ESOC Patch 4.2.1 released with 'Failed to Connect to ESO servers' fix!

Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

ESOC Patch 4.2.1 released with 'Failed to Connect to ESO servers' fix!

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Update: hotfix 4.2.1.1 released to fix IP address issues for some users. Download links below have been updated.

Introduction

Hello everyone! Today we've got sort of an emergency update coming out with some big changes behind the scenes. The main issue which triggered this release is an ongoing login problem with ESO, caused by the https://eso.com site being unreachable. Downloading the newly released update 4.2.1.0 will allow you to get back onto ESO using any of the bundled ESOC patches, including the standard ESOC Patch, ESOC Treaty Patch and XPMOD. For most people, getting on one of those patches is currently going to be the only way to connect to ESO and play games there. There is no known information about when will a fix come for the official version of the game. Update: MS announced fix should be available in a time frame of days.

What's the ESOC Patch?
If the ESO login fix is what brought you here, the ESOC Patch is a fan-made patch that has a lot more to offer than just improved multiplayer connectivity. It also features balance tweaks curated by the game's top players, 30+ new maps, and some anti-cheat mitigations. Stick around here or join our Discord server to find more EP players.

Getting the update

1. If you have a previous version installed, you can simply run the EP launcher and auto-update should have you covered.
2. If you're installing for the first time, download the exe installer.
3. If you cannot do either of the above for some reason, download the zip package and unpack it manually into your AoE3 installation folder.

Full list of changes follows.

EP 4.2.1.0
changelog since EP 4.2.0.0

All ESOC custom patches
- Removed https://eso.com status check from ESO login process, thus allowing players to log onto ESO while https://eso.com is down.

Launcher
- Added support for decompressing updates in LZMA/7zip format, allowing for a substantially reduced download size of future updates (-64%).
- Default Release Channel switched from "Production 2" to newly created "Stable".
- Remove HIGHDPIAWARE compatibility flag from all custom executables, as it seems to cause lag for some players.
- Release Channel should now persist upon downloading an update from a different channel than the default. This prevents the confusing message offering a "downgrade" immediately when switching to Beta channel.

Details on Release Channel change

This update is meant to lay the groundwork for easier development of future updates and to improve the updating process for users. 4.2.1.0 is aimed to be the final update released on the "Production 2" Release Channel, which has been in use since EP2. Further updates are to be released on new channel "Stable". A short FAQ on what does this mean:

What will be the effects of changing the Release Channel?
At least EP 4.2.1.0 will be required to receive further automatic updates, which means a currently outdated version might need a two-step update to get on the latest version. For example, a user launching old EP3 will first be prompted to download & install 4.2.1.0, after which the user will be prompted once again to download whichever the current version is. If you keep your EP up to date, you will not notice any difference.

So, do I need to do something special to get this update or continue getting automatic updates?
No, the process remains automatic. EP 4.2.1.0 will simply start using the new default channel on its own.

Why is this happening?
In order to change the compression algorithm of released updates, we must force older EP installations to first update to such a version that supports decompressing given algorithm. Otherwise, an attempted automatic update from a version older than 4.2.1.0 directly to a version newer than 4.2.1.0 would fail to decompress the update files, leaving the user with no choice but to download and install the latest version manually.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Re: ESOC Patch 4.2.1 released with ESO login fix!

Post by tedere12 »

Thanks!
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

EAGLEMUT wrote:All ESOC custom patches
- Removed http://eso.com status check from ESO login process, thus allowing players to log onto ESO while http://eso.com is down.

That's actually great. I believe that problem counts for a good part of disconnections from ESO.
Image Image Image
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

the only reliable way to log in is through an ESOC patch
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Eaglemut best mut. I've said that before and I'll say it again!
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

She deserves a bigger role, damnit!
No Flag solaire
Crossbow
ESO: solaire_

Post by solaire »

I know this error is beneficial for esoc user base. But to give people the choice to fix the game without the patch I found out how:
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=14405
Colombia dyreck000
Crossbow
ESO: dyreck000

Post by dyreck000 »

I just wanna thank to the people that made this patch, since today im playing it and i like it, makes me fun and enjoy the game. now the goal, as community, is bring more people to this mode.

PD: sorry if my english is not understandable enough xD
No Flag Master2139
Crossbow

Post by Master2139 »

This patch did indeed fix the login fix but i thought thats all it did i didnt realize you started fucking with balancing the game legit the sioux were unbearable to play i quit my match the second i saw that i couldn't build my fucking teepee's too close to each other and that they dont even boost defense stats but gathering. My cards are fucked too, foot soldiers can build war buildings is gone and now only build teepee's which is useless in combat. This shits dumb. Im just going to wait for steam to fix the issue on the real game because this patch is just worthless. cy@
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

@Master2139 the teepees still boost defense and within an even longer range (double range, in fact), so they are very useful for combat. The gathering boost is in addition to that.
The login issue is also not on Steam side, so they can't do anything.
Turkey skyborue
Crossbow
ESO: skyborue

Post by skyborue »

Im playıng on steam, ı cant connect eso. When can ı login dude? any ıdea??
No Flag FurryBurger
Crossbow
ESO: FurryBurger

Post by FurryBurger »

How does this work with steam versions?
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

Master2139 wrote:This patch did indeed fix the login fix but i thought thats all it did i didnt realize you started fucking with balancing the game legit the sioux were unbearable to play i quit my match the second i saw that i couldn't build my fucking teepee's too close to each other and that they dont even boost defense stats but gathering. My cards are fucked too, foot soldiers can build war buildings is gone and now only build teepee's which is useless in combat. This shits dumb. Im just going to wait for steam to fix the issue on the real game because this patch is just worthless. cy@

The patch has been around a long time, and was always intended to make minor balance changes. We happened to throw in a fix for this particular ESO bug along with this update to help some people out.

If you want to get back online without the patch, check out this thread: http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=303087#p303087
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by musketeer925 »

FurryBurger wrote:How does this work with steam versions?

ESOC Patch works just fine with the Steam version of the game.
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by musketeer925 »

skyborue wrote:Im playıng on steam, ı cant connect eso. When can ı login dude? any ıdea??

When Microsoft, who runs the game, will fix issues is currently unknown.

The patch in the first post of this thread does get you back online, but is a fan-made patch with minor balance changes, maps, and some anti-cheat features included. If you want to get back online on the official version of the game, you can follow the steps in this thread.
Turkey skyborue
Crossbow
ESO: skyborue

Post by skyborue »

I did but doesnt work. I add 3 times but ıt dıdnt save ıt..
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

skyborue wrote:I did but doesnt work. I add 3 times but ıt dıdnt save ıt..

You have to make sure the hosts file save with .file extension and for that you need to open and save the file with administrator privileges since you are a editing a file in operating system drive
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
United States of America wasabikamikaze
Crossbow
ESO: Wasabikamikaze

Post by wasabikamikaze »

How does the ESOC patch work? Can you only play with other players who have the ESOC patch and can you only see the players who have the patch, online? Does it work like a different game from the Vanilla?
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Whats the ETA for next balance patch?
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by musketeer925 »

wasabikamikaze wrote:How does the ESOC patch work? Can you only play with other players who have the ESOC patch and can you only see the players who have the patch, online? Does it work like a different game from the Vanilla?

You have to play with other people who are on the patch. However, installing the patch simultaneously installs it with the game, so you can choose which to launch (similar to Vanilla vs TAD). One difference is that when in the game browser, you will see both games from EP and from TAD, and will be unable to join TAD games on EP and EP games on TAD. On EP, you'll see a "≠EP" on non-EP games in the browser.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Atomiswave wrote:Whats the ETA for next balance patch?
As a guess, strictly, weeks.
France Blek_Banksy
Crossbow
Donator 01
ESO: Blek_Banksy

Post by Blek_Banksy »

My EP doesn't work :'(
Well it works, I can see my fps in game or rotate my buildings but I can't launch the game from the ep launcher
Do you guys know how to deal with it?
ps : I suck in informatic
No Flag jsi711
Crossbow

Post by jsi711 »

so why does the patch also alter the game and nerf French, I also hear japan is nerfed with patch? why isnt the game log in fixed and the game kept the way it is? if you dont like rocket launchers in halo there isnt a patch that takes it out? id rather not play the patch and keep my civs the way the game was intended.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Because the EP does not exist primarily to fix a temporary issue of ESO's that occured years after its invention. Also, I'm sure the game was always intended to be unbalanced with shit maps. Enjoy!
No Flag jsi711
Crossbow

Post by jsi711 »

if you don't want to play with a civ don't. let people play the game the way it is. if the game is unbalanced and shit maps, maybe its not for you? don't let the door hit u on the way out