ESOC Patch 4.2 released!

Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Re: ESOC Patch 4.2 released!

Post by princeofcarthage »

zoom wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:Personally, I think it's not only going far away from RE, it's going away from base game itself, if I am right, then no building follows such rule, and this is first of a kind. Those rules in place where to prevent building in first tc premises of opponent.
Firstly, the TCs indeed. Secondly, I don't see why a feature being different is inherently bad, on a personal level.

Well, I am not saying it's bad or good, tbh I am quite unsure of how it works, playing simcity is fun sure( sry for joke but had too ). It just seems meta change rather than balance change cuz it changes the way you play game.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

zoom wrote:
gamevideo113 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

On RE you can build a lot of teepees close to each other where you are fighting so that you can benefit from a decent amount of them. With the minimum distance between each teepee you will be able to build max 2/3 tepees in proximity of the fight, which makes it less profitable and does not really give any incentive to send cards for them. Now it's harder to secure one specific spot since you can build a limited amount of teepees in said spot, assuming you want to use teepees to their full potential. As Garja says, i think the eco aura for teepees should be granted by a card, so that we don't have to worry about the early overstacking of tepees in the sioux base and there would be no need to add a minimum distance between each tepee.
Thanks!

Firstly, isn't that the same as what I said in my last post – that the difference is the extent of the stacking and not how they are used? Try it in game; stacking is still very much a factor.

This is true, but the amount of stacking that you can get also affects the way you use the feature: if i can stack the effect of 6 teepees it might be worth to send a card, while if i can stack the effect of 2 teepees max it won't be really worth it to send a card for teepees. Maybe this comparison is not 100% appropriate but i see it as if the market only had hunting dogs in it (as opposed to all the usual techs). Would you still build it even if you can't get many techs from it?
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

There is no such rule for your own TCs. You can place them next to each other. The rule you're talking about, exactly the only one to free building placement, is for opponent's starting TC, it moves from clearly different reasons and to be frank it is a very ugly artificial exception they made for this game, as opposed to any other classic RTS game.
The teepee distance limitation is not only bad because a forced exception in an otherwise consistent framework, but also it is ugly and artificial.

As for the effect on actual play, it isn't just the reduced eco stack and thus higher cost of cards (good point), but also the way it alters the original use of the teepee as defensive tool. 6 teepees with less range is not the same as 2 teepees with more range.

If anything, I'm happy that the very same concerns of mine are brought up one by one by other users.
Should I be surprised that I see this coming in advance?
Image Image Image
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

zoom wrote:
lemmings121 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Maybe people underestimated them? maybe change the numbers a bit more on BR and Cetan to make them viable while not op?

Imo we are getting too far from RE, and that creates a barrier for people coming to the patch.
Removing BS old han or immortal aztec explorer is good, but forcing every civ into boomy-semi ff builds is bad.

[spoiler=bonus]Recently there is a lot of talk about how dutch is the new op civ.. if you are going to nerf them, just go back to 4 banks and/or 350f banks, please dont come up with "oh, now dutch has a only a 300w age up!" or some other random nerf..[/spoiler]
Isn't Sioux played in the exact same way on RE as on EP, only with Teepees? I don't think your last point is applicable at all, here.

I dont think so. In RE sioux is always playing agaisnt the clock, if you take too long to kill the enemy, you will be outscaled in pretty much any mu, now in ep you have some more time to setup a late game, the 'cheaper cavs' that just got buffed is absolutelly never used in Re, not because its bad, but because it takes too long to payof, and sioux wants to finish the game asap.
At the same time, standard RE vs Sioux is rush heavy inf, and thats pretty much impossible to do in ep.

So no, sioux games isnt "exact same way" as in re, they are the most diferent in the entire patch...
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

Nice improvements. My humble opinion about tepee range restriction, it may be a solution but not an elegant one. Max auro stack/ logaritmic increase(1 tepee: 5 2 tepee:8 3 tepee: 10 4 tepee:11 so on) can propose other options. I believe there a lot of creative guys in this forum you can handle it.)
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Not only EP Sioux meta is very different from RE meta but also the foundamental design is completly different.
Sioux is one of the civs with the worst economy and that's cool with the gameplay as well as with the historical accuracy. Giving them a booming mechanic like the ones of Brit, Jap or Dutch is simply not in line with the civ concept.
Image Image Image
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

princeofcarthage wrote:
zoom wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:Personally, I think it's not only going far away from RE, it's going away from base game itself, if I am right, then no building follows such rule, and this is first of a kind. Those rules in place where to prevent building in first tc premises of opponent.
Firstly, the TCs indeed. Secondly, I don't see why a feature being different is inherently bad, on a personal level.

Well, I am not saying it's bad or good, tbh I am quite unsure of how it works, playing simcity is fun sure( sry for joke but had too ). It just seems meta change rather than balance change cuz it changes the way you play game.
Sure, it is both to an extent.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

lemmings121 wrote:
zoom wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Isn't Sioux played in the exact same way on RE as on EP, only with Teepees? I don't think your last point is applicable at all, here.

I dont think so. In RE sioux is always playing agaisnt the clock, if you take too long to kill the enemy, you will be outscaled in pretty much any mu, now in ep you have some more time to setup a late game, the 'cheaper cavs' that just got buffed is absolutelly never used in Re, not because its bad, but because it takes too long to payof, and sioux wants to finish the game asap.
At the same time, standard RE vs Sioux is rush heavy inf, and thats pretty much impossible to do in ep.

So no, sioux games isnt "exact same way" as in re, they are the most diferent in the entire patch...
I think you misunderstand. I am talking specifically with regards to semi-ffing. I am well aware of other differences. You said "Removing BS old han or immortal aztec explorer is good, but forcing every civ into boomy-semi ff builds is bad."

I don't think that applies.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

HUMMAN wrote:Nice improvements. My humble opinion about tepee range restriction, it may be a solution but not an elegant one. Max auro stack/ logaritmic increase(1 tepee: 5 2 tepee:8 3 tepee: 10 4 tepee:11 so on) can propose other options. I believe there a lot of creative guys in this forum you can handle it.)
We considered that, but it's not possible, according to our top men.
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

Buckethead are so OP.. :)
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
No Flag Pride
Crossbow
ESO: i_have_pride

Post by Pride »

BucketHead the Brazilian diamond xD
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

zoom wrote:It isn't that you missed anything. It's that you reply disregarding facts put forward. Arguing with you is impossible, because you are completly incapable of seeing any other perspective than your own absolutist one. I never asked or expected you to be positive.

Amen
No Flag ramsey101
Crossbow

Post by ramsey101 »

Hmm, the new update 4.2.0 will not install. It downloads fine then gives an error.

Some help please
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

What error? How are you installing, from the exe installer?
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
No Flag ramsey101
Crossbow

Post by ramsey101 »

Please see the link below for the error message

https://1drv.ms/w/s!AjXnLFbRTL-wkWbmjD080OSy5irZ
No Flag ramsey101
Crossbow

Post by ramsey101 »

I am installing it from the patch launcher.exe
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Hmm, try to disable your antivirus software (if you have any) and run the installer as administrator.
No Flag ramsey101
Crossbow

Post by ramsey101 »

this is the new error i am getting after installing C++ 2013

https://1drv.ms/w/s!AjXnLFbRTL-wkWgyKMQBDNXwCjt1

help anyone
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Yeah, this is almost surely caused by an antivirus program.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

I’m a bit late here, but gotta love the orchards fix! Good job!

Spain elviejocapitán
Crossbow
ESO: elviejocapitán

Post by elviejocapitán »

Hi, im new here in ESO community, I've seen this patch, but i have a question, if i install this patch, could i play with other players in ESO, as usually I do? Or only with eso community members?
I dont understand how the patch changes some parameters in the game but this patch only somepeople have it and other gamers does not have it.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

elviejocapitán wrote:Hi, im new here in ESO community, I've seen this patch, but i have a question, if i install this patch, could i play with other players in ESO, as usually I do? Or only with eso community members?
I dont understand how the patch changes some parameters in the game but this patch only somepeople have it and other gamers does not have it.

Hi!

After installing the patch, you will be able to launch either the unpatched version of the game or the ESOC Patch version. By default, the installer creates the additional icon on your desktop for the ESOC Patch version.

Then, you have to launch the same version of the patch as the people you intend to play with.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Can we have something like the red highlighting that orchards now have for docks as well. It's really frustrating dropping docks some times and would be a great quality of life change.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

elviejocapitán wrote:Hi, im new here in ESO community, I've seen this patch, but i have a question, if i install this patch, could i play with other players in ESO, as usually I do? Or only with eso community members?

You can still play on ESO, but only with others that have the patch installed. For lobbies that don't have the patch installed, it will say =/= EP in front of the lobby name.

This thread is a great place to start playing EP on ESO.