So.... how/when/what do I do to join tournaments?

No Flag nickiru
Skirmisher

Post by nickiru »

Hey, I am new (definitely not new to AOE3 though)

I am looking for tournaments and was wondering if I can get in on the battles here.

Do you guys do treaty battles?

I read the rules on the tournaments here http://eso-community.net/thread/753/tou ... nformation

That thread states that sign ups for a tourny ended June, which now is August.

Can I join tournaments? If so, How and when?

THANKS!

By the way: I play a brutal german with many unorthodox playing styles' which is why I really want to do a tournament. I am powerful but strange and so I am curious how I will survive. According to the rules I'll need a couple other civs under my belt though. I like that for diversity.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

The next tournement will be the winter tournement. So you can sign up somewhere in the winter, I suppose.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

yep... we are already approaching the end of this tournament, so no more signups... but soon there shall be another :P

also, 100% sure it will be supremacy, not treaty.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

lemmings121 wrote:yep... we are already approaching the end of this tournament, so no more signups... but soon there shall be another :P

Idk what will happen tho, the fundraising is only at 400$. They might have to postpone it until spring to gather more money. That''s why I was a fan of making the prize pool like 700$.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Meh.. We could just sue bpds and put that money into the tournament
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger

Post by lemmings121 »

umeu wrote:Meh.. We could just sue bpds and put that money into the tournament
+
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

ovi12 wrote:
lemmings121 wrote:yep... we are already approaching the end of this tournament, so no more signups... but soon there shall be another :P

Idk what will happen tho, the fundraising is only at 400$. They might have to postpone it until spring to gather more money. Thats why I was a fan of making the prize pool like 700$.

wasnt some of the last few prizepools reinvested in the next tournements?
No Flag 91
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by 91 »

ovi12 wrote:

Idk what will happen tho, the fundraising is only at 400$. They might have to postpone it until spring to gather more money. Thats why I was a fan of making the prize pool like 700$.
More donations will probably occur when this tournament is done. nobodys really thinking about the next one yet :)
No Flag nickiru
Skirmisher

Post by nickiru »

Coolz. I'll await winter tourny. Is there other tournaments that happen hosted by other people though? I am craving competition and am not finding it. Typical battles on ESO are too easy and I need pro players to put me in my place.

Thanks!
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Too easy huh? What rank are you exactly?
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger

Post by lemmings121 »

calmyourtits wrote:Too easy huh? What rank are you exactly?

pr 10, NR55-NWS-HM, vanilla only. I''m pretty sure.

never seen someone who actually plays well saying the game is too easy...
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Yeah me neither lol

But who knows, he might be the next iamgrunt
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Lol, pr 10 games too easy...

maybe he shouldnt play in the tournement then, gonna be brutal.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Chill out guys. THIS shows he/she is somewhat humble. "I need pro players to put me in my place". (no sarcasm)
No Flag nickiru
Skirmisher

Post by nickiru »

Thanks for sticking out for me Djigit xD

HAH lols. Yah I need to be slaughtered. Not saying i beat everyone of course' but, eso is getting to the point where i can predict every move of 9/10 people's games. (which then it's no better than fighting the A.I.

I have played many games and I go to tournaments and get my ass handed to me to show I really am nothing in the competitive world. I know how it is. I come humbly and excited to see how strong people are. Put me in my place xD

to answer questions: my rank sucks (master sgt) in supremacy and treaty I started caring about it and got to 1 or 2 leut. Rank means nothing to me. I kill majors and corporals kill me. I was a private killing majors and captains... it just doesn't matter to me.

treaty is my specialty (nr 40). That I will boast about my skill there :D

I am just excited for doing a tournament with you guys cause I really want to see my unorthodoxy in action. I am definitly rush proof and end game I am invincible if I make it. Mid game is my only weak point and I have recently started to get over that hurdle (thus eso is becoming easy. used to be mid game boom was what killed me.) Now I would say I am some sort of skilled person. Thus... COMPETITIONS!!!! How good am I really? I want to find out. :D

When tournament entries start up, where should I look? Is there a link you can show me or will I be notified since I am a member now?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

There will surely be announcement on the main page,
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger

Post by lemmings121 »

nickiru wrote:Thanks for sticking out for me Djigit xD

HAH lols. Yah I need to be slaughtered. Not saying i beat everyone of course' but, eso is getting to the point where i can predict every move of 9/10 people''s games. (which then it''s no better than fighting the A.I.

I have played many games and I go to tournaments and get my ass handed to me to show I really am nothing in the competitive world. I know how it is. I come humbly and excited to see how strong people are. Put me in my place xD

to answer questions: my rank sucks (master sgt) in supremacy and treaty I started caring about it and got to 1 or 2 leut. Rank means nothing to me. I kill majors and corporals kill me. I was a private killing majors and captains... it just doesn''t matter to me.

treaty is my specialty (nr 40). That I will boast about my skill there :D

I am just excited for doing a tournament with you guys cause I really want to see my unorthodoxy in action. I am definitly rush proof and end game I am invincible if I make it. Mid game is my only weak point and I have recently started to get over that hurdle (thus eso is becoming easy. used to be mid game boom was what killed me.) Now I would say I am some sort of skilled person. Thus... COMPETITIONS!!!! How good am I really? I want to find out. :D

When tournament entries start up, where should I look? Is there a link you can show me or will I be notified since I am a member now?

sorry, but you know that no one believes your, right? you cant be the only player in the world that predict 90% of moves, and is still MS..
just play some quick search games in supremacy and you will lose... and as said before, there probably wont be any treaty tournaments, unless you organize it..
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Maybe at this level he can. Anyways I don't see anything strange, I guess many players can predict opponent's moves, the thing is how they adapt to them ')
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger

Post by lemmings121 »

pecelot wrote:Maybe at this level he can. Anyways I don''t see anything strange, I guess many players can predict opponent''s moves, the thing is how they adapt to them ')
hahaha, so true.

the very frequent "this chinese dude is doing the fking standard ff, I know exactly when he will hit. aaaaaand I lost to him again"
No Flag nickiru
Skirmisher

Post by nickiru »

(sigh) People are no different than other game communities. Of course you won't believe me, but you asked, therefore i answered. You as in all of you save a couple. commuinties act as a bee hive collective.

Notice I said nothing at first about my rank? remember I said I don't care about rank? perhaps I have bad internet and quit when I am winning to save my precious time. you don't know my scenario and I don't know yours. All I am saying is I am no noob and want competition.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

k no offence, yeah PR doesn't mean everything, u still however beat some higher ranked players
gl hf then ')
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger

Post by lemmings121 »

nickiru wrote:(sigh) People are no different than other game communities. Of course you won''t believe me, but you asked, therefore i answered. You as in all of you save a couple. commuinties act as a bee hive collective.

Notice I said nothing at first about my rank? remember I said I don''t care about rank? perhaps I have bad internet and quit when I am winning to save my precious time. you don''t know my scenario and I don''t know yours. All I am saying is I am no noob and want competition.
yeah, you said nothing about you ranking, but you did said that you are too good for eso, where you beat almost everyone, since they are as predictable and play as bad as a AI opponent..
And i''m just saying that''s a lie. The current top 1 doesn''t have such and easy time in eso, and I dont believe that you have, unless you are playing only with lower rated people on purpose.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

nickiru wrote:(sigh) People are no different than other game communities. Of course you won''t believe me, but you asked, therefore i answered. You as in all of you save a couple. commuinties act as a bee hive collective.

Notice I said nothing at first about my rank? remember I said I don''t care about rank? perhaps I have bad internet and quit when I am winning to save my precious time. you don''t know my scenario and I don''t know yours. All I am saying is I am no noob and want competition.
Everyone is kind of telling you where to find it. On ESO, against good players.
You could try baiting them by titling your game "1v1 I''m better than you". Be sure to record!

@zoom look I''m trying
No Flag nickiru
Skirmisher

Post by nickiru »

Oh I have. but then I get hackers and people who just insult my low rank and leave... so I don't. (people are mean on eso)

But I settled with "1v1 bring it on." havn't had anything happen with that yet and its attractive. Or I seek out high ranked people by perching like a hawk scanning the available games. about half the people above lieutenant kick me cause of low rank. Its tricky. Thus, competitions! I fight skilled people who can *(@!# me and not kick me cause of low rank :D

hooray!