ESOC Patch 6.1.0.0 released with next-generation UHC!

Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

ESOC Patch 6.1.0.0 released with next-generation UHC!

Post by EAGLEMUT »

UHC2

Just over a year after UHC was initially introduced with EP5, we are coming with a massive update to its core. Although UHC has already allowed us to implement many great features, such as timed events or dymanic observer maps based on difficulty, we are really going next level with the abilities we are being granted by UHC2, thanks to the amazing work of @Kevsoft.

Kevsoft, one of the lead developers of Age of Empires Online – Celeste Project, has worked for months on improving the capabilities of UHC, uncovering inner parts of the game engine and introducing new ways to extend their functionality or override them. A few weeks ago, he had contacted me and offered help with implementing specific changes important for the AoE3 community. Today, you will all be able to experience the first improvements we are introducing on ESOC Patch as a result of this collaboration!

EP 6.1.0.0
changelog since EP 6.0.1.0

General
- The team selection in multiplayer game rooms (ESO/LAN) is now sorted logically, and teams 3 & 4 are properly synchronized between all players in the game room when selected.
- Default state of the Free-for-all option in multiplayer game rooms (ESO/LAN) now persists for the host throughout a single game session (until the game is closed)

ESOC Patch general changes
- Replaced the "Play Fast" button in record game UI with a dropdown allowing for a more precise selection of the playback speed factor - effectively allowing for faster playback than which was possible before. Value "1" is equivalent to the default speed, while value "2" is equivalent to the previously available "Play Fast" button. Note that playback speed remains highly influenced by the particular recorded game and by computer processing power. Aizamk's Spectator UI has so far not been updated to include this feature.

ESO game browser
- Added a new filter option to the Filter dialog; "Show games hosted on a different patch". With this option disabled, you will only see games hosted on the same patch as you're on and able to actually join. The option persists only until you leave ESO; the initial state always remains to show games hosted on any TAD-based patch.
- Added a new checkbox option above the game list; "Auto-pest inviters". With this option enabled, anyone who invites you to a custom game will become immediately pested. This option persists throughout a single game session (until the game is closed), disabled by default. The option is meant to alleviate the "invite spam" glitch, possibly making the glitch harder to execute or grant some additional time before it goes through. Absolutely no results guaranteed, previous attempts at this approach had mixed results at best. Note that the pest list has a limited size, which currently remains up to the player to manage.

ESOC Patch map changes
- UIx New England: mine spawn improvements, enlarged lakes.

ESOC Patch & ESOC Treaty Patch bug fixes
- Fixed a bug causing the Sioux Warchief building animation to sometimes not activate.
- Fixed a bug allowing for "knocked out" units (such as downed explorers) to wake up on command at any point by using a hotkey to change their tactics/squadmode.
- The master game sound level will no longer reset to maximum level whenever the game window regains focus.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a building foundation to be built at a much slower speed than intended when the main builder unit's action was suspended in an irregular way (garrison).
- Fixed a bug where garrisoned builders could continue to affect the maximum builder limit of a placed building foundation they were originally tasked on, resulting in less or even no other builders being able to be tasked on the building foundation.

Observer Mode
- The incredible Aizamk's Spectator UI is now bundled with the ESOC Patch installation in all its available resolutions, and automatically activated for players who are spectating a match, according to their current game resolution. If the spectator's game resolution isn't supported, no version of the spectator UI will be activated. The Spectator UI will be automatically activated in live matches as well as while playing back recorded games on a UI-enabled map (working on all post-UI 2.2 maps and post-EP 6.1 recs). The Japanese branch of Aizamk's Spectator UI is also supported in all its resolutions, but requires manually creating file "isjapaneseversion.txt" in the root game folder in order to activate it in place of the English one.
- The "minimized UI" game option will now become automatically enabled while observing, in order to ensure no display issues with the spectator UI. Upon leaving the match, this option will be returned to its original state in the case it's been force-switched. This should allow for seamless observing even for users who prefer maximized UI during regular gameplay.
- The "Sandbox" difficulty setting no longer acts as an Observer Mode activation on UIx maps, and will not influence the map spawn. Instead, we are introducing a separate checkbox option "Observer Mode" to act in its place, available only in multiplayer lobbies (ESO/LAN). The new option is properly synchronized between players in a game room, and its default state will persist for the host throughout a single game session (until the game is closed).
- Whenever a "team observer mode" game room is joined by a player, default teams as appropriate for the Observer Mode logic will be preselected for all players in the game room. For these purposes, a "team observer mode" game room is defined as a room with 4 or more players, FFA disabled, and Observer Mode enabled. With 4 to 6 players, 2v2 tvb is assumed. With 7 to 8 players, 3v3 tvb is assumed. Observers are placed on team 3.
- The amount of experience received for deleted units/buildings is no longer affected by the number of observers in a match. Players will now always receive the full bounty award as if there were only two opposing teams.

Diplomacy / Locked Teams
- Retired previous diplomacy implementation logic in favor of a more native one through UHC2. Diplomacy will no longer be automatically activated in FFA games and custom triggers used to activate Diplomacy in scenarios should no longer be used, although they remain functional for the time being; to preserve compatibility.
- Diplomacy can now be toggled using the "Locked Teams" option in ESO/LAN multiplayer game rooms, as is common in other Age games. Since AI players are not currently able to utilize this feature intelligently, it is not made available in singleplayer Skirmish.
- The "OK" and "Cancel" buttons have been brought back onto the Diplomacy UI window and now function as expected. Changes will not take effect until confirmed by the "OK" button.
- Diplomatic stance change notifications have been reimplemented natively, instead of using inefficient triggers. This should solve any performance concerns and make these notifications work out of the box even in scenarios.
- The Diplomacy feature is now also included in the ESOC Treaty Patch.

ESOC Patch Launcher
- The UHC library file is now versioned for the purposes of record game compatibility; this release introduces a separate version with breaking changes for the first time. The Recorded Games Recognition tool should allow for seamless playback of older recorded game files, even if those matches feature bugs fixed directly through UHC, such as "slow build" mentioned earlier.

ESOC UHC Plugin
- Foreign plugins in the game folder are now allowed and no longer detected by anti-cheat. ESOC Patch executables will now only ever load the ESOC UHC Plugin itself, as defined by a new UHC configuration option.

ESOC Map Pack installer
- Reflected changes to Observer Mode; compatible maps generated for use outside of ESOC Patch environment should remain functioning same as before.
- Fixed an issue that would cause an unwanted folder name to be appended to the destination path whenever a non-default path was selected.

ESOC Patch installer
- Fixed an issue that would cause an unwanted folder name to be appended to the destination path whenever a non-default path was selected.
- The installer will now verify whether the destination path contains a TAD executable (age3y.exe), rather than a vanilla executable (age3.exe), in order to proceed with the installation.

Additional notes

- All listed changes are also in effect on the ESOC Treaty Patch, unless stated otherwise.
- The bundled version of Aizamk's Spectator UI is functionally equivalent to the initial UI 2.2 release, as of now.
- If you currently have Aizamk's Spectator UI manually installed, you will still need to uninstall it in order to get on the regular game UI. Unless you are intending to observe games not played on the environment of ESOC patches, you should not need to install it again.
- Game resolution for Aizamk's Spectator UI is decided upon match start, and will not react to further resolution changes applied during the course of a match. The game resolutions supported by Aizamk's Spectator UI are:
  • 1920 x 1080
  • 1680 x 1050
  • 1600 x 900
  • 1366 x 768
  • 1280 x 800
  • 1280 x 768
  • 1280 x 720

Credits

- @Garja for changes to UIx New England
- @mandosrex for supplying the fix for Sioux Warchief building animation
- @Aizamk for providing his wondrous Spectator UI
- @Kevsoft for all his work on UHC2 and help with implementing all the initial changes

Download

1. If you have a previous version installed, you can simply run the EP Launcher and auto-update should have you covered.
2. If you're installing for the first time, download the exe installer.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Re: ESOC Patch 6.1.0.0 released with next-generation UHC!

Post by Riotcoke »

This is amazing, thanks for the hard work guys!

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Post by Interjection »

Amazing!

Particularly looking forward to not having to un/install the UI everytime. @Kevsoft & @EAGLEMUT are absolute heroes!

I also spawned the new New England a good few times and @Garja has done an incredible job! It's now spawns 3 evenly distributed mines on each side everytime (as well as the bonus island mine and your starting mines). Superb work.

Looking forward to trying out the speed feature for recorded games, this might make casting from recs possible 8-)
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우슀

Post by n0el »

God level patch here. Thanks to everyone for their hard work!!!
mad cuz bad
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Gorgeous, seems like a lot of problems that have been affecting the game for a long time in a major way are now gone. You've come a long way, the EP can certainly feel like the definitive edition!
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
ESO: tabben

Post by tabben »

My game crashed twice when trying to join a lobby on EP. I blame EP. Please help out

Edit: Seems i'm not the only one experiencing this
Spain pérez
Pro Player
ESO: PĂ©rez

Post by pĂ©rez »

ye it happens the same to me @tabben send help plz
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

@tabben @pérez make sure you are not using a custom ESO UI, as that would mean your game is missing the new options. In particular check your "data" subfolder in the AoE3 installation location and delete any/all of the following files: uimpesogamelist.xml, uimpesogamesetuppage2.xml, uiMPGameSetupPage.xml
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Spain pérez
Pro Player

Post by pĂ©rez »

i just totally uninstalled and reinstalled the game and the EP and sitll not working :( @EAGLEMUT and i dont have these documents i shoulda delete just in case i had them
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

pérez wrote:i just totally uninstalled and reinstalled the game and the EP and sitll not working :( @EAGLEMUT

Well, and did you check for the files? They aren't part of the install/uninstall process so this should normally not affect them.

To make sure you're looking in the correct folder, you can check it contains "stringtable.xml" (don't delete this).
Spain pérez
Pro Player

Post by pĂ©rez »

oh thank u very much big @EAGLEMUT i love ya. no homo btw 21
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

I'm registering an issue where sometimes the host becomes unable to select Observer Mode on ESO. Relogging onto ESO without restarting game seems to resolve the issue for the time being.
Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Post by Interjection »

Looks like the autopest feature worked wonders today! Bought me a few extra seconds to get into the match on an alt
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze

Post by tabben »

Nice job!

Just a tiny remark, the reworked speed function for watching recorded games doesn't feel very smooth. The dropdown (instead of a button) is just quite annoying when wanting to switch speed numerous times. Also the speed settings above '1' and '2' seem kinda redundant anyways.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

I have 1920x1080 res but UI doesn't work properly in rec games (icons etc. all bug). Also the button for UI says 2.1a, am I missing something?
Image Image Image
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Garja wrote:I have 1920x1080 res but UI doesn't work properly in rec games (icons etc. all bug). Also the button for UI says 2.1a, am I missing something?

I think UI 2.1a is the latest version if I remember correctly from the Spectator UI thread. Aiz did make UI 2.2 but at the moment it's only available in Japanese.

@EAGLEMUT correct me if I'm wrong.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Interjection wrote:Looks like the autopest feature worked wonders today! Bought me a few extra seconds to get into the match on an alt

That's very good to hear! Honestly I didn't have much faith in it.

tabben wrote:Nice job!

Just a tiny remark, the reworked speed function for watching recorded games doesn't feel very smooth. The dropdown (instead of a button) is just quite annoying when wanting to switch speed numerous times.

I agree, but don't know how to design it better.
Also the speed settings above '1' and '2' seem kinda redundant anyways.

I think it's mostly useful for when you want to seek into a late point in the game to see something. In that case it can be quite valuable and save you time, especially in long games.

Garja wrote:I have 1920x1080 res but UI doesn't work properly in rec games (icons etc. all bug).

Is it an EP 6.1 rec? Do you mean it looks like wrong UI resolution is loaded? Not sure what could be the cause here.
Also the button for UI says 2.1a, am I missing something?

The button has always been labeled "2.1a" since UI 2.2 release by Aizamk, it's probably an oversight but I didn't make any changes to Aizamk's code.
Austria Kevsoft
Retired Contributor

Post by Kevsoft »

I just wanna say that I am glad that everything went well, beside the one or the other small issue. UHC2 not only benefits ESOC but also for research and improvements regarding AOEO given that both are based on the same engine. So I'd say it is a win for both communities.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Image Image Image
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

Kevsoft wrote:I just wanna say that I am glad that everything went well, beside the one or the other small issue. UHC2 not only benefits ESOC but also for research and improvements regarding AOEO given that both are based on the same engine. So I'd say it is a win for both communities.

Thank you for your help
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze

Post by tabben »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
tabben wrote:Nice job!

Just a tiny remark, the reworked speed function for watching recorded games doesn't feel very smooth. The dropdown (instead of a button) is just quite annoying when wanting to switch speed numerous times.

I agree, but don't know how to design it better.
Also the speed settings above '1' and '2' seem kinda redundant anyways.

I think it's mostly useful for when you want to seek into a late point in the game to see something. In that case it can be quite valuable and save you time, especially in long games.

Couldn't you keep the button and have it play the speed selected from the dropdown when pressed? That way it's still easy to switch speed often (like before) while also possible to play recordings at very high speed (useful like you said for skipping through parts in longer games).
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Looks like EP broke the game again...
:chinese:

This seems great. Thank you so much for all your work, guys!
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

EP 6.1.0.1 HOTFIX
changelog since EP 6.1.0.0

Bug fixes
- Fixed a possible client crash upon joining a multiplayer game room or receiving a custom game invite.