No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: The Unexpected Events

Post by deleted_user »

lordraphael wrote:
tabben wrote:EP Jokes EleGiggle..

Some feedback:
1. Don't ruin the surprise by making a "warning" post
2. Don't keep it for an entire day on a weekend right before a big tourney is about to begin

Thank me next year

the tourney has already begun. you cant sign up anymore. SO i see no problem with that.

you back Oo me suprised :ohmy: :ohmy:

[spoiler=edit]history repeats itself[/spoiler]
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Hazza54321 wrote:can you not make it only for unr or something , that would at least encourage people to play rated

Two problems with that;
1. the showmatch itself was unr, so would still need an alternative solution
2. currently we don't actually have a way to check whether the game is unr in general, though it's possible to detect FFA
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

lordraphael wrote:
tabben wrote:EP Jokes EleGiggle..

Some feedback:
1. Don't ruin the surprise by making a "warning" post
2. Don't keep it for an entire day on a weekend right before a big tourney is about to begin

Thank me next year

the tourney has already begun. you cant sign up anymore. SO i see no problem with that.

except apparently you could still sign up XD if you're rappamas
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

lol good catch, the Elo he gained during the event didn't count though ;)
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
ESO: tabben

Post by tabben »

did you seriously not remove this yet?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

tabben wrote:did you seriously not remove this yet?

Of course not, it's April Fools right now!
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
ESO: tabben

Post by tabben »

Yea refusing to remove these "features" despite so many ppl requesting you to do so (some ppl also scheduled their tourney games for today) is a pretty big joke. And you managed to pull it off on the actual April Fools day. Well played!
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

I'm sorry but this is the worst thing @EAGLEMUT has made by far

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Well the problem is not the events, but the fact that it coincides with important matches. ESOC should have scheduled the 2 things a bit a better.
Image Image Image
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

EAGLEMUT making so many people look like fools haha, happy April fools fools
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

This is great and a great idea. I think people get a little too annoyed too easily. Maybe better coordination with show-matches down the line or something. but come on, this was so novel
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

It's a funny idea in the first place. But making it optional would've been the better choice as many players want to actually prepare for the qualifier.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

The timing of this is less than optimal, but people are taking this way too seriously imo. If the devs making some funny changes to a fan patch for a 14 year old game for 24 hours is really making you angry, it may be time to reevaluate your life choices.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Papist wrote:The timing of this is less than optimal, but people are taking this way too seriously imo. If the devs making some funny changes to a fan patch for a 14 year old game for 24 hours is really making you angry, it may be time to reevaluate your life choices.

48 hours, and who are you to interfere with how people spend their leisure time? No one is actually angry anyway, but it's annoying. Especially since the majority is fed up with it, and it's still in place. Obviously, the timing has to do with it. Dealing with random imba bs is fun for a few games, then it gets repetitive and boring, and then it just gets frustrating.
Turkey Gafur
Skirmisher
ESO: Gafur

Post by Gafur »

Cant agree more. Play for fun for once ppl jesus.
mentally healthy
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

well you can understand peoples frustration when theres a 4000 dollar tournament on the line, dont know how you miss that part
Turkey Gafur
Skirmisher

Post by Gafur »

Hazza54321 wrote:well you can understand peoples frustration when theres a 4000 dollar tournament on the line, dont know how you miss that part

Bro for just 1 fucking day cmon xD
mentally healthy
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Gafur wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:well you can understand peoples frustration when theres a 4000 dollar tournament on the line, dont know how you miss that part

its for 2 and the scheduling deadline for this week is sunday so no shit people are annoyed, people have even tried to schedule some of their games for today lol
Turkey Gafur
Skirmisher

Post by Gafur »

Hazza54321 wrote:
Gafur wrote:

its for 2 and the scheduling deadline for this week is sunday so no shit people are annoyed, people have even tried to schedule some of their games for today lol

oh didnt know that. Yea ur right on that part. Wish i was a good player to look from competitive perspective. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
mentally healthy
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

umeu wrote:48 hours, and who are you to interfere with how people spend their leisure time? No one is actually angry anyway, but it's annoying. Especially since the majority is fed up with it, and it's still in place. Obviously, the timing has to do with it. Dealing with random imba bs is fun for a few games, then it gets repetitive and boring, and then it just gets frustrating.

I'm not judging people for how they spend their leisure time; I love this game and have poured a ton of hours into it myself. I also agree that the timing was bad, and was likely the result of a lack of communication between the Dev Team and tourney admins. I just wish people would put these things in perspective instead of going nuclear over two days of trolling by the devs.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

The event was planned for over a month before and approved by the tournament admins several weeks in advance. The showmatch was also intentionally meant to be played with April Fools events enabled, only reason it wasn't is because the participants themselves blocked it basically. It should've probably been made more clear that the showmatch won't be on regular EP in the first place, but then again it was supposed to be a surprise.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

As I said, it's fun for one or two games, then it's just lame.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Papist wrote:
umeu wrote:48 hours, and who are you to interfere with how people spend their leisure time? No one is actually angry anyway, but it's annoying. Especially since the majority is fed up with it, and it's still in place. Obviously, the timing has to do with it. Dealing with random imba bs is fun for a few games, then it gets repetitive and boring, and then it just gets frustrating.

I'm not judging people for how they spend their leisure time; I love this game and have poured a ton of hours into it myself. I also agree that the timing was bad, and was likely the result of a lack of communication between the Dev Team and tourney admins. I just wish people would put these things in perspective instead of going nuclear over two days of trolling by the devs.

how is anyone going nuclear though. people are just asking for it to be removed, and tbh, the response is just quite lacking.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

I am not even in the tourny nor playing casually and I cannot believe, this is still ongoing. It should really be disabled as a very large part of the community does not like it. And as Hazza said, there is actually a lot of money involved and you should not make the schedule even tighter for a few laughs
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

It's even still here while I am supposed to play vs flontier...That's really anoying that we probably will have to delay the match (and maybe even to cancel it cuz I won't be able to play during weekend) because of this shit.