

Great argument, seriously. You totally convinced me.

Agreed with neuron. Instead of restricting further developement of the game, why not allow game enhancing mods and in that way stimulate the developement. These balance arguments are pathetic really, the balance has much bigger issues. If you really cared about balance, wed be playing mirrors only
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Rotation mod

Post by Garja »

I play mirrors only when it matters xD
Anyway it's not about a civ being weak or strong, is just a bad mechanic to have building walls with less effort than normal.
Image Image Image
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Rotation mod

Post by momuuu »

I think its a good mechanic because it allows you to strategically place your buildings.

Really, if everyone had a rotator mod itd better. The position on the map often determines if you can place banks efffectively or not, and sometimes one of the two players is in a better position.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Rotation mod

Post by Garja »

you can wall off without rotator and often with some gaps which you have to deal with (build walls or leave them open)
Image Image Image