Announcing the 2nd Annual WoL Jamboree!

United States of America DayoftheNinja
Skirmisher

Announcing the 2nd Annual WoL Jamboree!

Post by DayoftheNinja »

Make sure to sign up soon - entries for the tournament will close Saturday at 23:59 GMT!

The Wars of Liberty team and streamer Daedralus, in partnership with the ESOC Team, are proud to announce that the Wars of Liberty mod's second official tournament will begin later this month, hosted right here on ESOC! After the great help the ESOC and WoL communities delivered in rebalancing the mod last year, this year the WoL Team are proud to bring our first standard-format tournament!

Signups are open now, with the tournament beginning on May 20th, immediately after the New World Championship Qualifiers end. Be sure to use the time in between to download and learn the unique civilizations, maps, and playstyles included in the Wars of Liberty mod! Details on the civilizations, maps, dates, prizes, and other information will be coming over the next week, so stay tuned!

How to get Wars of Liberty
1. Download and run the Wars of Liberty Installer. (Additional tutorial: viewtopic.php?f=414&t=13327)
2. If you've downloaded the Updater since June 30, 2017, simply run it to make sure your game is up to date! Otherwise, download the Updater and run it. The current version is 1.0.11a, released February 22, 2019. We hope to release one more update no later than May 13th, one week before the tournament begins. Patch notes for that update will be available soon!
3. You should be ready to play!

Prepare for the tournament
Be sure to view the information on the WoL website to read about each civ before playing them. You can also get a look at every WoL civ and some of the maps included in the mod by watching the Official Gameplay Videos on our YouTube channel, which feature nearly every civilization in the mod, or test them out yourself in singleplayer or LAN by downloading fully-levelled Home Cities.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Re: Announcing the 2nd Annual WoL Jamboree!

Post by Challenger_Marco »

hey nice to hear the annoucement! but what are the rules though? ,only WOL civs allowed will be nice ,if already existing civs in tad allowed wont be fun ,coz a pro player can use that civ and simply win easily , so i guess only WOL civs?
:nwc:
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Challenger_Marco wrote:hey nice to hear the annoucement! but what are the rules though? ,only WOL civs allowed will be nice ,if already existing civs in tad allowed wont be fun ,coz a pro player can use that civ and simply win easily , so i guess only WOL civs?

The rules will be posted soon. Given that most of the original civs are drastically redesigned on WoL, the suggestion to ban those civs does not make much sense really.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
Challenger_Marco wrote:hey nice to hear the annoucement! but what are the rules though? ,only WOL civs allowed will be nice ,if already existing civs in tad allowed wont be fun ,coz a pro player can use that civ and simply win easily , so i guess only WOL civs?

The rules will be posted soon. Given that most of the original civs are drastically redesigned on WoL, the suggestion to ban those civs does not make much sense really.

There isnt a drastic change in anything in any civs ,only few things have changed and also it has made some civs more op ,n maybe some weak , i can see a standard tad player winning easily with these civs ,hence it should be banned and it would be more fun, i heard aztecs have become 2 op...
:nwc:
Austria Jerimuno
Advanced Player
ESO: Jerimuno
GameRanger ID: 9241516

Post by Jerimuno »

Oh yeah! gotta get back to this beautiful mod, what a banger
Austria Jerimuno
Advanced Player

Post by Jerimuno »

EAGLEMUT wrote:

Last time Japan has been banned after some degree of absuing that civ lol. If there haven't been changes to the civ since, i assume a ban would be very appropriate.
No Flag Bajoli
Crossbow

Post by Bajoli »

Why on earth would you call it a WOL tournament. Isn't it a missed chance to call it: WOLOLO tournament instead :)?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Jerimuno wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:

Last time Japan has been banned after some degree of absuing that civ lol. If there haven't been changes to the civ since, i assume a ban would be very appropriate.

There have been changes to the civ, supposedly addressing this.

Bajoli wrote:Why on earth would you call it a WOL tournament. Isn't it a missed chance to call it: WOLOLO tournament instead :)?

WoL is the name of the mod; Wars of Liberty.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

Yesh. I just installed it.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Having high level players interact with the WOL mod would also be intersting. And bring publicity to it.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

Anywhere I can read patch notes since last tournament?
Austria Jerimuno
Advanced Player

Post by Jerimuno »

Imperial Noob wrote:Having high level players interact with the WOL mod would also be intersting. And bring publicity to it.

well therre has been one wol tourney before. goes to show how much publicity it gets xd
No Flag uberjz
Dragoon
ESO: WoodPusher

Post by uberjz »

musketeer925 wrote:Anywhere I can read patch notes since last tournament?

http://aoe3wol.com/changelog
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Jerimuno wrote:
Imperial Noob wrote:Having high level players interact with the WOL mod would also be intersting. And bring publicity to it.

well therre has been one wol tourney before. goes to show how much publicity it gets xd

never heard of it xD
No Flag uberjz
Dragoon

Post by uberjz »

It was a year ago I think, mitoe played and swept everybody
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Eh wicked Cossack signed up. He's more familiar with the mod than any other decent player so I expect him to win easy
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

how is that bad? Higher level play is higher level play to watch, even if it's only one player
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by musketeer925 »

@Mitoe stop the Cossack
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Imperial Noob wrote:how is that bad? Higher level play is higher level play to watch, even if it's only one player
it's not bad lol, but I had signed up and was confident I could beat just about anyone if I took the time to nerd some builds, but that's much less likely to work vs wicked.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

gibson wrote:
Imperial Noob wrote:how is that bad? Higher level play is higher level play to watch, even if it's only one player
it's not bad lol, but I had signed up and was confident I could beat just about anyone if I took the time to nerd some builds, but that's much less likely to work vs wicked.

hey, don't give up
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

When is the update going to be released?
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
No Flag uberjz
Dragoon

Post by uberjz »

yesterday the devs said it might be released today, but nobody really knows ^^
No Flag uberjz
Dragoon

Post by uberjz »

United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

Sign ups ended? Can I take the spot of someone if there is a no show in the first round?
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by musketeer925 »

Darwin_ wrote:When is the update going to be released?

it is released