THE NEW WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP - Sign Ups Now OPEN!

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Re: NEW WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP - Sign Ups Now OPEN!

Post by Garja »

Single weak is clearly a much better frequency for decay. Then you can decide how many points.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Pr decays after a week when you're over pr30 iirc
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

bwinner1 wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:It just sucks that I feel like playing anyone isn't worth it. Playing literally anyone will result in me inevitably losing elo at the end of the day. Or well, "literally anyone" as in "literally anyone who will play rated vs me"...

Edit: besides hazza and soldier, to be fair. But that's just cause they're nice and don't cherry pick

if you lose elo to anyone, how are you rated nb 2 on the ladder ? did you take everything vs hazza and soldier ? :hmm:

If u check his elo it answers your question
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Hazza54321 wrote:
bwinner1 wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:It just sucks that I feel like playing anyone isn't worth it. Playing literally anyone will result in me inevitably losing elo at the end of the day. Or well, "literally anyone" as in "literally anyone who will play rated vs me"...

Edit: besides hazza and soldier, to be fair. But that's just cause they're nice and don't cherry pick

if you lose elo to anyone, how are you rated nb 2 on the ladder ? did you take everything vs hazza and soldier ? :hmm:

If u check his elo it answers your question

the answer is that he is in fact winning elo vs almost anyone^^ which is normal since he wins games, but there is nothing to complain about really, he wins most so he is top spot, that's the only thing elo is supposed to show, right ?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

The answer is that my elo is dropping if I'm not winning like more than 90% of my games. And that I could be sitting at basically 2000 elo now if I just cherry picked and then played unrated like some people do, instead of playing against people who join my lobby (which is how it's supposed to work). Inactivity is rewarded, unless you're some kind of aoe god who never loses a game to a colonel.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Kaiserklein wrote:The answer is that my elo is dropping if I'm not winning like more than 90% of my games. And that I could be sitting at basically 2000 elo now if I just cherry picked and then played unrated like some people do, instead of playing against people who join my lobby (which is how it's supposed to work). Inactivity is rewarded, unless you're some kind of aoe god who never loses a game to a colonel.

I find it perfectly fair that that you need to win 90% of your games to be number 1.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Kind of useless to discuss with you, you just don't get the point. Let's try to make it more simple.
- choice A: get a win streak and sit on top elo for 3 weeks
- choice B: win more than 90% of your games against colonels and top 10 elo guys, and still struggle to stay close to the top elo
Which one sounds easier and more rewarding? And which one sounds rational and healthy for the elo rating accuracy?
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Kaiser may be a stubborn ribbit but hes right
Italy Mosx
Dragoon
ESO: Mosx

Post by Mosx »

If u win against someone elo1600 pr 20 for 100 time How this afflict your elo? @Kaiserklein
op mechanics, op build order :export: :coin: :ugly: :uglylol: :maniac:

https://www.twitch.tv/mosxgr
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Well I'd win 100 elo, but I don't see how that's relevant?

Btw @Development Team it looks like the esoc elo ladder is broken? I've played games but they didn't count
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

@Kaiserklein Sorry, we had some downtime on all services today. Some/all of the games might show up now.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Italy Mosx
Dragoon

Post by Mosx »

if you can beat a pr20 100 times, why not do it, in the end this is the purpose of the game, then play against a lower pr gives him the chance to see and learn and meanwhile you get points and this is elo system, and from what I understand it is created for this and not stop once a certain score is reached, but on the contrary never stop playing and create variety and competitions, something that does not happen because between 30+ there is no equal variety between pr 20 this creates a hole in the system and elo and the death of the game

India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

Mosx wrote:if you can beat a pr20 100 times, why not do it,

Well, it wouldn't be fun for a top player to play(or bash) 100 games against pr20 guy. A couple games could be fine but that many games need a loooot of time and would be wasted because he basically doesn't gain anything from this except 100 elo which is far from worth.
Italy Mosx
Dragoon

Post by Mosx »

gh0st wrote:

Well, it wouldn't be fun for a top player to play(or bash) 100 games against pr20 guy. A couple games could be fine but that many games need a loooot of time and would be wasted because he basically doesn't gain anything from this except 100 elo which is far from worth.

Even for Juventus it is not exciting to play against Milan but in a competition You have to win all the matches even the weakest ones like Milan

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Mosx wrote:
gh0st wrote:

Even for Juventus it is not exciting to play against Milan but in a competition You have to win all the matches even the weakest ones like Milan

You're comparing two professional teams though. Playing against someone 10 pr lower (ie a pr30 when you're pr40) makes sense, although you should always win, playing against someone 10 pr lower would be as if a professional team played against a bunch of amateurs, that wouldn't be fun.
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

Mosx wrote:
gh0st wrote:

except in this case, Kaiser doesn't HAVE to play that.
Italy Mosx
Dragoon

Post by Mosx »

From what I understand this is a bit like A single tournament increases the rank plus the level of the game increases, but being a game based on this system, not playing among all the members of the tournament would be like going against the rules of the system, it is one to say that kaiser or. Rouga stopped playing because they are too strong

Italy Mosx
Dragoon

Post by Mosx »

I would. Play against someone 10 pr higher than me for increase my skill for exemple

Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Mosx wrote:I would. Play against someone 10 pr higher than me for increase my skill for exemple

That's a decent mindset, but most others don't share it cause it's too frustrating for them. Tho you probably don't learn too much from getting rekt by a much better player.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Mosx wrote:I would. Play against someone 10 pr higher than me for increase my skill for exemple

10 pr higher yes, and that's a good mindset. I play with people who are 10 pr lower than. 20 pr lower however is just too much.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Even 10 pr is a lot. Really to win you need a favorable mu with a civ you are comfortable with and your opponent playing a civ he isn't or a lot of luck.
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

Post by amiggo1999 »

Playing vs ppl who are slightly above your lvl (around 3 pr higher) is the best for improving imo. For one you have to play your best to have a good chance of winning. If you lose, chances are you will have a good Idea of why you lost and what specific thing you should try to improve on (e.g. Micro or bo execution), while losing to smb 5+ pr higher can be due to lack of skill and experience in all areas. Also being able to win at least some games gives you more motivation to go on, and you will soon find yourself in a position where your improvement in one Area will reap it's fruits - which won't happen vs smb much higher lvl
Image Image
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Lukas_L99 wrote:

That's a decent mindset, but most others don't share it cause it's too frustrating for them. Tho you probably don't learn too much from getting rekt by a much better player.

you'd learn if you ask the right questions and watch the recs.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

umeu wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:

join the tournament and i'll let you see firsthand how much lukas has grown :chinese:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Cometk wrote:
umeu wrote:
Show hidden quotes

join the tournament and i'll let you see firsthand how much lukas has grown :chinese:

i play him all the time, i know already :P