Age of Empires 3 LAN Tournament Announced!

Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Re: Age of Empires 3 LAN Tournament Announced!

Post by bobabu »

Method_man714 wrote:
bobabu wrote:If I can, I will come to the event. Just got to get my girlfriend to come and more importantly get her to cheer for @Hazza54321

I didnt know the state paid well enough for you to be able to afford a flight

Ofc they have to pay for it, it',s for educational purposes.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Tbh, this shouldn't have been scheduled to take place in the UK, because after Brexit, you might need a visa.

It's possible that there will be maybe a 1-year transitional period during which passports will be mutually recognised. But probably starting from the next year, there will be some kind of visa to travel to the UK and from the UK to Europe.
Great Britain ListlessSalmon
Skirmisher
ESO: ListlessSalmon

Post by ListlessSalmon »

Dolan wrote:Tbh, this shouldn't have been scheduled to take place in the UK, because after Brexit, you might need a visa.

It's possible that there will be maybe a 1-year transitional period during which passports will be mutually recognised. But probably starting from the next year, there will be some kind of visa to travel to the UK and from the UK to Europe.

Presumably its in the UK because that is where the organisation running it is based because that is where they live?

OP wrote:Escapeaoe is going to host a LAN tournament for AoE3 where 8 players will battle it out in a competition without lag. This will be happening from the 11th of july until the 14th of july, in their studio in Manchester

So criticising the scheduling of that feels a bit dumb.

Obviously brexit things could conceivably negatively impact things, but there are quite a lot of countries from which you wouldn't need a visa to visit the UK (America and Japan off the top of my head), so I wouldn't expect there to be a problem (though the UK government is pretty dumb so one can't rule it out).
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

A travel visa should still be easy to get, no?
Any time I went on vacation outside of Europe it was necessary but it was usually just some form that you filled out in the plane or at the destination airport before going through customs.

Only for trips to the US I had to do something (ESTA) before departure.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Well the studio is in the UK, which is probably why they want to host the tournament there as well.

From what I have read, you won't need a visa from/to the EU if you just visit for a short time. But I guess anything can still change until may.
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

edeholland wrote:Well the studio is in the UK, which is probably why they want to host the tournament there as well.

From what I have read, you won't need a visa from/to the EU if you just visit for a short time. But I guess anything can still change until may.

Where did you guys stay for the night the last time. In which hotel? Is it a good one or do you know any others nearby that are good?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

If I come ill be staying with hazza's mum
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

bobabu wrote:
edeholland wrote:Well the studio is in the UK, which is probably why they want to host the tournament there as well.

Where did you guys stay for the night the last time. In which hotel? Is it a good one or do you know any others nearby that are good?
I stayed in hotel Escapeaoe, in Inters room. There were plenty of other guests, so there are probably loads of recommendations for hotels nearby from them.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

If Brexit get's cancelled or freedom of movement between EU states and England stays as easy, I might consider coming
Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Post by Interjection »

We'll put together a document outlining all the nearby near hotels and transport links :)
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

I wanna participate. I already have the best strategy against @Hazza54321. I think I'll punch his beer with some vodka, offer him free drinks and wait until he has 3 % permille. He won't notice the taste change at all. After that, I will play against him. I might stand a chance, it will still be close though if he isn't gonna fall into a coma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8CFhaoi11Y
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Where can we sign up for the drunk aoe3 tournament?
Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Post by Interjection »

jesus3 wrote:If Brexit get's cancelled or freedom of movement between EU states and England stays as easy, I might consider coming

If Brexit get's canceled I'll buy everyone a beer with the value I gain from GBP spiking

Even if Brexit happens though a transition period of two years is very likely so traveling to/from should remain unchanged during the event.

Unless we crash out without a deal, in which case I'll need you all to buy me many drinks :uglylol:
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

momuuu wrote:Where can we sign up for the drunk aoe3 tournament?

ri ght now fam u kno whrre the home is man lets g o
Norway oxaloacetate
Dragoon

Post by oxaloacetate »

Method_man714 wrote:Would like to see @britishmusketeer @oxaloacetate then it will be a party

ye boiii
We watched the tragedy unfold
We did as we were told
We bought and sold
It was the greatest show on earth