ESOC Patch 7.1.0.0 released!

Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

ESOC Patch 7.1.0.0 released!

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Image Based on what I've seen – on ESOC and elsewhere, in and out of game – since the release of EP7, so far, I find the future both exciting and promising, with the Winter Championship looming large. In a limited update, intended to set us up for that event, I'm also excited that Spanish – in an EP first – is receiving a direct and exclusive nerf (that isn't reverting a previous buff).

Undoubtedly, more feedback, testing and time will see the continued improvement of the patch.

Here's to a happy new year, and a great Tournament – thank you all for your patience and support!

~ @zoom

EP 7.1.0.0
changelog since EP 7.0.0.1
unless specified otherwise, game changes apply to all of ESOC Patch / ESOC Treaty Patch

Bug fixes
- Planned (unstarted) building foundations are now immune to damage.

ESOC Patch bug fixes
- Building LoS is no longer reduced upon breaking relations with Ottoman Allies. [addresses an issue introduced on EP]
- Updated descriptions of Ottoman/British Consulate Allies to reflect current state. [addresses an issue introduced on EP]
- Iroquois Siege Workshop reduced cost is no longer applied the European Artillery Foundry. [addresses an issue introduced on EP]
- Fixed unit count displayed on Unction card to 1. [addresses an issue introduced on EP]
- Corrected the number of crates delivered by Klamath Huckleberry Feast improvement to 1 crate per 3 minutes game time (down from 1 per 2 minutes). [addresses an issue introduced on EP]

Multiplayer save/restore
- Improved options reload upon match start; no longer flashes the Options screen for a split second.

ESOC Patch balance changes
Comments by @zoom, in italic.

General
– Before Colonial Age, rescued warriors (treasure rewards) now do 1/2 damage to heroes and villagers [partial revert]
"Several players have expressed their concern at captured warrior treasures currently being overnerfed and unviable. Whether or not they are right, starting out at a value that risks being excessively punitive is undesirable, and the nerf remains significant, to say the least."

– Stagecoach (unit) line of sight decreased from 15 to 5
"In some cases, Stagecoach scouting causes significant disruption to balance and gameplay, alike; whether or not an improved Trade Route is fully controlled by a single team, it exceedingly and variably punishes or rewards map control. For instance, a central Trade Route perpendicular to game flow (Garja bless the ghost of H2O) – such as that on High Plains – probably shouldn't render scouting obsolete, revealing any enemy army movement to whomever has a Trading Post. Likewise, a Trade Route with an in-base Trading Post probably shouldn't reveal all army movement of the player with the incentive to research Stagecoach (I.E map control). Beyond limiting these risks, placing greater emphasis on awareness and positioning to deny or gain scouting information, this change also adds value to the underwhelming at best "Iron Horse" ('train') improvement, which now provides greater benefit."

Aztecs
– Eagle Runner Knight ranged resistance increased to 30% (from 20%) [revert]; speed decreased to 6.0 (from 6.5) [revert]
"The idea was to both help the viability of other anti-cavalry options (specifically the Jaguar Prowl Knight, Puma Spearman and Skull Knight), and avoid the risk of overbuffing the civilization, by nerfing its most viable unit's performance against ranged units. The speed buff is intended to then help the unit better perform its role as pseudo-light cavalry. While I find that intent sound, I agree(d) that it does not justify nerfing the civilization in early Fortress Age, since the unit, while dominant, is fairly counterable, and ERK mono-compositions arguably isn't a pressing issue. As a result, then, the speed buff were undesirable, too. What's more, it's standardizing the unit, and Crackoyote Runners have plenty of speed to catch cavalry."

Chinese
– Village cost reduced from 200w to 190w; bounties adjusted accordingly
"This change will help ease the civilization's transition to dynamic ("random") starting crates, which some players have expressed concern about. It seems especially sensible, in the context of other changes (such as the banner army tweaks and British Allies nerf). The neat thing about a Village cost buff (as long as it isn't excessive), is that it is less beneficial to TP opening builds, which many players consider stronger, nowadays, thus helping the civilization out more on its weaker starts, than its stronger ones. I am confident that this change will have no significant adverse effects on balance"

– Imperial Army train-time decreased from 33s to 29s
"This change is buffing Imperial Army (3 Arquebusiers and 2 Iron Flails) train-time, simply to the point where it is no longer disproportionately and punitively long, compared to the other Fortress Age armies."

– Mongolian Army moved from War Academy to Castle; removed from Summer Palace [revert]
– Black Flag Army moved from War Academy to Castle; removed from Summer Palace [revert]
"There is some concern, among players, that Mongolian Army (2 Keshiks and 2 Steppe Riders) and Brooken Flag Army (4 Changdao and 2 Meteor Hammers) are problematic. Although I'm so far unconvinced that either army is inherently unbalanced, even at the War Academy—and would personally favor nerfing their cost and train-time, before opting for these more drastic and limiting options—based on continued evaluation of feedback, we'll be making a great leap forward in the five-year-plan for testing them—moving both back to the Castle, preemptively. While I do think that this makes for a reasonable compromise between the objectives of the changes (especially as it helps, indirectly, the viability of training artillery units), and risk mitigation, it also presents a good opportunity to reiterate that, in order to arrive at the right conclusion, we must properly test whether our assumptions are correct, before deciding that they are. Please try to keep that general sentiment in mind, as we look forward to the Winter event, with excitement!"

Indians
– Taj Mahal "Cease Fire" ability no longer halves all military unit speed; instead decreases user's military unit speed by 15% for its duration
"Also addressing concerns about walling exploitation and the risk of sieging shipment points, this change goes even further in addressing the offensive usage of the ability, while being far less intrusive (particularly to non-users). In addition, it makes triggering the ability more of a consideration, and rewards a correct, early response."

Ottomans
– "Mosque Construction" shipment changed from -33% to -60% unique Mosque improvement cost
"Addresses an oversight from when unique Settler-related improvements saw their cost halved, that caused this shipment to increase the cost of those improvements. Please note that this shipment also affects the "Tufanci Corps" (15 Janissaries for 1000w) and "Topcu Corps" (3 Great Bombards for 1500f) improvements available with the "Palace Intrigue" shipment. Thank you to scarm for reporting this oversight!"

Portuguese
– Organ Gun packing time decreased from 2s to 1.5s; unpacking time increased from 1s to 1.5s
"This tweak is intended to avoid undesirable risk, related to the triple-buff to the unit."

Spanish
– Missionary hitpoints decreased to 200 (from 300)
"This will make Unction users more susceptible to having to replace the cheap and fast Missionaries – especially if they are used as tanks, or poorly micro-managed. At the risk of upsetting someone else due to ignorance or poor memory, thank you to LordRaphael for the suggestion, and to iamturk, for doing Garja's work by accelerating feedback on the issue. While it's regrettable that it's no revert, I think this is a great change, regardless of any other ones. We should reconsider whether Unction warrants any more tweaking, in the future."

Credits

- @Kevsoft for his work on UHC2 (improved options reload in restored games, prevent damage to planned building foundations)

Download

1. If you have a previous version installed, you can simply run the EP Launcher and auto-update should have you covered.
2. If you're installing for the first time, download the exe installer.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Re: ESOC Patch 7.1.0.0 released!

Post by zoom »

Poor overworked Eaglemut forgot:

Overhauled patch notes structure to improve priority, readability and reliability of information; separated bug fixes into "Most Notable" and "All Others" sub-categories; condensed bug fixes listings and corrected the following changes from bugs to balance notes:

–"German Allies" bonus changed from -15 food, wood and coin banner-army cost to simply -20% banner-army food cost
– Missionary bounties adjusted to 10xp (from 20xp)
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

Edit: Antivirus bugged out due to change in program files, no issue to report:

*Possible bug, my game appears to be frozen on the connecting to ESO page when I open up the patch but is fine on the RE patch, will keep digging
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Thank you @zoom for doing Garja’s work
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

ovi12 wrote:Thank you @zoom for doing Garja’s work
I'm trying. It's just, he's a fickle and superior deity.
Germany Makrokosmos12
Skirmisher
ESO: Templer12

Post by Makrokosmos12 »

Thank you for considering the organ gun change.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Hello, I would like to inform that the download link is down. I had a problem with my computer and had to reinstall the patch, that is how I figured it out. Great patch by the way!
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Jotunir wrote:Hello, I would like to inform that the download link is down. I had a problem with my computer and had to reinstall the patch, that is how I figured it out. Great patch by the way!
Hello, should be all good now, here is the link: download/file.php?type=exe&patch=latest