Post by fightinfrenchman »

ESOC Patch 8 should include the Egyptian God Cards as Age 4 shipments
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Vietnam Davy_Jones_123
Crossbow
ESO: TranHungDao221

Re: ESOC Patch 7.0.0.0 released!

Post by Davy_Jones_123 »

Good bye EP 7. China is ruined, I won't play.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Davy_Jones_123 wrote:Good bye EP 7. China is ruined, I won't play.
ruined? how?
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Vietnam Davy_Jones_123
Crossbow

Post by Davy_Jones_123 »

I'm dissapointed with this EP. I think this is going a bit far from the original patch. Since most of the players on ESO are using RE and when they watch the tournament videos, they won't understand the game if you put changes like you did for China. 200w start, 5% hp buff, like wtf? Having only 1 shipment in age 2 just suck and you can't deal with civ like russia and india if they rush. Keshik and Steppe don't do shit against them .
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Davy_Jones_123 wrote:Since most of the players on ESO are using RE and when they watch the tournament videos, they won't understand the game if you put changes like you did for China.
RE and ESO will most likely be obsolete by the end of this year, so it doesn't matter.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
Davy_Jones_123 wrote:Since most of the players on ESO are using RE and when they watch the tournament videos, they won't understand the game if you put changes like you did for China.
RE and ESO will most likely be obsolete by the end of this year, so it doesn't matter.
That would also probably mean EP being obsolete. In that case why push for such controversial changes rather than making somewhat needed changes to already largely accepted EP6 Patch
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

princeofcarthage wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:
That would also probably mean EP being obsolete.
On the contrary. Judging by community patches going into the other Age titles, it could mean EP changes will be integrated to some extent.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Retired Contributor

Fair enuf
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Davy_Jones_123 wrote:I'm dissapointed with this EP. I think this is going a bit far from the original patch. Since most of the players on ESO are using RE and when they watch the tournament videos, they won't understand the game if you put changes like you did for China. 200w start, 5% hp buff, like wtf? Having only 1 shipment in age 2 just suck and you can't deal with civ like russia and india if they rush. Keshik and Steppe don't do shit against them .
:ear: :ear: :ear: I see your problem. Have you tried ff?
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes
On the contrary. Judging by community patches going into the other Age titles, it could mean EP changes will be integrated to some extent.
This is one of the worries I have about DE. Is working on a UI 3.0 worth the hours if there’s going to be a native UI? And if there is no native UI, 2.2 would still work, with a bit of correcting. But 3.0? Probably not.
oranges.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Aizamk wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:
Show hidden quotes
This is one of the worries I have about DE. Is working on a UI 3.0 worth the hours if there’s going to be a native UI? And if there is no native UI, 2.2 would still work, with a bit of correcting. But 3.0? Probably not.
Yeah, I have to agree. At this point, the only realistic use case for UI3 would be if DE flops and community keeps playing EP over GR or something. Which is a possibility, but not too likely.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

from what ive seen at aoe 2 DE the UI is pretty bad. A lot worse than the modded UI used for aoe 2.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

The caster UI in AoE2 was pretty amazing (https://captureage.com/), that was hard to beat for DE. They could've tried a little harder though...
Regardless, the old UI can't be used with DE so it dies with voobly. Whether voobly will die is still up in the air but it does seem likely at this point.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Which is why these changes are even more damaging than they appear to be on the surface.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Except they aren't damaging.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Davy_Jones_123 wrote:I'm dissapointed with this EP. I think this is going a bit far from the original patch. Since most of the players on ESO are using RE and when they watch the tournament videos, they won't understand the game if you put changes like you did for China. 200w start, 5% hp buff, like wtf? Having only 1 shipment in age 2 just suck and you can't deal with civ like russia and india if they rush. Keshik and Steppe don't do shit against them .
Although it is true that some players seemingly struggle to understand how starting crates work (despite my best and repeated attempts to explain the facts), the benefit to balance is well worth the initial misunderstanding, in this case:
Currently, depending entirely on the crate start, Chinese can be up (or down) 100 resources—a 200 resource swing. Necessarily, this is a major balance issue for the civilization, making it impossible to balance.
Instead of unpredictably varying wildly, the civilization's relative strength is now largely consistent, between games, which means it is no longer impossible to remotely balance. Thanks to the recent Village cost buff, the worst case scenario means gathering merely 20w more than you would have to, on RE, to build two Villages.

The popular and sensible British Allies nerf seems easy enough to understand, though. Ultimately, you'll be pleased to learn that top players consider Chinese favored against both Indians and Russians.

With that said, if players eventually find the civilization to be weak – like you seem to assume it to be – it will be buffed.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

RefluxSemantic wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Which is why these changes are even more damaging than they appear to be on the surface.
Imagine the irreparable damage if someone actually shipped 6 Coyote Runners!
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

RefluxSemantic wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:
Show hidden quotes
pretty much the sole reason you have some folks crying about ep is because it’s too different from re

they forget re is garbage balance-wise and riddled with bugs
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Cometk wrote:
RefluxSemantic wrote:
Show hidden quotes
pretty much the sole reason you have some folks crying about ep is because it’s too different from re

they forget re is garbage balance-wise and riddled with bugs
But maybe they just consider re great gameplay-wise? Because that's my opinion. In terms of gameplay RE is a well tested, professionally developed product and I think that shows. Balance wise it is half assed or straight up shit, but gameplay wise it's very good in my opinion. I'd be inclined to argue ep is mostly the opposite; after lots of trial and error the balance is okay and the gameplay changes are nowhere near the quality level of RE.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Okay
Retired Contributor

:biggrin: You know you make zero sense when cometk gives zero fucks about your arguements
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Post by flontier »

The more you still close to RE, the less you will attract new players or make old players come back.
AOE3 have bad reputation, you have to prove it has changed will REAL change to make people mind different about the game and give it a try.

Its very sad for the success of aoe3DE if we stay too close to REshit just for the confort of few players that doesnt want all of their knowledge about strategies lost and having to re-adapt cause they have no brain.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Aoe3's bad reputation has nothing to do with the gameplay though. Complaints are mostly about the homecity levelling bullshit, to some extend the eso environment and about the bad balance. And this bad balance doesnt even refer to RE level bad, but to what aoe3 was at launch.

Im also not arguing to not do balancing. I'm saying that the ep 'team' doesnt have the resources or qualifications to do major redesigning, but despite that 'they' keep trying to do so and in my eyes making the gameplay worse by doing so.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

To be more precise I oppose or strongly dislike:

- the effect most esoc maps have on gameplay. Mapscrews suck, but every civ having 3+ safe hunts and 2+ safe mines makes the game boring as fuck.

- the redesign of sioux. Sioux is an abomination on ep and the one thing that made them really fun and unique and made me want to play them, raiding and running around with bow riders, was nerfed very hard

- the india redesign. Sepoy rushes were one of my favorite strategies in the game. It was one of the only strategies where you could rush without being pretty all in or low on eco. While a sepoy nerf may have been warranted, nerfing hp to the point where a TC 2 shots a sepoy killed one of the most unique and fun (imo) strategies in the game while giving back nothing.

- the attempts to 'fix' spain. Spain's RE gameplay is very unique and there is no civ like it. Instead of slightly buffing their main strategy to make up for the fact that they were to weak, EP seems to want to turn them into a generic eco FF civ. I dislike that. More than half of the civs already play a generic FF style, let Spain be unique and actually be good at that.

- The attempts to make Otto more generic. Otto is one of the few civs that has to rely on very strong units and a strong start to remain competitive. This is a unique niche that they have. All changes to Otto have mostly diminished this. I liked playing as Otto knowing that I was on a bit of a timer and I likes playing against them knowing that they were on a timer. I dislike how EP has reduces this unique aspect of otto.

- I actually dislike how EP nerfed the only two real FI strats in the game into the ground. Japan FI was pretty unique on RE and quite possibly my favorite strat of all time. Its dead on EP. China Old han was one of my favorite things to pull off. Its also dead on EP.

- I strongly dislike what was done to china banner armies. China was fine the way they were. It was unique and fun to be limited like they were. I dont even understand why this was changed.

Overall I think I oppose every single design change. I dont think they are well thought out and I especially dont think they are well tested. These huge changes require hundreds to thousands of manhours to test. You need to continuously iterate and wonder if it is more fun. They surely did that for RE, considering that a professional team was working full time on that. They surely dont do that for EP, where Zoi theorycrafts some changes and then implements them without testing (oh, and neither does he have any experience with game development, unlike the guys that created aoe3).
Vietnam Davy_Jones_123
Crossbow

Post by Davy_Jones_123 »

harcha wrote:
:ear: :ear: :ear: I see your problem. Have you tried ff?
You don't ff vs Russia or Inida. Even if you build a TP in transition, they still get the map control and destroy the TP after a few mins and there's nothing you can do about it.