After several updates and some time, EP7 is finally ready for release.
Armageddon is upon us! Can you imagine Aztecs shipping 6 Coyote Runners instead of 5!? Can you imagine Chinese being more balanced; Germans and Iroquois being nerfed; improved treasure balance; minor natives occasionally seeing use; not being able to scout Japanese by inspecting its deck; TP-dependent civilizations being less unviable on 0TP maps—Sioux not stacking ten Teepees on top of its starting Town Center every single game!? Can you picture the madness!?!?
Oh, woe is Garja… this is truly the end of the world as we know it!
I am looking forward to continuing improving the patch, according to your reception. I simply believe that things with considerable upside should be given a fair chance, instead of being dismissed without one. In this endeavour, minimizing bias – whether negative or positive, in nature – is key. Please try to keep an open mind, and play without prejudice. That is the next step.
In the mean time, I want to give great credit to ESOC's amazing developer team (including Eaglemut and Kevsoft), as well as Kaiserklein and Mitoe for their effort to balance treasures, on top of everyone else who helped in any way (not least in terms of feedback). Thank you all for your patience and support!
P.S. Please refer to my comments for insight on some notable changes
changelog since EP 18.104.22.168
unless specified otherwise, game changes apply to all of ESOC Patch / ESOC Treaty Patch
- Implemented new option in graphics settings for toggling high-detail cliffs independently from other high-poly models. As detailed cliffs are particularly known to cause significant frame-rate drops in certain cases, this option allows you reduce their impact on performance without giving up the quality of other high-poly models in the game.
- A multiplayer game room host may now select a "Map Variant" to specify whether to spawn Summer/Winter variant of a map (only applicable to certain maps, as detailed below).
- Other players can no longer see if "2x" shipments have been sent, via deck inspection.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to reset unit rate-of-fire by canceling an activated ability. Monitors will no longer utilize charged actions, which were used to alleviate the issue.
- Fixed a bug where "knocked out" hero units would enter into an invalid stance state upon waking up ("cover mode bug"). Such units will now correctly remain in the same stance they were in before being knocked out.
- The Aztec Heal Dance no longer affects "knocked out" War Chiefs.
- Fixed an issue where Stun abilities would fail to activate when their target was no longer in range before the Stun animation had finished. Stun abilities will now acquire "target lock" once the Stun animation begins, similarly to other attacks in the game.
- Fixed a bug where wagon builder units were able to speed up construction of buildings started by other kinds of units. Wagon builders can now only be tasked to their own placed foundation.
- Fixed a bug where resource gatherers would sometimes obtain resources twice for a single gather action. Backported more reliable gathering implementation from AoEO, which isn't animation-based.
- Fixed a bug causing Tashunke Prowlers to lose trample/stealth negative speed modifiers at random.
- The Diplomacy button can no longer overlay the Objectives button (Objectives has higher priority).
- Damage bonus multipliers with 2 decimal places now display their real value, instead of being rounded to 1 decimal place.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from hosting Deathmatch games.
ESOC Patch bug fixes
- German Consulate passive effect changed to -20% banner-army food cost; this fixes a bug where German Consulate would cause trained banner-armies to "refund" resources to the player, due to the armies having negative costs.
- Stagecoach & Iron Horse shared LoS fully enabled for all six expansion civilizations (previously only available to The Warchiefs civilizations in Campaign or when a match was started in the Post-Industrial/Post-Imperial Age).
- "TEAM Early Dragoons" home-city shipment no longer enables German War Wagons, Aztec Eagle Runner Knights and Nobles' Hut. [revert]
- Bonus effects granted by minor native alliances will no longer persist after the alliance has been broken. This affects the granted unique ship (Canoe / Wokou Junk / Catamaran), as well as certain home-city shipments (Native Treaties, Native Crafts).
- Monasteries now train the same mercenary units as the Saloon, instead of "repentant" versions of the units. This effectively solves all remaining inconsistencies/errors in "repentant" unit stats, and prevents confusion. Existing Monastery hotkeys remain functional and do not need to be remapped.
- Changdao cover mode attack standardized to deal half the damage of regular attack.
- Indian Monks now have the previously missing AbstractElephant tag.
- Comanche Trade Language now affects Wonder costs.
- Any Chinese villagers can now rebuild the Blockhouse granted by Russian Consulate, as opposed to only rescued villagers.
- "Old Ways" shipment now decreases the cost of Founder big button tech by 50%, instead of greatly increasing its cost in error.
- Fixed shipment arrival message of Indian Distributivism misleadingly referring to the card as Agrarianism.
- Recalculated Monastery XP bounties to correct values (45/90 from 20/40).
- Admiralty now correctly affects the European version of Imperial Men-o'-War upgrade.
- Corrected references to Crossbows/Longbows in texts (-> Crossbowmen/Longbowmen).
- Fixed an inconsistency where the second Chinese Monk's Stun ability had different ranges than the initial Chinese Monk's Stun ability.
- Added proper garrison UI for Fishing Boats.
- Adjusted some mixed crate shipments to deliver large crates when possible.
- Fixed an issue preventing Navajo Weaving's effects from being interpreted on the effect details UI.
- Banner-army descriptions updated for accuracy and consistency.
- Garrochista Lancer unique model/art now activates upon researching the Garrochistas upgrade.
ESOC Patch map changes
- Added new map-set "Tournament Maps", containing the ESOC Winter Championship 2020 map pool; UIx ESOC Arizona, UIx ESOC Arkansas, UIx ESOC Baja California, UIx ESOC Colorado, UIx ESOC Florida, UIx ESOC Hudson Bay, UIx ESOC Manchac, UIx ESOC Mendocino, UIx New England.
- The following maps now react to the new "Map Variant" option (Winter/Summer): Araucania, Great Lakes, UIx ESOC Hudson Bay, UIx ESOC Kamchatka.
- The following maps now react to the new "Map Variant" option, but will spawn in Winter variant only when that variant is specifically selected: UIx ESOC Fertile Crescent, UIx ESOC Florida, UIx ESOC Mendocino, UIx ESOC Pampas Sierras.
- UIx ESOC Lumaco: added new map by @Rikikipu!
- UIx ESOC Herald Island: changed terrain type to fix bright issues, added buildable terrain type on top of the map, disabled docks.
- UIx ESOC Mendocino: reduced TC distance between members of each team.
- UIx ESOC Manchac: added land terrain on top of TCs.
- UIx ESOC Iowa: revamped entire map, removed lakes.
- UIx ESOC Wadmalaw: remove cliffs, should smooth the map flow.
- UIx ESOC Tassili: changed map design a bit.
- UIx ESOC Thar Desert: added more starting trees, made them and the starting mine closer to the TC.
- UIx ESOC Kamchatka: starting treasure is now always a free macaque, slightly increased number of treasures on map.
- UIx ESOC Tibet: starting treasure is now always a free macaque.
ESOC Treaty Patch map changes
- The following maps now react to the new "Map Variant" option (Winter/Summer): Araucania, Great Lakes.
- Observers can now see a rough unit path when selecting a unit which is heading somewhere.
- Observers can see economic/military gather points of any player's buildings
- Fixed an issue where fonts on the integrated Aizamk's Spectator UI wouldn't render correctly unless the standalone version of the UI was previously installed on the computer at some point.
- An error message is now displayed to observers running on an unsupported resolution.
- Fixed an issue in restored game rooms that prevented the host from seeing AI players and being able to ready them up, in order to start the game.
- AI players in restored game rooms are now ready by default.
- Fixed an issue where the observer interface wouldn't show up in restored games.
- Fixed an issue that caused all players in a restored game to gain control groups of whichever player created the savegame file. All players will now always start without control groups.
- Fixed an issue where certain game options could be "inherited" from whichever player created the savegame file. Game options will now be automatically reloaded upon launching into a restored game. Known issue: in some cases, this may cause your game resolution to change.
ESOC Patch Launcher
- Added multi-language support (incomplete; French & Portuguese).
- Added an option to not automatically close EP Launcher when the game starts.
ESOC Patch balance changes
– Improvements that deliver "approximately 1 unit for every x minutes of game length, up to 30 minutes" now actually deliver 1 unit for every x minutes of game length, up to 30 minutes", resulting in intuitive and proportionate scaling (affects certain Aztec, Iroquois and Sioux 'big buttons', as well as several minor native improvements; descriptions updated accordingly)
– Before Colonial Age, rescued warriors (treasure rewards) now do 1/4 damage to heroes and villagers
– Outlaw Rifleman (treasure guardian) range and line of sight decreased from 18 and 20 to 15 and 17, respectively
– Pirate (treasure guardian) hitpoints decreased from 600 to 400
– 100c dynamic ("random") starting crate spawn removed (does not impact the 100f+100c spawn)
– Fortress Age councils and politicians (not wonders), except for "The Exiled Prince" and "The Messenger" research points decreased from 110 to 105
– Castle cost reduced from 250w, 100c to 250w, 50c (bounties adjusted accordingly)
– Native Embassy now available to Chinese, Indians, and Japanese
– Plantation cost reduced from 800w to 600w (bounties adjusted accordingly)
– Trading Posts at minor native settlements now grant a trickle of 0.7xp each;
– Starting Town Center building placement minimum range no longer applies to Trading Posts
– British Allies hitpoints bonus decreased from 10% to 5%
– Arsonist, Chakram, Grenadier and Young Garde "heavy infantry" tag removed
– Crossbowman inaccuracy removed
– Halberdier hand attack increased from 25 to 28; hand resistance increased from 10% to 20% (Russian Halberdiers adjusted accordingly)
– Spy hitpoints now increases by 25% in Fortress Age
– Jaeger cost increased from 180c to 200c (bounties adjusted accordingly)
– "Cavalry Cuirass" improvement cost reduced from 100w, 300c to 300c
– "Incendiary Grenades" improvement cost reduced from 400w, 300c to 250w, 250c
– "Infantry Breastplate" improvement cost reduced from 200w, 200c to 100w, 100c
– "Socket Bayonet" improvement cost reduced from 400w, 400c to 200w, 200c
– Medicine Man population cost reduced from 1 to 0
– Priest cost reduced from 200c to 150c (bounties adjusted accordingly)
– War Chief cover mode readded
– Puma Spearman hand attack light infantry multiplier increased from 3 to 3.5
– "5 Coyote Runners" shipment increased to 6 Coyote Runners
– Temple of Xipe Totec shipment now also increases Coyote Runner ranged resistance from 10% to 20%
– Temple of Centeotl shipment now also grants the Macehualtin +2 line of sight and range
– Eagle Runner Knight speed increased from 6 to 6.5; ranged resistance decreased from 30% to 20%
– Jaguar Prowl Knight hand attack increased from 18 to 20; hitpoints increased from 230 to 240
– Great Temple of Quetzalcoatl Support shipment cost reduced from 2000c to 1500c ("Religious Unity" shipment adjusted accordingly)
– Arrow Knight population cost reduced from 2 to 1; speed increased from 3.75 to 4
– Skull Knight hitpoints increased from 300 to 320
– Great Temple of Huitzilopochtli shipment cost reduced from 2000c to 1500c ("Religious Unity" shipment adjusted accordingly)
– Manor cost reduced from 140w to 135w (bounties adjusted accordingly)
– "Guard Longbowmen" and "Imperial Longbowmen" improvements set to available, by default; "Yeomen" shipment updated accordingly
– Rocket train-time decreased from 98s to 90s
– 100w removed from starting crates; dynamic ("random") starting crates added
– Shaolin Master cover mode readded; passive-aggressive abilities chance no longer increases to 30% (from 20%) when reaching Colonial Age
– "Old Han Reforms" shipment now includes Keshiks and Steppe Riders; renamed "Old Dynasty Reforms"
– Keshik obstruction radius decreased from 0.79 to 0.65
– "Mongolian" banner-army changed from 3 Keshiks and 3 Hand Mortars to 2 Keshiks and 2 Steppe Riders; cost changed from 495f, 270w to 230f, 170c; train-points decreased from 30 to 25; moved from Fortress to Colonial Age and from Castle to War Academy; description and Summer Palace updated accordingly
– Steppe Rider speed increased from 6.75 to 7.25; obstruction radius decreased from 0.79 to 0.65
– "Black Flag" banner-army changed from 3 Arquebusiers and 1 Flamethrower to 4 Changdao Swordsmen and 2 Meteor Hammers; cost changed from 170w, 425c to 380f, 350c; train-points decreased from 40 to 33; moved from Castle to War Academy; description and Summer Palace updated accordingly
– Envoy train points decreased from 30 to 15
– "Tulip Speculation" shipment increased from +15% to +20% Bank coin trickle
– "Team Infantry Hitpoints" shipment reduced from +15% to +10% infantry hitpoints for non-Dutch allies
– Coureur Des Bois cost reduced from 125f to 120f
– "TEAM Early Skirmishers" shipment no longer moves Black Flag banner-army from Fortress to Colonial Age; Now moves Imperial and Territorial banner-armies from Fortress to Colonial Age
– Per-shipment xp required increased from 110% to 112%
– Settler Wagon ranged attack huntable multiplier increased from 4 to 5.75
– "Team Cavalry Attack" shipment reduced from +15% to +10% cavalry attackts for non-German allies
– "Hire Hessian Jaegers" shipment decreased from 13 to 12 Jaegers
– Brahmin Monk Stomp passive ability moved from Discovery to Colonial Age
– Taj Mahal "Cease Fire" ability duration decreased from 20 to 15 seconds; now also halves all military unit speed
– Ottoman Allies bonus (+10 line-of-sight) no longer applies to buildings; "Levy" improvement cost increased from 200xprt to 250xprt
– Flail Elephant hand attack increased from 5 to 10; population cost reduced from 4 to 3; Mansabdar updated accordingly
– Rajput siege attack increased from 20 to 25; speed increased from 5 to 5.5; Mansabdar updated accordingly
– War Chief hitpoints aura decreased from 15% to 10%
– "Crates of 200 Food, 100 Wood, and 100 Coin" INFINITE shipment decreased to 100f, 100w, 100c
– Siege Workshop cost reduced from 300w to 200w (bounties adjusted accordingly)
– Samurai hand attack increased from 25 to 28
– Yabusame ranged attack increased from 8 to 9
– "Koprulu Viziers" improvement moved from Colonial to Discovery Age
– "Tanzimat" improvement moved from Industrial to Fortress Age
– Imam heal-rate increased from 10 to 20 hitpoints per second
– Spahi ranged resistance increased from 10% to 20%
– Great Bombard train-time decreased from 115s to 100s
– Abus Gun artillery multipliers decreased from 0.75 to 0.5"Veteran Abus Guns" improvement +2 line of sight and range reduced to +1 line of sight and range; "Guard Abus Guns" improvement now also grants +1 line of sight and range
– 100f added to starting crates
– Berry and hunting gather-rates increased by 5%
– Settler cost increased from 85f to 100f
– "Besteiros" improvement cost reduced from 2400w to 2000w
– "Gunpowder Infantry Attack" shipment moved from Industrial to Colonial Age
– "TEAM Gunpowder Infantry Hitpoints" shipment moved from Industrial to Fortress Age
– Cassador ranged attack "rate-of-fire" increased (nerfed) from 3.0 to 4.5; ranged attack increased from 17 to 25
– Organ Gun train-points decreased from 45 to 40; unpacked (“limber)” mode speed increased from 1.6 to 2.4; unpacking time decreased from 2 to 1 seconds
– Musketeer batch cost increased from 270f, 90c to 285f, 95c
– Teepee gather-rate aura increased from 3% to 5%; no longer stacks; range decreased from 24 to 18
– Teepee hitpoints aura increased from 7% to 10%
– "Aggressive Expansion" shipment increased from +2% to +5% Teepee gather-rate aura; now also increases all Teepee auras' range from 18 to 24
– "4 Villagers" shipment added
– Brand new "5 Villagers" shipment added to Colonial Age removed
– "Great Hunter" shipment increased from +20% to +25% berry and hunting gather-rates
– "Adoption" shipment increased from -25% to -40% Villager train-time
– War Chief ranged resistance increase from 10% to 30% moved from Fortress to Colonial Age
– War Club hand attack increased from 10 to 12
– Tashunke Prowler cost reduced from 150f, 75c to 125f, 75c (bounties adjusted accordingly); attack and hitpoints now increase by 20% in Industrial Age, and by 30% in Imperial Age
– Rifle Rider cost reduced from 120f, 100c to 120f, 90c (bounties adjusted accordingly)
– "Unction" shipment attack aura increased from +4% to +5% attack, per Missionary; now grants 1 Missionary
– "Caballeros" shipment changed from +1 hand attack infantry multiplier to +1 hand attack infantry multiplier and +2 hand attack range for Lancers
You may also view a combined changelog of all ESOC Patch balance changes compared to the official RE patch on our wiki, now all fresh and updated for EP7: https://wiki.eso-community.net/ESOC_Patch/Version_history/Compared_to_RE
- EP7 now holds the highest number of committed code changesets of any EP release, at 270 commits. In comparison, this accounts for 23% of total changes ever committed since the introduction of EP in 2015, throughout 43 version releases. Put simply, this release is big.
- The size of UHC2 library has effectively doubled throughout the development of EP7.
- @PF2K for new map-set image
- @Thrar for persistent launcher
- @Kao for multi-language launcher, @lemmings121 for contributing translations
- @Rikikipu for map updates of Thar Desert, Tassili, Wadmalaw, Iowa, Manchac, Mendocino, Herald Island, and a brand new map Lumaco
- @Kaiserklein for the treasure rework project, along with @Mitoe and @Garja
- @Kevsoft for his work on UHC2 (2x shipments fix, wagon fix, rof fix, dm fix, cover mode fix, gather fix, cease fire, obs unit path, customprotounitcommands, high-poly cliffs toggle, tech effects unapplying, healing dance fix, stun animation fix, damage bonus multiplier display fix, Tashunke Prowler unique ability fix, TechStatus2 effect, dynamic time-based effects fix, obs gather point)
- @zoom for putting it all together!
1. If you have a previous version installed, you can simply run the EP Launcher and auto-update should have you covered.
2. If you're installing for the first time, download the exe installer.