ESOC Patch 7.0.0.0 released!

United States of America minimoult21
Dragoon
ESO: minimoult21

Re: ESOC Patch 7.0.0.0 released!

Post by minimoult21 »

Would it be possible to restart the recorded game from the start while in the recorded game so people wouldn’t have to exit and restart the game?
minimoult21 represents a relative unknown.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

RefluxSemantic wrote:It's definitely possible to do though. I'm pretty sure sc2 uses the exact same functionality, except that they have the ability to also 'undo' moves. It's actually a funny system, if you go back only a little bit it will simply rewind moves, but if you go back a lot I think it determines that it is faster to just play from start very quickly up to the point where you want to go.
SC2 advanced its replay system with LotV, meaning you can pick a point of the replay in the seeker progress bar, click on it and it will play the replay super quick (without graphics, just minimap movement) until it reaches that point you clicked on then proceed normally.
It's pretty fast to go from one point of the replay to a future point, it's instant if you want to replay portions of a segment that you already viewed (watching 15min of the replay will take you back to the 3:12 or 7:00 min mark for example with a simple click).
There's also the whole rewind feature at the end of the game, you can tell the game to rewind a little and watch the demo without going into the menus. Pretty cool feature.
No Flag PChiu
Crossbow

Post by PChiu »

I have updated to the 7.1.0.0 version. However the "Mongolian" banner-army cannot be found in Colonial Age at War Academy.
Does anyone have the same problem?? :cry: :cry: :cry:
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

it was moved back to castle @PChiu
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
No Flag privatesnowball
Crossbow
ESO: agmemnon

Post by privatesnowball »

hi, i was wondering if i could get help with the new patch, i can't download it. Do i post this here?
I can't install 7.1.0.0 or any patch because "folder does not contain agey3.exe" if i go around this problem instead encounter "rocka.dll doesn't exist on computer", is this a common problem? do you have a solution. i have tried everything the agony is unbearable. oh the time I've spent!!
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

privatesnowball wrote:hi, i was wondering if i could get help with the new patch, i can't download it. Do i post this here?
I can't install 7.1.0.0 or any patch because "folder does not contain agey3.exe" if i go around this problem instead encounter "rocka.dll doesn't exist on computer", is this a common problem? do you have a solution. i have tried everything the agony is unbearable. oh the time I've spent!!
Hi, it is a requirement to have AoE3 with both expansions installed. Sounds like you don't have that.
No Flag privatesnowball
Crossbow

(so we can take this here) okey fine well it is related to the new patch 7.1.0.0. I have both those and i don't think it ever worked, i never got past the problem "folder does not contain age3y.exe". i would be forever grateful if you could get me to play the game.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

If you have it, all you need to do is point the installer to where you have the game installed (where your age3y.exe is, which is what you now use to launch the game).
No Flag privatesnowball
Crossbow

Alright, i try to install it in the folder i have it installed and realize i don't have age3y anywhere, not in any folder, and using the search fuction, it seems i don't even have age3y.exe on my computer. Base game is updated and works fine. Should i download this file?
No Flag privatesnowball
Crossbow

you are really fast at this
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

privatesnowball wrote:Alright, i try to install it in the folder i have it installed and realize i don't have age3y anywhere, not in any folder, and using the search fuction, it seems i don't even have age3y.exe on my computer. Base game is updated and works fine. Should i download this file?
How are you launching The Asian Dynasties, then?
No Flag privatesnowball
Crossbow

I don't know! through a file through steam instead, are you telling me if i download the game from a disc i should have agey3 instead and it should work?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

privatesnowball wrote:I don't know! through a file through steam instead, are you telling me if i download the game from a disc i should have agey3 instead and it should work?
If you have the game installed through Steam, you can find the right installation folder like this:
1. Navigate to your Steam game library.
2. Right-click on the AoE3 game and choose Properties.
3. Select the "LOCAL FILES" tab and press the "BROWSE LOCAL FILES..." button.

The folder should be called "bin".
No Flag privatesnowball
Crossbow

yes that is the folder, but age3y is not there. game is installed, but it's like it's a copy form 2005, age3y is not there.
No Flag privatesnowball
Crossbow

i meant that that is the folder where i have installed the game
No Flag privatesnowball
Crossbow

Any idea why my computer does not have the file age3y? @EAGLEMUT
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer
ESO: vividlyplain

Post by vividlyplain »

privatesnowball wrote:Any idea why my computer does not have the file age3y? @EAGLEMUT
because you don't have TAD installed?
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

privatesnowball wrote:Any idea why my computer does not have the file age3y? @EAGLEMUT
I had the problem and solved it by deinstalling, clearing everything aoe3 related and installing again. Advanced computer science for those who never went past clicking on very button and hoping something right happens.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

well uh looks like lichess is down for me
edit: wrong thread me nob
oranges.
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

Aizamk wrote:well uh looks like lichess is down for me
Same for me but this is the worng thread.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Same
Wrong thread tho
Poland Nemo
Crossbow

Post by Nemo »

Not sure, but seems it's the wrong thread ;)
No Flag privatesnowball
Crossbow

i tried both clearing, reinstalling and using TAD, but it doesn't work. How do i get the installtion you guys have? mine is through steam.
No Flag privatesnowball
Crossbow

if you help me i will be 401times grateful.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

privatesnowball wrote:i tried both clearing, reinstalling and using TAD, but it doesn't work. How do i get the installtion you guys have? mine is through steam.
Go to Steam, right-click on the game in your list and select properties. Go to local files and select "browse local files". This should bring you to your folder where the game is installed. Make sure you're installing EP in this folder.

If age3y.exe can't be found, this either means you don't have TAD installed or you're selecting the wrong folder. The Steam version always had TAD installed, so you must be selecting the wrong folder.

For reference, your Steam game should be installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age Of Empires 3. Age3y.exe can be found in the bin folder.