Great Britain samwise12
Pro Player
Summer 2015 winner
ESO: Samwise12

Interviews with Samwise12 and ACERGAME09 - ESOC Champions

Post by samwise12 »

gibson wrote:
samwise12 wrote:+1 might take him seriously next time
what a fucking joke. Acer is actually a very comparable player and people need to start giving him some respect. Need I remind you that he was basically 2 mistakes away from beating you? With the exception of one battle, he completely outplayed you in the second brit mirror, made you look like a captian in the second Japan mirror, and beat you in a french mirror.

"I was basically drunk off of 3 beers. " nigga if you feel anything after three beers you either weigh 40 kilos or never drink alcohol. Youre just embarrassed that he almost beat you so youre playing it off like you didnt really try. My ass. If you didnt really try he would have 5-0 you. Youre just embarrassed that he almost beat you because none of yall top dogs wanna give him any credit when hes actually a damn good player. Maybe not the second best player but certainly top ten and he can play with and beat anyone.
:counting: :counting: :counting:
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

Post by mnogud »

samwise12 wrote:
gibson wrote: what a fucking joke. Acer is actually a very comparable player and people need to start giving him some respect. Need I remind you that he was basically 2 mistakes away from beating you? With the exception of one battle, he completely outplayed you in the second brit mirror, made you look like a captian in the second Japan mirror, and beat you in a french mirror.

"I was basically drunk off of 3 beers. " nigga if you feel anything after three beers you either weigh 40 kilos or never drink alcohol. Youre just embarrassed that he almost beat you so youre playing it off like you didnt really try. My ass. If you didnt really try he would have 5-0 you. Youre just embarrassed that he almost beat you because none of yall top dogs wanna give him any credit when hes actually a damn good player. Maybe not the second best player but certainly top ten and he can play with and beat anyone.
:counting: :counting: :counting:
haha
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

mitoe wrote:The thing about Acergame this tournament was that he was able to keep his cool and play his best consistently, whereas everyone else seemed to fall apart at every little thing that went wrong :P

Say what you will, but Acergame certainly has the mental fortitude of a champion.

exactly, and this is a skill or talent or trait (however you want to call it) thats often overlooked but very important. The funny thing is, the one series he lost, is the one series where you could see him cracking under the pressure. He made a few mistakes that were obviously due to nerves.

That being said gibson''s reply is totally insane ofc... and again one based on very little relevant. Ofc acer is quite good, but in many ways the finals showed why nobody considers him the best.

he dragboxes his military, his army control is poor (Which is why he lost the brit mirror, and which is why the india mirror went as long as it did and why he almost lost it after taking a huge lead), his macro is often not top notch (many times in game you can see him stacking res, almost enough to age, or sometimes even enough, to only then see him sink everything into a batch of units that starts then, not finishes then). And while its true that his play was non-meta and thus can easily be labeled creative or what not, his builds are often not very crisp or well thought out. That said, his tactical decisions on the spot is where he actually shines, and thats where he wins his games. He often outmanouvers his opponent which combined with his ability to get in his opponents head while keeping calm himself has toppled many players with better mechanics than he has. Psychology is a part of sports or gaming that pro''s or experts like to deny to have any influence on the game, but it does, and its shown time and time again when some underdog rises up against his technical superior foes and beat with sheer willpower and a little bit of luck :)
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

gibson wrote:
samwise12 wrote:+1 might take him seriously next time
what a fucking joke. Acer is actually a very comparable player and people need to start giving him some respect. Need I remind you that he was basically 2 mistakes away from beating you? With the exception of one battle, he completely outplayed you in the second brit mirror, made you look like a captian in the second Japan mirror, and beat you in a french mirror.

In case youre fucking blind take a good look how he plays this game next time. And come say the same thing to me with a serious face after that.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
No Flag gladiator001
Crossbow

Post by gladiator001 »

umeu wrote:
mitoe wrote:The thing about Acergame this tournament was that he was able to keep his cool and play his best consistently, whereas everyone else seemed to fall apart at every little thing that went wrong :P

Say what you will, but Acergame certainly has the mental fortitude of a champion.
exactly, and this is a skill or talent or trait (however you want to call it) thats often overlooked but very important. The funny thing is, the one series he lost, is the one series where you could see him cracking under the pressure. He made a few mistakes that were obviously due to nerves.

That being said gibsons reply is totally insane ofc... and again one based on very little relevant. Ofc acer is quite good, but in many ways the finals showed why nobody considers him the best.

he dragboxes his military, his army control is poor (Which is why he lost the brit mirror, and which is why the india mirror went as long as it did and why he almost lost it after taking a huge lead), his macro is often not top notch (many times in game you can see him stacking res, almost enough to age, or sometimes even enough, to only then see him sink everything into a batch of units that starts then, not finishes then). And while its true that his play was non-meta and thus can easily be labeled creative or what not, his builds are often not very crisp or well thought out. That said, his tactical decisions on the spot is where he actually shines, and thats where he wins his games. He often outmanouvers his opponent which combined with his ability to get in his opponents head while keeping calm himself has toppled many players with better mechanics than he has. Psychology is a part of sports or gaming that pros or experts like to deny to have any influence on the game, but it does, and its shown time and time again when some underdog rises up against his technical superior foes and beat with sheer willpower and a little bit of luck :)
Words of wisdom.. +1
No Flag mongobillione
Dragoon
Donator 02

Post by mongobillione »

gibson calm ur fake tits slut.. jesus...
No Flag mongobillione
Dragoon
Donator 02

Post by mongobillione »

i dont see a single game diarouga lost vs acer in quicksearch.. hes just stupid enough to play vs him when hes not at his own computer.. and kynesie stupid enough to play in midnight so he makes sure acer wins 100%.. they might be stupid but acer is way under h20 or samwise or even diarougas lvl. he has just the bigger brain than those probly
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

princeofkabul wrote:
gibson wrote: what a fucking joke. Acer is actually a very comparable player and people need to start giving him some respect. Need I remind you that he was basically 2 mistakes away from beating you? With the exception of one battle, he completely outplayed you in the second brit mirror, made you look like a captian in the second Japan mirror, and beat you in a french mirror.

In case youre fucking blind take a good look how he plays this game next time. And come say the same thing to me with a serious face after that.

wanna do me a favor bro and go look at the summer tourney results bracket? Or are you blind? You can talk all you want but numbers dont lie. If acer plays in the winter tourney and all the good players play he will loose in the ro8 or maybe the ro16 if he has a bad bracket, assuming he trains some of course. You heard it here first.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

mnogobillione wrote:http://aoe3.jpcommunity.com/rating2/player/?t=age3ySP1v1&n=ACERGAME09&m=latestmatch&v=10>=1v1&p1=diarouga&p2=ACERGAME09&p3=&p4=&p5=&p6=&p7=&mc=0&oc=0&map=&lenf=&lent=&ft=1

Since you obviously don''t play or you would know this qs games don''t mean jack shit. I lost to a ms once bc I had no mine and no hint on Sonora. All that matters is the money bro. Who won 3-0 when it actually mattered?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

gibson wrote:
mnogobillione wrote:http://aoe3.jpcommunity.com/rating2/player/?t=age3ySP1v1&'n=ACERGAME09&'m=latestmatch&'v=10>'=1v1&'p1=diarouga&'p2=ACERGAME09&'p3=&'p4=&'p5=&'p6=&'p7=&'mc=0&'oc=0&'map=&'lenf=&'lent=&'ft=1
Since you obviously dont play or you would know this qs games dont mean jack shit. I lost to a ms once bc I had no mine and no hint on Sonora. All that matters is the money bro. Who won 3-0 when it actually mattered?

That was jap vs sioux so the map doesnt matter.
He won when it mattered because I wasnt in good conditions. I dont contest his win but he definitely isnt top10.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

gibson wrote:
princeofkabul wrote:In case youre fucking blind take a good look how he plays this game next time. And come say the same thing to me with a serious face after that.
wanna do me a favor bro and go look at the summer tourney results bracket? Or are you blind? You can talk all you want but numbers dont lie. If acer plays in the winter tourney and all the good players play he will loose in the ro8 or maybe the ro16 if he has a bad bracket, assuming he trains some of course. You heard it here first.
People who cant play this game shouldnt come with their pointless analyses. Kinda irrelevant to me to take you too seriously when it comes to this game. :p Hope you understand.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

princeofkabul wrote:
gibson wrote: wanna do me a favor bro and go look at the summer tourney results bracket? Or are you blind? You can talk all you want but numbers dont lie. If acer plays in the winter tourney and all the good players play he will loose in the ro8 or maybe the ro16 if he has a bad bracket, assuming he trains some of course. You heard it here first.
People who cant play this game shouldnt come with their pointless analyses. Kinda irrelevant to me to take you too seriously when it comes to this game. :p Hope you understand.

Oh once again the classic Im gonna ignore what you say because youre not pr 35+. First off, Im not as bad at this game as most people think I am. Yesterday I actually decided to try at this game and the result was I beat a pr30. That tells me that if I actually took this game serouisly and played competitively for some peroid of time I have the game knowledge and basic mechanics to get up to the pr30+ range. Secondly, you dont need any game knowledge to see that acer actually had a real chance at beating Sam while you, quite frankly, didnt. You dont need game knowledge to see that acer made it to the finals while you, quite frankly, didnt. Acer was not this good 6 months ago, and would have never made it this far. However, he has improved a lot and some of you guys just refuse to believe and probably still wouldnt if he had beaten Sam.
No Flag mongobillione
Dragoon
Donator 02

Post by mongobillione »

gibson wrote:
mnogobillione wrote:http://aoe3.jpcommunity.com/rating2/player/?t=age3ySP1v1&n=ACERGAME09&m=latestmatch&v=10>'=1v1&p1=diarouga&p2=ACERGAME09&p3=&p4=&p5=&p6=&p7=&mc=0&oc=0&map=&lenf=&lent=&ft=1
Since you obviously dont play or you would know this qs games dont mean jack shit. I lost to a ms once bc I had no mine and no hint on Sonora. All that matters is the money bro. Who won 3-0 when it actually mattered?

lmao a first lt wanna complain me about qs.. yea right qs doesnt matter i just wanted to show diarouga won sioux vs jap and the turn around aswell when he used sioux... and freaking jesus u guys hype like kiddos.. everyone hyped kynesie.. than everyone hyped bsop.. now everyone hypes acer this is like a teenies go wild episode
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

mnogobillione wrote:
gibson wrote: Since you obviously dont play or you would know this qs games dont mean jack shit. I lost to a ms once bc I had no mine and no hint on Sonora. All that matters is the money bro. Who won 3-0 when it actually mattered?
lmao a first lt wanna complain me about qs.. yea right qs doesnt matter i just wanted to show diarouga won sioux vs jap and the turn around aswell when he used sioux... and freaking jesus u guys hype like kiddos.. everyone hyped kynesie.. than everyone hyped bsop.. now everyone hypes acer this is like a teenies go wild episode

Lmao hype? I hate that fucking guy. But that doesnt change the fact that hes a solid player, which many people here dont wanna admit.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Acer is a long time player that's why he does decent. That said he plays worse than most of colonel/brigs at the moment. Tourney result was purely occasional and determined by the rubbish environment in which his and other matches were played.
Sorry to be this rude telling the truth but it annoyes me when people give credit just based on results alone.
Image Image Image
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

umeu wrote:

That being said gibsons reply is totally insane ofc... and again one based on very little relevant. Ofc acer is quite good, but in many ways the finals showed why nobody considers him the best.?

Hmm interesting. I seem to remember in my post I specifically said he was NOT the best. I said he was top ten, which may have been a little brash. Hes realistically more like top 15 or 20. And when you say someone is top 20, that usually means theyre 18,19,or 20 lol
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

garja wrote:Acer is a long time player that''s why he does decent. That said he plays worse than most of colonel/brigs at the moment. Tourney result was purely occasional and determined by the rubbish environment in which his and other matches were played.
Sorry to be this rude telling the truth but it annoyes me when people give credit just based on results alone.

I''m just curious and completely unrelated to Acergame, how you can base someone''s skill level off of anything other than results? If someone beats you 20 times in a row in an even MU, he''s certainly better then you, completely based off of results. What else is there to base someone''s skill level off of besides results?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

gibson wrote: I''m just curious and completely unrelated to Acergame, how you can base someone''s skill level off of anything other than results? If someone beats you 20 times in a row in an even MU, he''s certainly better then you, completely based off of results. What else is there to base someone''s skill level off of besides results?

You can tell someone''s strenght just by watching how he plays, assuming you''re experienced enough. Asides from that just by playing against him and assessing how good he is.
Btw, he was losing vs most of colo/brigs , so even the result argument works here.
Image Image Image
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

garja wrote:
gibson wrote: Im just curious and completely unrelated to Acergame, how you can base someones skill level off of anything other than results? If someone beats you 20 times in a row in an even MU, hes certainly better then you, completely based off of results. What else is there to base someones skill level off of besides results?
You can tell someones strenght just by watching how he plays, assuming youre experienced enough. Asides from that just by playing against him and assessing how good he is.
Btw, he was losing vs most of colo/brigs , so even the result argument works here.

But isnt the ultimate test of whether someones good or not if they win games rather than a biased observers opinion?
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

I guess even with all the tournament he played garja still doesn't get that winning a tourn is half mental/half skill, so you can't compare how he performs on eso and during a tourn
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

benj89 wrote:I guess even with all the tournament he played garja still doesn''t get that winning a tourn is half mental/half skill, so you can''t compare how he performs on eso and during a tourn

^^^^
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

And you still don't get that that argument is BS and tourney environment is barely playable because there is always some caster to ruin an otherwise decent latency.
Image Image Image