ESOC Patch 8.0.0.0 released!

Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Re: ESOC Patch 8.0.0.0 released!

Post by Jotunir »

vividlyplain wrote:
Jotunir wrote:It takes the fun out of the game, that is not a good change. Makes the card much less useful.
20% hp is ruining it for you? :hmm:
And yes :/
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer
ESO: vividlyplain

Post by vividlyplain »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:@vividlyplain also bud i think the new maps still contain the old treasure set, possibly somehting to look into.

I havent tested all the maps yet but that swampy map is absolutely huge
the treasure set is dictated by the map but the treasures are the EP treasures

swamp map isn't mine
Sweden Hawk_Girl
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Hawk_Girl »

EAGLEMUT wrote: – Incan Huaminca attack decreased from 15 to 14
By mitigating the pre-existing significant risk of the minor native alliance trickle, this nerf helps faciliate its slight buff.

This makes no sense. Didnt you add nat tp xp trickle to buff native play? Then just actually buff natives lol, and stop trying to make nat tps into normal tps
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Hawk_Girl wrote:
By mitigating the pre-existing significant risk of the minor native alliance trickle, this nerf helps faciliate its slight buff.

This makes no sense. Didnt you add nat tp xp trickle to buff native play? Then just actually buff natives lol, and stop trying to make nat tps into normal tps

It makes no sense only if you believe that all native subcivs were already perfectly balanced between each other.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Great Britain TheNameDaniel
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: danielek

Post by TheNameDaniel »

The age 4 gather rate for Teepee's isnt there for sioux. Me and TLS just tried to find it.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

RefluxSemantic wrote:Why do you need changes to make mahouts and sowars different types?

One is a slow, low dps tank and the other is a fast cav specialized at dealing damage against ranged infantry. They are already specialized units that are pretty different. I'm pretty sure the entire reason for the change is that the mahout is a 'lancer' so it needs to be similar to the spanish lancer or something. At this point I'm assuming that's what this entire patch process is like.
Ive always had trouble with India wondering if I should train sowers or mahout, they were very similar units before this change /s
Great Britain TheNameDaniel
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: danielek

Post by TheNameDaniel »

nvm found it
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:@vividlyplain also bud i think the new maps still contain the old treasure set, possibly somehting to look into.

That's my map. Its not a big map at all, you can just *barely* build past the centre trade route (on that spawn) the rush distance is about the same as painted desert. Its wider across but that gives more options for town centre placement for ports, keeps the tps further apart, etc.
Sweden Hawk_Girl
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Hawk_Girl »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
Hawk_Girl wrote:

It makes no sense only if you believe that all native subcivs were already perfectly balanced between each other.

so then buff the weaker nats?
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

I agree the Huaminca change doesn't really make sense.
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
ESO: Plantinator

Post by Plantinator »

Random idea: could we have nat tps spawn a vill when built instead of xp trickle? (Kind of like a manor)
That would guarantee the uniqueness of normal tps while still makin nats viable somewhat.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Plantinator wrote:Random idea: could we have nat tps spawn a vill when built instead of xp trickle? (Kind of like a manor)
That would guarantee the uniqueness of normal tps while still makin nats viable somewhat.
Please, stop with random idea. Zoi's knowledge about the game isn't good enough to make the difference between a good and a random change.
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
ESO: Plantinator

Post by Plantinator »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Plantinator wrote:Random idea: could we have nat tps spawn a vill when built instead of xp trickle? (Kind of like a manor)
Please, stop with random idea. Zoi's knowledge about the game isn't good enough to make the difference between a good and a random change.
Well i Think if a random idea is approved by the Top players and then tested and it works its a good idea
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Plantinator wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Well i Think if a random idea is approved by the Top players and then tested and it works its a good idea
Magister dixit ;)
Georgia Qosashvili93
Dragoon
ESO: Qosashvili93

Post by Qosashvili93 »

????
Attachments
20200402_001541.jpg
Georgia Qosashvili93
Dragoon

Post by Qosashvili93 »

After reinstall game is same

What can I do
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Your antivirus is probably deleting some of the patch's files, try checking for that.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Qosashvili93 wrote:After reinstall game is same

What can I do
Hello there, have you tried turning it off and on again?
(Just a Joke, I hope you can fix it)
Georgia Qosashvili93
Dragoon

Post by Qosashvili93 »

EAGLEMUT wrote:Your antivirus is probably deleting some of the patch's files, try checking for that.
So I block for 10 minutes avast and patch was installed without problem and game is ok now

Idk if it will be ok after 10 min :biggrin:
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Hello again, since there is no easy way to do it, how do I disable the new start menu manually? (the one that looks like minecraft)
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
Hawk_Girl wrote:

Which is why you don't randomly nerf one nat, but actually rebalance the nats, which is long overdue...
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

vividlyplain wrote:

the treasure set is dictated by the map but the treasures are the EP treasures

swamp map isn't mine
Whose map is Bering Straits? It's using the siberia treasures, which we haven't necessarily touched as no esoc map used that map type before. Most of the treasures are probably fixed already as they also spawn on, say, himalayas (for e.g kamchatka), but I'm sure some are proper to that map and aren't balanced. Like the 110w for 2 white tigers, that other free macaque treasure, or the horrible 195f/205f for 10 macaques. Could be worth looking into before EPL2.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Kaiserklein wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Which is why you don't randomly nerf one nat, but actually rebalance the nats, which is long overdue...

EP9 should balance natives, consulate options and politicians.
mad cuz bad
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

So we're first making nat posts viable with the xp trickle, so that people build them, before balancing what they provide? Sounds real smart
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Kaiserklein wrote:So we're first making nat posts viable with the xp trickle, so that people build them, before balancing what they provide? Sounds real smart
Should have been done before or simultaneously, I agree.
mad cuz bad