New Maps! New EP!

Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Re: New Maps! New EP!

Post by spanky4ever »

well, how about you can put more of your villies on food and gold? you need more than one house! you could even have one or two upgrades on your marked, or a TP with the wood you save? How would you measure that up? @momuuu
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

iwillspankyou wrote:well, how about you can put more of your villies on food and gold? you need more than one house! you could even have one or two upgrades on your marked, or a TP with the wood you save? How would you measure that up? @momuuu

It doesnt work that way?
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Jerom wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:well, how about you can put more of your villies on food and gold? you need more than one house! you could even have one or two upgrades on your marked, or a TP with the wood you save? How would you measure that up? @momuuu

It doesnt work that way?

Im glad you put a ? instead of a ! after your last remark :P
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I feel like Im being trolled.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Jerom wrote:I feel like Im being trolled.

Im not trolling you :smile: just dont like the way you are putting everyone down, who really make an effort. I have fait in what they are doing, is well thought about - and not some quick fixes.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I dont know what else I should do. I don't have faith in what they're doing. I tried to express my thoughts and I do not feel that I've been shown wrong. There's two options, sit in silence and accept that some random people can ruin the future of the game for you or stand up and at least battle for what you consider right. I'm not the guy that would choose the first path.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

I want to thank the devs and map makers for their continued effort to update this dinosaur of a game with good maps and useful features. It is sad to see that all your hard work seems to get lost in the wild discussions about balance. I am always excited about new maps and I hope the hook tool leads to more activity on the EP.

I also want to thank the balance team who I guess have put in a comparable amount of work and thought into their balance changes and independently from my opinion about the changes I am grateful for your efforts. I think I am in no position to judge the majority of the changes yet. So far I am curious to see if people will start to incorperate small amounts of fishing boats in their builds. And I expect Aizamk to have all kinds of fun with that new Spanish card.

One change I (and apparantly nobody else) am very worried about is the Wakina change. With 5 Speed, the WC aura and a card that can make them even faster I feel like you created a unit similar to Geniteur Dragoons which is untouchable for a large amount of units.

Lastly I want to say that I am not a fan of releasing a large balance update right before the start of a tournament. This throws a lot of preparation out the window I do not see any benefit in it. The maps could have easily been released on their own with the balance update coimng after the tourny to promote active play in the downtime between tournaments to test new builds and stretegies.

I hope that I do not get lost in between a personal war of words here...
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Jerom wrote:I dont know what else I should do. I don't have faith in what they're doing. I tried to express my thoughts and I do not feel that I've been shown wrong. There's two options, sit in silence and accept that some random people can ruin the future of the game for you or stand up and at least battle for what you consider right. I'm not the guy that would choose the first path.

you can only know if your right or wrong, once you tryed it out :P I wish you come join the tournament and prove you are right (or wrong) in your assumptions :love: 50 min to new release :o
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Jerom starts the #notmypatch movement
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

iwillspankyou wrote:
Jerom wrote:I dont know what else I should do. I don't have faith in what they're doing. I tried to express my thoughts and I do not feel that I've been shown wrong. There's two options, sit in silence and accept that some random people can ruin the future of the game for you or stand up and at least battle for what you consider right. I'm not the guy that would choose the first path.

you can only know if your right or wrong, once you tryed it out :P I wish you come join the tournament and prove you are right (or wrong) in your assumptions :love:

I think anyone can tell it's impossible that slow sepoy rush survives this. It's not a hard call. The problem isn't that india would be too weak (even though I think even that will be true), the problem is that this changes the way the game is played in a negative fashion imo. It's not about how this turns out, it's about the principle.

deleted_user wrote:Jerom starts the #notmypatch movement

Honestly that was basically the point of my first post.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Jerom wrote:
n0el wrote:Good work and nice post. As usual, all the haters will continue to hate.

It's easy to say that. I've had the tendency to support ep and I actually tried to promote EP as much as possible at one point by creating 1v1 obs games involving many lower ranked players that couldnt get games on EP otherwise. It's too easy to whimp off people with negative opinions as haters, it'd be better to actually take feedback at all.

These people are putting their free time into this project to help the community, you should be grateful and not be criticizing them.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

@momuuu its not slow sepoy rush!! it could even be faste3r cos you only need 50 wood for your second house. On RE you need 100 wood for a freaking house u know
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

@momuuu but you didn't give it a catchy and socially relevant hashtag

I'll forgo my usual consulting fee for this one.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Jerom wrote:
n0el wrote:Good work and nice post. As usual, all the haters will continue to hate.

It's easy to say that. I've had the tendency to support ep and I actually tried to promote EP as much as possible at one point by creating 1v1 obs games involving many lower ranked players that couldnt get games on EP otherwise. It's too easy to whimp off people with negative opinions as haters, it'd be better to actually take feedback at all.

These people are putting their free time into this project to help the community, you should be grateful and not be criticizing them.

I'm not grateful because I think I'd appreciate it more if they'd not be putting their free time into the project XD
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

deleted_user wrote:@momuuu but you didn't give it a catchy and socially relevant hashtag

I'll forgo my usual consulting fee for this one.

prolly no need for salty post tbo :huh:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

iwillspankyou wrote:@momuuu its not slow sepoy rush!! it could even be faste3r cos you only need 50 wood for your second house. On RE you need 100 wood for a freaking house u know

You need 80 wood for a house on RE spanky. And it's literally 4 seconds, I am 100% certain my maths are right.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Jerom wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I'm not grateful because I think I'd appreciate it more if they'd not be putting their free time into the project XD

Yeah that's how I feel about overzealous mods :uglylol:
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

I think this patch open up to different style of playing, and tbo - that is what we need - a change ;)
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

iwillspankyou wrote:I think this patch open up to different style of playing, and tbo - that is what we need - for a change ;)

yesh it's time we make walls good again
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

iwillspankyou wrote:I think this patch open up to different style of playing, and tbo - that is what we need - a change ;)

I would be positive if they opened up a different style of playing without closing down an old style of playing.
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

guys lets see the patch, practice is mostly different than theory. at 2 tc shots sepoy has 10 hp which may not be that big deal in anyway: after mm+unit. It is obviously more significant than %5 nerf, but we cant measure its real value with talking. (I believe 182 hp is a better)so change may not remove sepoy rush. I remembe after sioux buff jerom you said they will be picked everygame, they will be imba and should be banned. We saw, better players won regardless of civ. This change is rather noob friendly for defender i believe , if you harass vills etc 2 more sepoys dead is not game changing. i believe better player will still succeed, if you buff sepoy hp 200 and play against h20 it wont matter, he will probably win the defence. I am sorry jerom for your fav strats change, and i agree it could have been managed better with wicked cossacks data given. You can still play it on re, but EP is mostly for competitive match i know you are good player but you wont lose to a 1st lt when you go sepoy rush, skill gap is much bigger factor than these changes, so i think you are making a big deal of something small. And you will still lose fights if your enemy better microes than you. Many people recognize this but you keep referring your arguments, which i accept, and actually good feedback. You can join dev team to give ideas etc if you are interested i am sure they wont disrespect your opinion, (they may actually since you went personal :d). As you said if rush is really that nerfed, i am confident patch team will consider it again. On the other hand patch is out, game is still fun, new maps are there, and 50 w can be indeed positive, there is spanish gold and new tc cost to explore new builds, so just lean back and relax a little ;)
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Jerom wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:I think this patch open up to different style of playing, and tbo - that is what we need - a change ;)

I would be positive if they opened up a different style of playing without closing down an old style of playing.

when the old one close, a new one opens - most of the time - cannot have it all at once.
:!: :ugeek:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

iwillspankyou wrote:
Jerom wrote:

when the old one close, a new one opens - most of the time - cannot have it all at once.
:!: :ugeek:

But you literally can in this case :/
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

HUMMAN wrote:guys lets see the patch, practice is mostly different than theory. at 2 tc shots sepoy has 10 hp which may not be that big deal in anyway: after mm+unit. It is obviously more significant than %5 nerf, but we cant measure its real value with talking. (I believe 182 hp is a better)so change may not remove sepoy rush. I remembe after sioux buff jerom you said they will be picked everygame, they will be imba and should be banned. We saw, better players won regardless of civ. This change is rather noob friendly for defender i believe , if you harass vills etc 2 more sepoys dead is not game changing. i believe better player will still succeed, if you buff sepoy hp 200 and play against h20 it wont matter, he will probably win the defence. I am sorry jerom for your fav strats change, and i agree it could have been managed better with wicked cossacks data given. You can still play it on re, but EP is mostly for competitive match i know you are good player but you wont lose to a 1st lt when you go sepoy rush, skill gap is much bigger factor than these changes, so i think you are making a big deal of something small. And you will still lose fights if your enemy better microes than you. Many people recognize this but you keep referring your arguments, which i accept, and actually good feedback. You can join dev team to give ideas etc if you are interested i am sure they wont disrespect your opinion, (they may actually since you went personal :d). As you said if rush is really that nerfed, i am confident patch team will consider it again. On the other hand patch is out, game is still fun, new maps are there, and 50 w can be indeed positive, there is spanish gold and new tc cost to explore new builds, so just lean back and relax a little ;)

I actually looked up my first reaction to the sioux change and this is what I think was my first reaction:
"Also the other patch notes are partially good (iro buff, germany buff, france buff/rework) because those civs needed at least a little bit of love. I'm afraid the sioux changes make them way too strong, and the dutch/japan/russia nerfs are not justified if you compare how strong those civs are to how strong port (minimal 5 food nerf, the same as the russia one basically except ports were way stronger) and british (not nerfed) are. Especially if you consider France and germany becoming better too which is mostly a nerf to Dutch and Russia.
I think this patch would be amazing if you remove the change to russia, dutch and don't nerf way of the bow without compensation. And of course if the Sioux buff works out."

I recall trying the change out then and it seemed really OP for a bit but that feeling went away after 3 or 4 games. And yes, if sepoys were 182 hp I'd actually play this patch even though I still don't agree with the change but it's somewhat more okay because it doesn't limit the game then.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

EP4 is now live!

Get it from auto-update or grab the full installer here: http://eso-community.net/esoc-patch.php
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player