User avatar
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
Posts: 5874
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

09 Dec 2018, 14:26

Image
ESOC New Year’s Classic

ESOC is proud to announce the next in the great line of AoE3 events, the ESOC New Year’s Classic. This tournament, unlike the previous seasonal events and invitational events, will feature a hybrid style where the field is limited to the top 32 players that choose to participate (see rules post for seeding guidelines). Also, this tournament will revive one of the most popular weekend tour rules: MONO-CIVILIZATION. That’s right, get your main civilization ready to duke it out over five weeks on a variety of seasonal map styles. In the weekend tours, we saw Mitoe take down the tournament with Japan. Who will reign supreme this time? We will find out when the tournament starts on December 24th. Signups are open now, and will close on December 22nd. All the players must choose their civilization by the final day of sign-ups, and can do so by PM’ing @QueenOfdestiny. The tournament will feature a $400 prize pool (thank you to all the donators!), and as always, can be watched live on twitch.tv/ESOCTV.

P.S. For those who read this and are thinking, I am not going to make the top 32, don’t worry! We will be hosting a lower bracket featuring the same set-up for players who don’t qualify for the main event. Sign-up as you normally would for the main tournament if you wish to participate regardless of which bracket you are seeded into.
Image
User avatar
United States of America Cometk
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 6013
Location: California

10 Dec 2018, 02:08

i, for one, will be playing iroquois in this tournament. future opponent, you can begin preparing now for when i defeat you with my iroquois
Image
User avatar
India Challenger_Marco
Howdah
Posts: 1762
ESO: challenger_marco
Location: John Deree

10 Dec 2018, 04:04

@urmom69 Please participate!!
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
Posts: 2361
ESO: Octanium

10 Dec 2018, 04:25

Challenger_Marco wrote:@urmom69 Please participate!!

Lol, who dis?
Image
User avatar
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
Posts: 3422
ESO: Snuden
Location: x666 HQ

10 Dec 2018, 04:27

What are my chances of getting in?
I am currently ranked 1297 on EP (right below Hazza)
Attachments
Rank.png
Rank.png (7.4 KiB) Viewed 1574 times
36: This herd, was not herded correctly towards his town center
User avatar
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
EWTNWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
Posts: 4955
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

10 Dec 2018, 04:45

Daaaamnn I'm only 2 spots above that.

I thought I was doing pretty good too :(
User avatar
India Challenger_Marco
Howdah
Posts: 1762
ESO: challenger_marco
Location: John Deree

10 Dec 2018, 05:27

Ashvin wrote:
Challenger_Marco wrote:@urmom69 Please participate!!

Lol, who dis?

IrishFaithful
User avatar
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
Posts: 11539
Location: USA

10 Dec 2018, 06:24

Cometk wrote:i, for one, will be playing iroquois in this tournament. future opponent, you can begin preparing now for when i defeat you with my iroquois
its cute you think ur top 32 when according to elo the account Cometk is pr0
User avatar
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
Posts: 3422
ESO: Snuden
Location: x666 HQ

10 Dec 2018, 08:45

Mitoe wrote:Daaaamnn I'm only 2 spots above that.

I thought I was doing pretty good too :(

Are you saying that I am not doing good? :devil:
36: This herd, was not herded correctly towards his town center
User avatar
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
Posts: 2127
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

10 Dec 2018, 11:44

Update: now we have a banner!
shit juice :hmm:
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
Posts: 2361
ESO: Octanium

10 Dec 2018, 11:49

lol I read that 'banner' boner.
Image
User avatar
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
Posts: 2127
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

10 Dec 2018, 11:52

Ashvin wrote:lol I read that 'banner' boner.

Maybe this banner make this.... :hehe:
shit juice :hmm:
Vietnam Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
Posts: 7328
ESO: PrinceofBabu

10 Dec 2018, 11:59

Snuden wrote:What are my chances of getting in?
I am currently ranked 1297 on EP (right below Hazza)

Im so lucky to be above daddy snuden
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
Posts: 2361
ESO: Octanium

10 Dec 2018, 12:34

Hazza54321 wrote:
Snuden wrote:What are my chances of getting in?
I am currently ranked 1297 on EP (right below Hazza)

Im so lucky to be above daddy papa snuden

FTFY
Image
User avatar
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
Posts: 5874
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

10 Dec 2018, 12:46

hopefully the General shows us how to Spain @Hazza54321
Image
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 8477
ESO: Garja

10 Dec 2018, 12:49

Very nice. Fix lag and I may participate.
Image

Image
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
Posts: 2361
ESO: Octanium

10 Dec 2018, 12:55

I thought you knew, Age of Empires III is a peer to peer game meaning no connection to eso servers exist while you play the game, which means that possibility of lag depends solely on you or your teammate or the casters (if any). Lag can't be fixed by ESOC staff, so I don't know what you are talking about. Unless of course, your message is to the entire community in which case I'm very confused as to why you'd think they'd listen to you.
Image
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja
Posts: 13004

10 Dec 2018, 12:56

Suggestion: Add a wide map pool with 2-3 bans each player
No player on his right mind is going to play otto/iro if he is not able to veto the all non-tp maps.
Vietnam Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
Posts: 7328
ESO: PrinceofBabu

10 Dec 2018, 13:05

Especially when he can play india
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
Posts: 9083
Location: Paris
GameRanger ID: 5529322

10 Dec 2018, 13:13

Ashvin wrote:I thought you knew, Age of Empires III is a peer to peer game meaning no connection to eso servers exist while you play the game, which means that possibility of lag depends solely on you or your teammate or the casters (if any). Lag can't be fixed by ESOC staff, so I don't know what you are talking about. Unless of course, your message is to the entire community in which case I'm very confused as to why you'd think they'd listen to you.

He means casted games lag. And I have to agree with him that it's often too laggy.
Btw, if the invite spammer can spam you while you're in game so that you'll be kicked off ESO once out of game, there has to be some sort of connection to ESO, right? Just curious
breeze wrote:yeah facts are facts, and you are BAD.
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Playing Aztec is a 10% handicap
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
User avatar
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
Posts: 5874
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

10 Dec 2018, 13:44

somppukunkku wrote:Suggestion: Add a wide map pool with 2-3 bans each player
No player on his right mind is going to play otto/iro if he is not able to veto the all non-tp maps.


I think Otto could be quite good on this pool. There’s only one non tp map that doesn’t have strong water as an option.
Image
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
Posts: 2361
ESO: Octanium

10 Dec 2018, 13:58

Kaiserklein wrote:
Ashvin wrote:I thought you knew, Age of Empires III is a peer to peer game meaning no connection to eso servers exist while you play the game, which means that possibility of lag depends solely on you or your teammate or the casters (if any). Lag can't be fixed by ESOC staff, so I don't know what you are talking about. Unless of course, your message is to the entire community in which case I'm very confused as to why you'd think they'd listen to you.

He means casted games lag. And I have to agree with him that it's often too laggy.
Btw, if the invite spammer can spam you while you're in game so that you'll be kicked off ESO once out of game, there has to be some sort of connection to ESO, right? Just curious

Yeah, you're right. Afaik, there are some periodic keep-alive requests which check if the is in progress and if not, it updates the result of the game. And some people exploit this, you know how.
Image
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 8477
ESO: Garja

10 Dec 2018, 14:15

Ashvin wrote:I thought you knew, Age of Empires III is a peer to peer game meaning no connection to eso servers exist while you play the game, which means that possibility of lag depends solely on you or your teammate or the casters (if any). Lag can't be fixed by ESOC staff, so I don't know what you are talking about. Unless of course, your message is to the entire community in which case I'm very confused as to why you'd think they'd listen to you.

Exactly. So make so that casters don't add lag. Up to you how to do that.

As for maps. Last tourney fixed set was good. Just change the set and keep one map veto.
Image

Image
User avatar
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
Posts: 5874
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

10 Dec 2018, 14:52

There’s a special seasonal map set. Big thanks to @dicktator_ for his help
Image
User avatar
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
Posts: 9314
ESO: Funnu
Location: New_Sweland

10 Dec 2018, 17:47

Hazza54321 wrote:Especially when he can play india
Did no one involved realize that this is the most unfortunate time possible, to run a mono-civ event, or were they ignored? Regardless, it worries me. I only wish you had realized it, or compensated for failing to by communicating with anyone who might have helped you do so.

I quite like the format itself, though, and wish the tournament every bit of succecss. I'll definitely be tuning in!

Forum Info

Return to “News”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest