Interviews with Samwise12 and ACERGAME09 - ESOC Champions

Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

This thread WILL spoil the results of the finals, so if you don't want to be spoiled, watch the series first!

The interview with Samwise12 was conducted over Skype after the finals, and maybe watched on our Youtube Channel here, around 20 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFIoBEg1Il8

Interview with ACERGAME09

Q: How does it feel to come in 2nd place? How did you expect to hold up vs Samwise?

ACER: Feels pretty bad. I expected to own him.

Q: Did you expect to go this far when you signed up for the tournament?

ACER: I was expecting BlackStar_OP and Samwise12 to be my only competition. Kynesie turned into a wildcard with his sea play which I've never seen before.

Q: Were you nervous for any of your matches?

ACER: Only the finals vs Samwise, which really effected my play a lot IMO.

Q: Yeah, you seemed to be struggling during the first few games, but you kept him on his toes the rest of the series afterwards. Which game do you think was the best?

ACER: The best game was probably the British mirror on Cascade Range, even though I feel like I threw that game.

Q: A lot of your builds are considered pretty nonstandard for mirrors, can you explain some of your preparation for the tournament games?

ACER: I didn't really want anyone to see my builds. So, I just played a lot of games against the computer.

Q: Was there anyone who helped you practice?

ACER: I had some low PR players play against me but it really pales in comparison when you have someone like Samwise12 practicing with H2O and BlackStar_OP quite frequently. I usually had the people I played versus use a strategy against me which I felt like I was weak against. The British mirror I played vs Samwise I had no practice, nor for the Aztec mirror.

Q: Sounds like you were taking your preparation very seriously by not allowing anyone to see your strats :P It really gave us some great games to watch.

ACER: Yeah, I never learned the "proper meta" so I just made up my own.

Q: Mind if I ask you some more personal questions? How old are you? What do you do for a living?

ACER: I am 23 and I currently study physics.

Q: Cool :) Well thanks for playing and congrats on 2nd place! Can we expect to see you in the winter tournament?

ACER: Probably not. I really should be pending my time doing more useful things. I just came back really to beat Samwise12 or H2O cause I wasn't able to beat them back when the game was more active. Childhood nostalgia, mostly.

Well, congratulations to ACERGAME09 for finishing 2nd place in the ESOC Summer Championship! We hope to see you in the Winter tournament, but if not, good luck in all your future endeavours. :)
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Acer is my new favorite player for studying physics :D
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

mitoe wrote:ACER: Feels pretty bad. I expected to own him.
10/10
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

[hr][hr][hr][hr]
[face=georgia]I didn''t really want anyone to see my builds. So, I just played a lot of games against the computer.[/face]
[hr][hr][hr][hr]
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

if he hadnt pested half of eso perhaps some ppl wouldve practiced with him :/

but still congratzz, u did make the tourney interesting that must be said.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I was surprised at how well he did actually. He has improved a lot in the last 6 months or so. He's still one cocky son of a bitch and a dick though....
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Guys, can you see gibson's avatar ?
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Post by purplesquid »

ggs

You should really come back for the winter tournament. Your games were really fun to watch and I think that under different conditions you have the potential to come out on top. . .
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

shaolinstar wrote:Guys, can you see gibson''s avatar ?

I haven''t been able to see it for probably a month now
No Flag titumir
Musketeer

Post by titumir »

You are a Lagger + Deep Shit , I bet if sam practiced half as much u did , would have whipped ur ass in all match. Respect others to get some.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:I was surprised at how well he did actually. He has improved a lot in the last 6 months or so. He''s still one cocky son of a bitch and a dick though....

isnt this what ive been trying to tell you for a while now? :p

Honestly, acer showed to be a fearsome player, top ten player for sure, and deserved the second play here imo. Its not like he had an easy bracket either.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

jerom wrote:
gibson wrote:I was surprised at how well he did actually. He has improved a lot in the last 6 months or so. Hes still one cocky son of a bitch and a dick though....

Honestly, acer showed to be a fearsome player, top ten player for sure, and deserved the second play here imo. Its not like he had an easy bracket either.

I honestly really still want to believe he got to the finals out of luck but the small part of me that likes to think logically cant look past that he actually had a realistic chance at beating one of the best ever.
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

he legit won his way to the final, which was a nice bo9!
congratz to both of them :thumbsup:
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

jerom wrote:
gibson wrote:I was surprised at how well he did actually. He has improved a lot in the last 6 months or so. Hes still one cocky son of a bitch and a dick though....

You shouldnt comment majority of times just cause u know jackshit whats going on. Top 10? Bitch please.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

Yeah, acer didn't have easy brackets. He had to meet people like shmras, kynesie and musketjr before reaching finals.

Acer's interview sounds like he doesn't truly love this game.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

princeofkabul wrote:
jerom wrote:isnt this what ive been trying to tell you for a while now? :p

You shouldnt comment majority of times just cause u know jackshit whats going on. Top 10? Bitch please.
Tell me more about how he just got lucky. I obviously forgot that all those guys that got knocked out much earlier than him (cough, you) are much better than him.
No Flag bart331
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by bart331 »

jerom wrote:Acer is my new favorite player for studying physics :D
+1

hope he signs up for winter
Great Britain samwise12
Pro Player
Summer 2015 winner
ESO: Samwise12

Post by samwise12 »

+1 might take him seriously next time
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

jerom wrote:
princeofkabul wrote:You shouldnt comment majority of times just cause u know jackshit whats going on. Top 10? Bitch please.
Tell me more about how he just got lucky. I obviously forgot that all those guys that got knocked out much earlier than him (cough, you) are much better than him.
We said it many times.
Shmras was super rusty, he hadnt played for 3 years.
I wasnt on my comp.
Kynesie was rusty, he just came back from holydays+ it was 3AM.
And Musket just trolled.

He did a great job to make new bos to counter our style but I wouldnt say hes better than us.
In qs he lost to many lt co/colo.

Also dont forget he had some recs of us from previous tournaments while we didnt know his playstyle and that he played the whole holydays.

He defintely deserves his place in final (even if hes an asshole) because he worked a lot on his bos but he isnt top 10 or better than prince as his elo shows.
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

Post by mnogud »

samwise12 wrote:+1 might take him seriously next time
All hail the wise
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

diarouga wrote:
jerom wrote:Tell me more about how he just got lucky. I obviously forgot that all those guys that got knocked out much earlier than him (cough, you) are much better than him.
We said it many times.
Shmras was super rusty, he hadnt played for 3 years.
I wasnt on my comp.
Kynesie was rusty, he just came back from holydays+ it was 3AM.
And Musket just trolled.

He did a great job to make new bos to counter our style but I wouldnt say hes better than us.
In qs he lost to many lt co/colo.

Also dont forget he had some recs of us from previous tournaments while we didnt know his playstyle and that he played the whole holydays.

He defintely deserves his place in final (even if hes an asshole) because he worked a lot on his bos but he isnt top 10 or better than prince as his elo shows.
he definitely did not deserve his place in the final.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
France krichk
Musketeer
ESO: AAAzzz___

Post by krichk »

If the best player won every match, it would be soooooo boring.
I really don't understand why people keep complaining about acer reaching the finals, that made the whole tourney more interesting.
(just my opinion ofc)
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

samwise12 wrote:+1 might take him seriously next time

what a fucking joke. Acer is actually a very comparable player and people need to start giving him some respect. Need I remind you that he was basically 2 mistakes away from beating you? With the exception of one battle, he completely outplayed you in the second brit mirror, made you look like a captian in the second Japan mirror, and beat you in a french mirror.

"I was basically drunk off of 3 beers. " nigga if you feel anything after three beers you either weigh 40 kilos or never drink alcohol. You''re just embarrassed that he almost beat you so you''re playing it off like you didn''t really try. My ass. If you didn''t really try he would have 5-0 you. You''re just embarrassed that he almost beat you because none of ya''ll top dogs wanna give him any credit when he''s actually a damn good player. Maybe not the second best player but certainly top ten and he can play with and beat anyone.
No Flag irage
Musketeer

Post by irage »

+1
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

The thing about Acergame this tournament was that he was able to keep his cool and play his best consistently, whereas everyone else seemed to fall apart at every little thing that went wrong :P

Say what you will, but Acergame certainly has the mental fortitude of a champion.