Retired Contributor

Two Town Tourney Tomorrow! Brackets & Tournament Projections

Post by Cometk »

>> Tournament Bracket <<
Tune in this Sunday, June 23rd at 15:00 GMT
for the
$206 Two Towns Tournament!

Image North West Section Image

Topping off our bracket is the Mighty Mr. @Mitoe himself, who was established last week as our Underused Champion and anointed leaderboard-leader for the season so far. @optimusprime and @risi321, Middle-Seed Welterweights and Maschinist Masterclass, will have a fierce undercard bout just one slot below before facing the Canadian Striker in the Round of 16. On the other side of the pond we have @Lukas_L99, who, having completed his Zen training in the scenic mountain valleys of Parallel Rivers, will step up to face Sir Kabuliford the III @princeofkabul, the hulking beast of Panjshir. While Lukas has been proving himself a challenger on ladder, just how many Hadoukens will it take to defeat the everlasting gains of tip-top 8 Kabuli? Mitoe is expected to take the upper half by storm but might certainly meet some scuff from one of these two players should he let his guard down.

Image North East Section Image
Turbo @tabben, fresh off a semi-finals finish in the UU Cup, takes Seed #4, to not many surprises. Gib in: @GiBthedurrty, revered Bōei practitioner won't have a walk-over this time meeting @TheNameDaniel in the Round of 32, a player who, taking a page out of the Book of #TT, is a bright up-and-comer and should be expected to give a good showing. Sinun ei pitäisi tuhlata aikaa ajattelemalla - @deleted_user2, kunkku of the shady swedes, offers up another heavy hitter to this section, occupying Seed #5. Never-tilted-just-saving-time @Jerimuno will be the man to beat for Brasiliero Herói Revelado @Kickass_OP in the Round of 32, with the winner meeting Somppu "Simuna" Kunkku in the next match.

Image South West Section Image

@Kaiserklein and student of Kaiserklein @bwinner represent the hot French kiss fantasy on this side of the bracket. But such a reverie will only be fulfilled if bloser botto btop8 bSometimesBeatsRaphael defeats notorious nilla boy @theonlybaus, the South African (?) native looking for his best tournament finish yet (and trust me he's got the skill to prove it.) The fruity frenchmen will eventually meet the victor of the Legendary Showdown of Sultans, the Round of 16 match between #1 mechanics @iamturk and #1 walls @deleted_user5, a battle that pits yarak vs yarak for the definitive claim of Authority of Anatolia. I'm hard-pressed to pick a favorite.

Image South East Section Image
The indomitable (unless your name is Mitoe) @lordraphael will be Seed #3 for this event, but is never a slouch. Let's hope Chicago Slugger SoldieR (fka @SoldieR) and fellow American representatives @Vinyanyérë, @dicktator_, and @giveuanxiety don't make this look like landing day at Normandy in the wake of Raffa Supreme's terror. Also punching in on this side of the bracket will be Dark Horse @yurashic, his first tournament appearance after an almost year-long hiatus from Age. He's a bit of a rusty Ruskie but he still has Lt Col skills and will be meeting Franco Chevalier @flontier for their Round of 32 appearance.

The tournament stream and first round matches will begin Sunday, June 23rd at 15:00 GMT on both ESOCTV & EscapeAoE. Be there or be square!
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: Two Town Tourney Tomorrow! Brackets & Tournament Projections

Post by deleted_user0 »

I repeat myself once more: I really think we have to do something with ottomans before this.

They felt very op in practice and on paper. Double eco without any disadvantages. Tomorrow tournament is going to be only ottomans, especially when its mostly bo1s and bo3s.
I'm expecting completely boring 1-civ tournament.

It's not "quite good" on this mode. It's completely op. You even save 100w when you dont' have to build a house.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

In bo1:s it's going to be 100% otto mirror.
In bo3s: 2 games with otto or otto mirror in the beginning.

Who doesn't pick otto is a total fool.
I really hope this warning is taken seriously.
Not that it's not fair but otto mirrors are also extremely boring.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

It depends on the map pool. Of course on High Plains you'd be a fool not to pick Otto. On no TP maps or Kamchatka however, I'm not sure Otto is the best civ.
I think that CM for instance is a great way to counter Otto.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:It depends on the map pool. Of course on High Plains you'd be a fool not to pick Otto. On no TP maps or Kamchatka however, I'm not sure Otto is the best civ.
I think that CM for instance is a great way to counter Otto.

I think you underestimate how fast ottomans are with decent eco. You probably FF almost same time as many civs hit colo, if they keep spamming vills from 2 TC.

Also keep in mind that for example the 50w mosq up now helps both TCs. And you save 100w not making a house.
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
ESO: Mameluké

Post by Mameluke »

Maybe just ban Ottoman from every game.

Or IF its possible make their villager production same as other civs with 100f and change mosque upgrades regarding to this a bit.
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

yeah ban otto from this tourney, or ban them from bo1's
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Otto are not that OP on normal map. That is fine.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

bwinner1 wrote:Otto are not that OP on normal map. That is fine.

This message was sponsored by: Bwinner's Botto™
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by Sargsyan »

BWINNER :DDD
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

Post by bwinner »

somppukunkku wrote:

You just get an opinion from 2 games. I did more test than that on SmackDown patch and Otto didn't seem especially OP. Moreover it is well known that you should never get clonclusion about civ strength from a game where aiz was playing.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

bwinner1 wrote:
somppukunkku wrote:

You just get an opinion from 2 games. I did more test than that on SmackDown patch and Otto didn't seem especially OP. Moreover it is well known that you should never get clonclusion about civ strength from a game where aiz was playing.

I just watched gibson's stream where he almost won Tabben by making jan-gren.
At the best, he was outscoring by 30 (140-110) before any battle even happened. Even made a house on age 1.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

Post by bwinner »

somppukunkku wrote:
bwinner1 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

At the best, he was outscoring by 30 (140-110) before any battle even happened. Even made a house on age 1.

"almost win" :roll:
do you think this is a serious argument ?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

bwinner1 wrote:
somppukunkku wrote:
Show hidden quotes

How significant are Bwinner's Botto™ arguments? And "various tests on smackdown patch" :hmm: :hmm:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

But don't worry! I felt the same when they sexually abused my children and took 10hp away from them!
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

ottos the best civ and its honestly not really close
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

dansil92 wrote:Otto with 2 tc of free vills? Forward shipment point for free? Cant imagine that will go unused ;)

;-)
Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Post by Interjection »

Hey guys, just to be sure, Ottoman WILL be banned from play in the tournament tomorrow. That means that if any games are played with Ottoman they will be invalid. In addition, all 1st round matches will begin at 15:00 GMT. Thanks!

[spoiler=tags]@BrookG

@TheNameDaniel
@optimusprime
@Jerimuno
@princeofcarthage
@kaister
@dicktator_
@Riotcoke
@risi123
@bwinner
@Lukas_L99
@EAGLEMUT
@yurashic
@Djigit
@deleted_user2
@Mameluke
@Mitoe
@Vinyanyérë
@Zeke
@deleted_user5
@tabben
@Kaiserklein
@Kickass_OP
@md500
@Turki
@flontier
@SoldieR
@theonlybaus
@giveuanxiety
@GiBthedurrty
@iamturk
@princeofkabul
@supernapoleon
@turtlecaesar
@Paul312
@JackGaming[/spoiler]
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

somppukunkku wrote:
bwinner1 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

How significant are Bwinner's Botto™ arguments? And "various tests on smackdown patch" :hmm: :hmm:

I played several games against bwinner's otto and they didn't feel op at all, even though he had builds prepared and I didn't. I haven't watched the showmatch series yet, but from my experience, ottos aren't even that good. They're essentially even more all in now because shipments and stagecoach are less relevant and they still get their vils half as fast as other civs. On top of that the extra tc helps opponent to defend.

Don't forget training vils pays off in 2 min lol. It's not like civs are slower than usual, they're faster. And you also get 100w from the extra tc, for instance you can go tp as a euro civ on 200w start without needing to chop for the house until later on.

I'll watch your series and see if I change my mind though
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

@bwinnner in shambles
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by Sargsyan »

Bwinner probably played bad on purpose :uglylol:
United States of America GiBthedurrty
Lancer
Donator 01
Clan: YumiW

Post by GiBthedurrty »

xD
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah after watching otto doesn't feel that good to me. Obviously it was good on high plains but that's just one map. I don't understand the ban
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..