ESOC Patch 4.2.1 released with 'Failed to Connect to ESO servers' fix!

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Re: ESOC Patch 4.2.1 released with ESO login fix!

Post by Garja »

let the people play the way they like it. make the correct choice. gtfo
Image Image Image
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

zoom wrote:Because the EP does not exist primarily to fix a temporary issue of ESO's that occured years after its invention. Also, I'm sure the game was always intended to be unbalanced with shit maps. Enjoy!

Lack of strategy, improvisation, critical thinking among other things is probably a better term for unbalanced.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

jsi711 wrote:so why does the patch also alter the game and nerf French, I also hear japan is nerfed with patch? why isnt the game log in fixed and the game kept the way it is? if you dont like rocket launchers in halo there isnt a patch that takes it out? id rather not play the patch and keep my civs the way the game was intended.

Then stay on RE, do we give a shit?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

princeofcarthage wrote:
zoom wrote:Because the EP does not exist primarily to fix a temporary issue of ESO's that occured years after its invention. Also, I'm sure the game was always intended to be unbalanced with shit maps. Enjoy!

Lack of strategy, improvisation, critical thinking among other things is probably a better term for unbalanced.
Oh, absolutely. RE balance is swell!
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

jsi711 wrote:if you don't want to play with a civ don't. let people play the game the way it is. if the game is unbalanced and shit maps, maybe its not for you? don't let the door hit u on the way out
Who is not letting people play the game the way it is, in spite of it being shit? It's funny how you like unbalance and shit maps simply because they are the status quo. I'm sure you were opposed to public education and women's voting rights, too.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

@jsi711 how about you don't fucking spread random lies around, do you think that would be possible?
In your own words "maybe its not for you? don't let the door hit u on the way out". Perhaps rather follow up on that instead of doing this, it's just disgusting.
Attachments
jsi7 spreading lies.JPG
Panama cluchau
Crossbow
ESO: MoSalah

Post by cluchau »

Hello,
I installed the patch, opened each version of the game and launch it via the patch but I still have two problems.

1. Every time I try to join a game I get a "Fail to join". I've tried changing settings of the firewall and router, via the DMZ and Port Forwarding but the error remains.

2. When I launch the game via the patch, my screen starts flickering. I have no problem when I launch it with Steam.
No Flag jsi711
Crossbow

Re: ESOC Patch 4.2.1 released with 'Failed to Connect to ESO servers' fix!

Post by jsi711 »

that post says that you hired me to shut down eso lol, damn I wish I was that good. but I think where that comes from is the 3v3 lobby I was in where a couple captains were saying that EAGLEMUT shut down eso forcing people to use his patch. I mean hey idk anything is possible right? ive herd it a few times today, people hosting lobbies all day protesting eaglemut.
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

cluchau wrote:Hello,
I installed the patch, opened each version of the game and launch it via the patch but I still have two problems.

1. Every time I try to join a game I get a "Fail to join". I've tried changing settings of the firewall and router, via the DMZ and Port Forwarding but the error remains.

2. When I launch the game via the patch, my screen starts flickering. I have no problem when I launch it with Steam.

Are you joining EP games when you are on EP? You can only join games that are also hosted on the patch?
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

is the only way to get on ESO thru EP atm?
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

jsi711 wrote:that post says that you hired me to shut down eso lol, damn I wish I was that good. but I think where that comes from is the 3v3 lobby I was in where a couple captains were saying that EAGLEMUT shut down eso forcing people to use his patch. I mean hey idk anything is possible right? ive herd it a few times today, people hosting lobbies all day protesting eaglemut.

That is explicitly false information. There’s no evidence to back that up and it makes zero sense.

When ESO logins were down eagle personally investigated the problem and found a solution. We should all be giving him praise and thanks for that and feel humble that he is helping us. Without community members like him there wouldn’t be anyone logging in right now.

With all the weird rumors going around I want to make it clear. We want the game to be accessible to as many people as possible. That includes RE. We shared the outage with Microsoft and helped the community work around it as best we could.

Big thanks again to @EAGLEMUT for identifying the issue and pushing a quick EP option so we could all keep playing. It also let us share key information with Microsoft to get a fix faster.

ESOC knows we can’t get large scale adoption of ESOC patch because most players are not aware of ESOC / not serious enough to invest energy into the patch. Furthermore it’s hard to get games because not all the users are moved to EP at once. It doesn’t matter how good the patch is, it’s a distribution issue.

When AOE3 DE is released we are hoping for fixes to all the server issues (invite spammer taking down servers and issues like the eso.com outage). We also hope Microsoft will support the game again including balance updates and fixes.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

IAmSoldieR wrote:is the only way to get on ESO thru EP atm?

All is back to normal now it seems.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

There won't be a DE
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

lordraphael wrote:There won't be a DE

Nor an AoE IV. This shit is already scrapped.
No Flag jsi711
Crossbow

Post by jsi711 »

_H2O wrote:
jsi711 wrote:that post says that you hired me to shut down eso lol, damn I wish I was that good. but I think where that comes from is the 3v3 lobby I was in where a couple captains were saying that EAGLEMUT shut down eso forcing people to use his patch. I mean hey idk anything is possible right? ive herd it a few times today, people hosting lobbies all day protesting eaglemut.

That is explicitly false information. There’s no evidence to back that up and it makes zero sense.

When ESO logins were down eagle personally investigated the problem and found a solution. We should all be giving him praise and thanks for that and feel humble that he is helping us. Without community members like him there wouldn’t be anyone logging in right now.

With all the weird rumors going around I want to make it clear. We want the game to be accessible to as many people as possible. That includes RE. We shared the outage with Microsoft and helped the community work around it as best we could.

Big thanks again to @EAGLEMUT for identifying the issue and pushing a quick EP option so we could all keep playing. It also let us share key information with Microsoft to get a fix faster.

ESOC knows we can’t get large scale adoption of ESOC patch because most players are not aware of ESOC / not serious enough to invest energy into the patch. Furthermore it’s hard to get games because not all the users are moved to EP at once. It doesn’t matter how good the patch is, it’s a distribution issue.

When AOE3 DE is released we are hoping for fixes to all the server issues (invite spammer taking down servers and issues like the eso.com outage). We also hope Microsoft will support the game again including balance updates and fixes.

awe, that's great. all that was ment by my comment was that its not something I was spreading. but right over your head. also funny you think you guys are taking full credit for talking to Microsoft about it, I'm sure nobody else complained lol. anyone pushing the patch as a solution was not helping anyone. lets take an already small community and split it in half great idea.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

jsi711 wrote:anyone pushing the patch as a solution was not helping anyone. lets take an already small community and split it in half great idea.

There was no known solution before we released the patch solution. Just none, no one could reliably log in and no one even knew why. I figured out that the reason is eso.com being down and released the fixed patch along with an explanation here as soon as possible. Then EP was the only known way to reliably log in and people all over the world obviously started using it so they could play at all. Then later we figured out another alternative solution for all game versions by editing a configuration file of the OS, we posted that here as well.

If we, ESOC, would have done nothing, how many people do you think would have played on ESO during the outage? Do you think there would have been more and that they would've been less split? If so, you are just completely delusional.
Furthermore, the "community split" argument makes even less sense when you consider that for this brief time period of about two days, the community was more united on a single patch than ever since nilla. 83.76% of recorded 1170 matches on Monday were all played on the same patch, which made finding lobbies similarly easy as any other day when there's twice as many matches going on but they're all split between nilla/RE/EP. We'll probably not see something like that again until AoE3:DE, if even that.

I don't know why I even reply to you constructively after all the shitty misinformation you've spread around to try and damage me or ESOC, but maybe I've put this in simple enough terms for you to finally understand.