User avatar
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
Posts: 2127
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

04 May 2018, 14:57

Image

The master of 14
Fourteen civilizations, thirty-one maps and two players!
It might be one of the biggest challenges that you have ever seen. Who of two players will be able to beat the other with 14 civilizations?
He has to be a mastermind. With each game, out of a best of 27, one map will disappear, as well as one civilization for each player!
Be ready to watch an exhausting match. Who might drop a game first? Who will be the first one out of mental resources to keep his mastermind on top of the strategy!



So how does this works?

We have fourteen Age of Empires civilizations. The first player able to win a game with each of the 14 civilizations will win the BO27.
Each player can pick any civilization of his choice, as long as he didn't win a game with that civilization yet.
The ESOC map pool give us thirty-one maps. The loser can pick a map. Each map can only played once, so they need to be careful about their picks!

Let's get the rules shortly here together:
- The first match will always be played on Adirondacks
- Players will agree on a matchup. If they can't find a matchup, it will have to be a blind pick
- after the first game, the loser picks the map first and then the winner picks his civilization
- each player can only play a civilization once, until he win a game with the picked civilization



And thats it!

The first players will be the water-boy _H2O vs conqueror of the dic*. NO, I mean dicktator alias conquerer999.
You can watch it on ESOCTV live this Saturday at 18.30 GMT!

Now you ask yourself:
Wait, it's a bo27, will they play it all in one hop?
YES! Both agreed to this and we hope that the players and the casters will have the endurance!

Don't forget to tune in https://www.twitch.tv/esoctv
Casters are: Kaiserklein and Queenofdestiny
spoiler
shit juice :hmm:
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
Posts: 2361
ESO: Octanium

04 May 2018, 15:00

I wonder if it can finish in one go :hmm:
Image
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger
Posts: 3436

04 May 2018, 15:02

InSAnE
User avatar
India gh0st
Lancer
Posts: 908
ESO: gh0st007
Location: India

04 May 2018, 15:18

Ashvin wrote:I wonder if it can finish in one go :hmm:

pray4mitoe
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
Posts: 2361
ESO: Octanium

04 May 2018, 15:21

gh0st wrote:
Ashvin wrote:I wonder if it can finish in one go :hmm:

pray4mitoe

Yeah, playing all day on the birthday sucks
Image
User avatar
Malawi princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor
Posts: 3424
ESO: Princeofcarthage
Location: Milky Way!

04 May 2018, 16:07

Ashvin wrote:
gh0st wrote:
Ashvin wrote:I wonder if it can finish in one go :hmm:

pray4mitoe

Yeah, playing all day on the birthday sucks

@Ashvin I challenge you to bo 27 Grudge match lets see who is the best Indian atm to play this game Keepo
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
Posts: 2361
ESO: Octanium

04 May 2018, 16:13

princeofcarthage wrote:
Ashvin wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Yeah, playing all day on the birthday sucks

@Ashvin I challenge you to bo 27 Grudge match lets see who is the best Indian atm to play this game Keepo

But I don't play more than 4 civs :(
Image
User avatar
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
Posts: 2127
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

04 May 2018, 16:15

Ashvin wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes

@Ashvin I challenge you to bo 27 Grudge match lets see who is the best Indian atm to play this game Keepo

But I don't play more than 4 civs :(

It dosent matter if you can play them or not!
when i played in the noobchampion also could play only 3 civs ^_^
shit juice :hmm:
User avatar
Malawi princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor
Posts: 3424
ESO: Princeofcarthage
Location: Milky Way!

04 May 2018, 16:17

Ashvin wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes

@Ashvin I challenge you to bo 27 Grudge match lets see who is the best Indian atm to play this game Keepo

But I don't play more than 4 civs :(

even I can't more than 5-6
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
User avatar
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
EWTNWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
Posts: 4938
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

04 May 2018, 16:17

Well I can play more than 14 civs.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
Posts: 2361
ESO: Octanium

04 May 2018, 16:19

Mitoe wrote:Well I can play more than 14 civs.

FREEDOM civ?
Image
User avatar
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
Posts: 2127
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

04 May 2018, 16:20

Mitoe wrote:Well I can play more than 14 civs.

Cheater!
spoiler
shit juice :hmm:
User avatar
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
Posts: 2410
ESO: lemmings121

04 May 2018, 16:36

is it "The master of 14" or "Bo27 brazillian style" ? huehuehue.

glhf, nice to see some good players trying this out.
Image
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
Posts: 2361
ESO: Octanium

04 May 2018, 16:41

princeofcarthage wrote:
Ashvin wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Yeah, playing all day on the birthday sucks

@Ashvin I challenge you to bo 27 Grudge match lets see who is the best Indian atm to play this game Keepo

I nominate @rsy and @gh0st
Image
User avatar
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
Posts: 9314
ESO: Funnu
Location: New_Sweland

04 May 2018, 17:17

kool!
User avatar
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
Posts: 10043
ESO: Pezet
Location: Poland

04 May 2018, 17:39

who needs tilanus for graphics anymoar! amazink
After all... :?
User avatar
Argentina AraGun
Dragoon
Posts: 494
ESO: AraGun_OP
Location: Buenos Aires

04 May 2018, 17:50

How is each player only able to play a civ once? What if mitoe loses with spain? He can never pick spain again and not be ever able to win with spain :hmm:
I think the rules need to be revised here.. Would be better if each player can play a civ until they win a game thus giving the advantage to the one who can win the first time with the civ while the one not able to do so has the option to repeat the civ until he wins.
User avatar
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
EWTNWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
Posts: 4938
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

04 May 2018, 17:53

Only able to win* with a civ once. So if you lose with a civ you can continue to play it until you win. I could potentially go 13-0 with all civs and then lose 14 games with Otto, for example
User avatar
Argentina AraGun
Dragoon
Posts: 494
ESO: AraGun_OP
Location: Buenos Aires

04 May 2018, 17:56

Mitoe wrote:Only able to win* with a civ once. So if you lose with a civ you can continue to play it until you win. I could potentially go 13-0 with all civs and then lose 14 games with Otto, for example

Rules state use a civ once not win should be revised.
User avatar
Norway iwillspankyou
Gendarme
iwillspankyouDonator Best
Posts: 7505

04 May 2018, 18:25

the person who wins this challenge, surely knows his ago of empires civs. I really love the idea. If there are going to be some further games, and maybe a tournament? This is one that I could feel the "urge" to contribute to :ugeek:
Good news :P
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
User avatar
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
Posts: 3420
ESO: Snuden
Location: x666 HQ

04 May 2018, 18:29

Hmm...
36: This herd, was not herded correctly towards his town center
User avatar
Malawi princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor
Posts: 3424
ESO: Princeofcarthage
Location: Milky Way!

04 May 2018, 18:31

Ashvin wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes

@Ashvin I challenge you to bo 27 Grudge match lets see who is the best Indian atm to play this game Keepo

I nominate @rsy and @gh0st

I want to play vs you though,
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
Posts: 9028
Location: Paris
GameRanger ID: 5529322

04 May 2018, 18:52

AraGun wrote:
Mitoe wrote:Only able to win* with a civ once. So if you lose with a civ you can continue to play it until you win. I could potentially go 13-0 with all civs and then lose 14 games with Otto, for example

Rules state use a civ once not win should be revised.


The first player able to win a game with each of the 14 civilizations will win the BO27.
Each player can pick any civilization of his choice, as long as he didn't win a game with that civilization yet.
breeze wrote:yeah facts are facts, and you are BAD.
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Playing Aztec is a 10% handicap
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
User avatar
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
Posts: 4613
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

04 May 2018, 19:12

Kaiserklein wrote:
AraGun wrote:
Mitoe wrote:Only able to win* with a civ once. So if you lose with a civ you can continue to play it until you win. I could potentially go 13-0 with all civs and then lose 14 games with Otto, for example

Rules state use a civ once not win should be revised.


The first player able to win a game with each of the 14 civilizations will win the BO27.
Each player can pick any civilization of his choice, as long as he didn't win a game with that civilization yet.

It doesn't say that in the actual 'rules' though, which is probably what he is talking about.
User avatar
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
Posts: 2127
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

04 May 2018, 19:27

edeholland wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:
Show hidden quotes


The first player able to win a game with each of the 14 civilizations will win the BO27.
Each player can pick any civilization of his choice, as long as he didn't win a game with that civilization yet.

It doesn't say that in the actual 'rules' though, which is probably what he is talking about.

I changed it.
Im sorry that it wasnt so clear. But now it should be :flowers:
shit juice :hmm:

Forum Info

Return to “News”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest