2015 Summer Championship fully funded!

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

[div style="text-align:center'"][img]http://i.imgur.com/pobw9Kk.png" style="max-width:100%'min-width:70%'"][/div]

Well that was easy! :thumbsup:
The donation page was barely up and we already reached our goal. Of course, we were pretty far along before that with some of the major donations pledged a while ago, but who expected we would raise 200$ in 3 days?
Not me, but it happened. As is, the summer tournament as well as the betting event that goes with it are fully funded. Hurray! The prize pool is almost double that of the last tournament, and the event is still 2 months away! What an awesome community we have :)

Huge thanks to all of our sponsors, obviously, most importantly myself, Stanley_Winston and H2O. But also to all of the players and the viewers too, it''s all of you who made last tournament such an exciting experience for us all which I''m sure was incentive to donate for the next one. It definitely was for me! We hope to see you all in the next event, and I''m sure we''ll even end up with a whole bunch of new viewers. This community is still growing, and the sky''s the limit. We all know AoE3 is a great game, it deserves a thriving community and it''s getting one. People are coming back to the game or are picking it up because they are seeing support, a strong new community site and a steady flow of content. As long as we all continue to get along and enjoy the game as much as we are, I''m sure the coming years will be a new and exciting chapter in AoE3''s history. I look forward to it!

And of course, the summer tournament is only the beginning. Or did you think we were done after that? Ha! Some of you may have noticed, but Neuron already made us a new donation page set up for the next event which will take place in winter. There''s no hurry, but know that any donation we receive will go towards the funding of future events and nothing else. If you like what you see and would like for us to continue hosting events, every donation is welcome, big or small!
If you''d like to donate, please note that Paypal charges us a fee of 5%. To dodge that fee and make your donation more impactful, you can transfer from your paypal account directly to [email protected] instead of using the donate button.

Thanks everyone, and stick around! ESO community is here to stay.
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

Your words make me so happy.

"What an awesome community we have :)"
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Already donated $101 towards next event, keep up the good work!
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Aweomse job everyone!
Denmark crjensen4
Dragoon
Donator 07
ESO: crjensen4

Post by crjensen4 »

Yes indeed!! Looking forward to it :)
No Flag hitman
Crossbow

Post by hitman »

can anyone tell me how to participate in summer championship
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

The signups will be up about a month before the tournament. Should be somewhere in June.
No Flag haga
Crossbow

Post by haga »

Good job Sponsors!
Brazil t3rror1sta
Dragoon
ESO: Knight_br

Post by t3rror1sta »

awesome work, guys

gg
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Looks like Paypal is charging us a small fee (5%) for donations. To dodge it you can transfer directly to [email protected] instead of using the donate button.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

5% is quite alot imo
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

calmyourtits wrote:Looks like Paypal is charging us a small fee (5%) for donations. To dodge it you can transfer directly to [email protected] instead of using the donate button.
FYI I got charged an additional 2$ (2%?) from Paypal on top of that on my end, making the total 7%.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

damn thats messed up
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Denmark crjensen4
Dragoon
Donator 07
ESO: crjensen4

Post by crjensen4 »

Arh what a shame... But on the other hand such an easy way to transfer money - and the donate button makes it easier for people and that in today's world is key.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

calmyourtits wrote:Looks like Paypal is charging us a small fee (5%) for donations. To dodge it you can transfer directly to [email protected] instead of using the donate button.

5% on a $100 donation is $5.

You should post instructions to dodge the fee directly on donation page
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

I would give everyone a special Thanks! Everyone which gives money to this tournament, keeps up this community alive. Very thanks, awesome job guys!
No Flag exploited
Crossbow

Post by exploited »

Very nice guys...i was 7 years inactive and had some problems after coming back at the last tourney...but now im looking forward...lets have some nice fights :evilgrin:

special thanks to all of you!
No Flag oneomega
Crossbow

Post by oneomega »

awesome...
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Glad to hear everyone is liking the events. We need donations to make them keep happening. Everyone in the community chipping in will allow us to provide tournaments all year :).
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

h2o wrote:Glad to hear everyone is liking the events. We need donations to make them keep happening. Everyone in the community chipping in will allow us to provide tournaments all year :).
What do you think of lowering the prize to 800$, if not for summer then for winter? I''m sure we will get 1100$ by december, but I doubt we can keep this lead of being one tournament ahead with funding, I think we will slowly fall behind and maybe not have a summer one next year or a winter one.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

ovi12 wrote:
h2o wrote:Glad to hear everyone is liking the events. We need donations to make them keep happening. Everyone in the community chipping in will allow us to provide tournaments all year :).
What do you think of lowering the prize to 800$, if not for summer then for winter? Im sure we will get 1100$ by december, but I doubt we can keep this lead of being one tournament ahead with funding, I think we will slowly fall behind and maybe not have a summer one next year or a winter one.
I dont think itll be a problem. And even if we cant meet our goals for future tournaments, that doesnt mean they wont happen ')
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

If you love the events it's only a few dollars a year donation from everyone that will get use to that annual goal. :)
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

ovi12 wrote:
What do you think of lowering the prize to 800$, if not for summer then for winter? Im sure we will get 1100$ by december, but I doubt we can keep this lead of being one tournament ahead with funding, I think we will slowly fall behind and maybe not have a summer one next year or a winter one.

Its not all about the money. And I think the players arent playing for money either they are playing for fun. But its always nice if your rewarded for your effort.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Well, aoe3 players are notorious skanks and Bs_op is head golddigger. The bigger the prize the more players will come back for a shot @ winning