ESOC Patch 6.1.1.0 released with multiplayer save/restore!

Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Re: ESOC Patch 6.1.1.0 released with multiplayer save/restore!

Post by EAGLEMUT »

EP 6.1.1.1 HOTFIX
changelog since EP 6.1.1.0

General
- File transfer start and completion is now announced in multiplayer (ESO/LAN) game room chat to the local player for all of Scenarios/Maps/Savegames.

Bug fixes
- Fixed a client crash upon joining a non-restored LAN multiplayer game room.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent players from joining a restored LAN multiplayer game room.
- Fixed an issue where players could ready up in a restored multiplayer game room (ESO/LAN) before the savegame file transfer was completed. This would result in an error when attempting to launch the game.
No Flag Suliman
Crossbow
ESO: BigFatSam

Post by Suliman »

Save game works when it's only real players. If you have players vs computer, you can't start the game. As in the players can join the game room and click ready, but the computer only appears as "Open," you can't see them or click ready for them, so the game never starts.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Suliman wrote:Save game works when it's only real players. If you have players vs computer, you can't start the game. As in the players can join the game room and click ready, but the computer only appears as "Open," you can't see them or click ready for them, so the game never starts.

That is correct, and it should've been noted somewhere. Restoring multiplayer games with AI players is not currently functional, but we can take another look into it.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

EP 6.1.1.2 HOTFIX
changelog since EP 6.1.1.1

ESOC Patch map changes
- UIx ESOC Global Warming: improved map balance (guaranteed 3rd hunt, added one extra hunt total).
No Flag olivm
Crossbow

Post by olivm »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
Suliman wrote:Save game works when it's only real players. If you have players vs computer, you can't start the game. As in the players can join the game room and click ready, but the computer only appears as "Open," you can't see them or click ready for them, so the game never starts.
That is correct, and it should've been noted somewhere. Restoring multiplayer games with AI players is not currently functional, but we can take another look into it.
Thanks all for this great work !
Reloading a LAN game with AI players is the feature I would love to have. Any plans to have it someday ?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

olivm wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:
Thanks all for this great work !
Reloading a LAN game with AI players is the feature I would love to have. Any plans to have it someday ?
Good news! I took another look into this today and after a couple hours managed to get restored games with AI players fully functional. The fix will be included in next release of EP/UHC2 (expected to be EP7 at this point).
No Flag olivm
Crossbow

Post by olivm »

I'm excited by the idea of testing it :)
Thanks for your concern and efforts !
No Flag olivm
Crossbow

Post by olivm »

EAGLEMUT wrote:The fix will be included in next release of EP/UHC2 (expected to be EP7 at this point).
Hello !
Is it available in v7 beta3 ? It doesn't seem to work yet.
Thx !
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

olivm wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:The fix will be included in next release of EP/UHC2 (expected to be EP7 at this point).
Hello !
Is it available in v7 beta3 ? It doesn't seem to work yet.
Thx !
Indeed, it should work on EP7 Beta3. Let me know what's happening if you still have issues, on the beta.
No Flag olivm
Crossbow

Post by olivm »

EAGLEMUT wrote:Indeed, it should work on EP7 Beta3. Let me know what's happening if you still have issues, on the beta.
I was back on the old behavior.
Now I get it : when running beta3, the launcher told me there was an update, I clicked ok, but in fact it has brought me back to stable version :oops:
It seams ok, then, great :biggrin:
No Flag olivm
Crossbow

Post by olivm »

Hello !
Save/Restore in LAN with AI is great, I love it, as we can pause long games.
One thing can be improved (beta 3) : when restoring a stored game, the unit groups from the host player are OK but the groups from the joining players refer to the host player units. The joining players have to re-assign all their groups.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

olivm wrote:Save/Restore in LAN with AI is great, I love it, as we can pause long games.
That's good to hear! :love:
olivm wrote:One thing can be improved (beta 3) : when restoring a stored game, the unit groups from the host player are OK but the groups from the joining players refer to the host player units. The joining players have to re-assign all their groups.
This is actually changed now on beta 4, so that all players start with all the groups cleared out (removed), which should make it a little less awkward. Unfortunately, it is unlikely we'll be able to improve it further, so that each player would retain their proper groups.