Sweden Challe
Musketeer
ESO: Challe

13 Feb 2019, 09:35

XeeleeFlower wrote:Okay, chill with the patch discussion stuff. Let's be happy and celebrate this special tournament together. I'm really looking forward to meeting you all!

Important question: Who's going to be my drinking buddy since @somppukunkku won't be there :cry: ? It seems @Challe may be a contender, but can he keep up with me?

Pfft, I'd outdrink any day in the week! ;)
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

13 Feb 2019, 09:51

Kids, alcohol is bad for you
Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
XeeleeFlower wrote:I don't mind open endings as long as the story continues at some point
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
ESOC Media Team
ESO: mr_bramboy

13 Feb 2019, 09:59

No one ever proved that.
Netherlands Veni_Vidi_Vici_W
Lancer

13 Feb 2019, 11:24

Very nice to see this work out. Good to use double elimination and very clearly explained with all the details as well, good job.

Map pool seems interesting, allows for diversity indeed. Though would have preferred to see a little bit of a different order (current top half vs bottom half, one or two maps of the bottom half should be used earlier ;))
Age Of Empires 3 Videos - GamePlay, Commentary & Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/venividiviciw
Age Of Empires 3 Live Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/venividivici_w
Brazil Likansing
Musketeer
ESO: Likansing

13 Feb 2019, 11:50

Congrats to the team that work to make it happen!

Will be amazing to watch the games.
Brazil Likansing
Musketeer
ESO: Likansing

13 Feb 2019, 11:51

Veni_Vidi_Vici_W wrote:Very nice to see this work out. Good to use double elimination and very clearly explained with all the details as well, good job.

Map pool seems interesting, allows for diversity indeed. Though would have preferred to see a little bit of a different order (current top half vs bottom half, one or two maps of the bottom half should be used earlier ;))

Please go play! We love you man.....
United States of America IAmSoldieR
Howdah
Donator 03
ESO: SoldieR

13 Feb 2019, 14:36

Will there be a random map set for tourney maps?
India rsy
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: Rsy
GameRanger ID: 665696

13 Feb 2019, 14:38

If it's beer we're talking I'll outdrink anybody and everybody. If it's hard liquor, fuck I'll still beat yo asses. Too bad I'm not gonna end up being there tho :sad:
Great Britain Interjection
Lancer
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

13 Feb 2019, 14:41

@IAmSoldieR I think that would be a good idea!

Would help people ranking up/practising wanting to use random maps
No Flag ovi12
Jaeger

13 Feb 2019, 14:50

God I just really hope this EP motivation thing works. If it works out well it will cause a flurry of activity on EP. But I’m worried that some people like blackstar, H2O, or samwise will not heve enough time in just a few weeks to het their EP elo in the top. Oh NVM they just have to get into top 65, not top 8.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Great Britain Interjection
Lancer
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

13 Feb 2019, 14:54

It's not challenging to get into the top 64 (and even then it's the top 64 sign ups)
No Flag ovi12
Jaeger

13 Feb 2019, 15:10

Interjection wrote:It's not challenging to get into the top 64 (and even then it's the top 64 sign ups)

Nice, then I hope domeone lets them know now so they dont find out on the last day :D
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

13 Feb 2019, 15:30

Should probably use a combination of old elo and EP elo, considering the potential for old players to come back for the tournament but not wanting to grind rated games just to qualify. It would be a shame if some random pr30 player is seeded into the tournament over, say, Sam.
That, or have open qualifiers.

Full disclosure: I say this partly out of self interest.
Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
XeeleeFlower wrote:I don't mind open endings as long as the story continues at some point
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme
ESO: KTRAlN

13 Feb 2019, 15:32

XeeleeFlower wrote:Okay, chill with the patch discussion stuff. Let's be happy and celebrate this special tournament together. I'm really looking forward to meeting you all!

Important question: Who's going to be my drinking buddy since @somppukunkku won't be there :cry: ? It seems @Challe may be a contender, but can he keep up with me?

I'll be there
and the giving famishes the craving
sweet thames, run softly, til I end my song

The shepherd's staff's tantalus around my neck

when I had the mind, I hadn't the skill
now I have the skill, I haven't the mind
United States of America XeeleeFlower
ESOC Community Team
Donator 10

13 Feb 2019, 15:36

SirCallen wrote:

I'll be there
REALLY?????!!!!! :love: :love: :love: You want to visit NL too?
My posts represent my views and may or may not represent the views of ESOC as a whole.

I love good methamphetamine; highly addictive.
Germany Cometk
ESOC Media Team
ESO: DJ_Cometk

13 Feb 2019, 15:42

Goodspeed wrote:Should probably use a combination of old elo and EP elo, considering the potential for old players to come back for the tournament but not wanting to grind rated games just to qualify. It would be a shame if some random pr30 player is seeded into the tournament over, say, Sam.

consider playing on EP as the first qualifying stage ^^ open quals would be very difficult to pull off with double elim, would be a scheduling nightmare
Tuvalu gibson
Gendarme

13 Feb 2019, 15:44

i mean realistically you probably have to get to 1650 elo to make top 64, so you just have to win what like 2 games to get to that?
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

13 Feb 2019, 15:45

Can always just start with group stages to get it down to 64, then start the double elim. But what's wrong with combining old elo with EP elo?
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
EWT - PlayoffNWC LAN Top 8
GameRanger ID: 5529322

13 Feb 2019, 15:46

Cometk wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:Should probably use a combination of old elo and EP elo, considering the potential for old players to come back for the tournament but not wanting to grind rated games just to qualify. It would be a shame if some random pr30 player is seeded into the tournament over, say, Sam.

consider playing on EP as the first qualifying stage ^^ open quals would be very difficult to pull off with double elim, would be a scheduling nightmare

What's the argument against mixing jap elo in though
Micro tricks

LoOk_tOm: I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..

Germany Cometk
ESOC Media Team
ESO: DJ_Cometk

13 Feb 2019, 15:51

Kaiserklein wrote:
Cometk wrote:

What's the argument against mixing jap elo in though

i don’t find a mix of ep/jp elo to be totally disagreeable (i even proposed it as the seeding method for a different event) but one argument against it is that the patch that the tournament is going to be played on is 6 iterations away from the metagame that jp elo is measuring.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

13 Feb 2019, 15:56

Any differences in skill (or EP knowledge in this case) that are not covered by that will be covered by the bracket itself. There's no way you're going to end up with the wrong top 8 player only because they were wrongly seeded in by having a high Jap elo.
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
EWT - PlayoffNWC LAN Top 8
GameRanger ID: 5529322

13 Feb 2019, 16:20

@Cometk That's true but on the other hand it's a much older elo so a bit more reliable in that regard (you don't simply get to top jap elo by winning a handful of games, unlike ep elo) and old pros already have a high jap elo
Micro tricks

LoOk_tOm: I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..

Holy See Imperial Noob
Dragoon
ESO: M1Karox/ImperialNoob

13 Feb 2019, 16:22

Scroogie wrote:
Interjection wrote:
Scroogie wrote:This is awesome! Unfortunately i will have exams at this time :(

Exams in July WutFace

That's the german semester for ya. :/

Stop complaining, a REAL German has exams till September

Btw. what a great tournament!
If bored or sad, check my Incredible Artillery Show to cheer yourself up! :biggrin:
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11543
France kami_ryu
Retired Contributor
ESO: kami_ryu & incognoto
Location: Denver, CO, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster

13 Feb 2019, 16:47

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Pretty sure I can keep up with a female :D

famous last words.
seed & germination
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888

13 Feb 2019, 16:51

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Pretty sure I can keep up with a female :D
There is probably one you can keep up with, yeah. The search continues.

@Interjection Nice map descriptions, they seem a bit more adventurous and exciting than the in-game descriptions.

Forum Info

Return to “News”