ESOC Patch 8.1.0.0 Released

Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Re: ESOC Patch 8.1.0.0 Released

Post by EAGLEMUT »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:One bad change is reverted, but 10 are added, and all this in one week without anyone being asked.
Zoi wrote:Thank you to Mitoe for suggesting the inclusion of these changes, which address the punitively high cost of the Siege Elephant, as well as its punitively low line of sight.
@Mitoe can you clarify which one is correct? :hmm:
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:One bad change is reverted, but 10 are added, and all this in one week without anyone being asked.
Zoi wrote:Thank you to Mitoe for suggesting the inclusion of these changes, which address the punitively high cost of the Siege Elephant, as well as its punitively low line of sight.
@Mitoe can you clarify which one is correct? :hmm:
These changes weren't discussed at all, and they're definitely not "obvious" changes.
I'm sure even @Mitoe would agree to say that implementing big changes one week after the release of a big patch without them being discussed is not "correct".
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

None of these changes are particularly big. I'm ok with them.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Mitoe wrote:None of these changes are particularly big. I'm ok with them.
+7 LOS isn't big ? It's huge honestly. And -150f is quite big as well, it means having your siege elephants a few seconds earlier, which is game changing in some situations.

I know you're ok with them because you suggested these, and I can understand the logic behind it, but that's not the issue. You just implemented some changes you like without ever discussing them.
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

n0el wrote:
gibson wrote:Can someone explain the reasoning behind there being an infinite 20 bison card?
Buffing late game eco
With a shipment that has about the value of the age 2 orchards shipment (minus decay) if I'm correct. Sounds like not a lot.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

it is a lot, considering that sioux lacks any other great age4 shipments and in late team games you basically can hunt forever.
mad cuz bad
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

It is probably too much to be honest. 16-18 would be better.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

It just seems like with all the upgrades they could potentially have( at least 3 cards, farm upgrades, hunting dogs, the age up upgrade) you could have 20 vils dancing for xp to get shipments and 20 vils gathering on hunts and probably still gather faster than 40 vils on mills. Idk how practical it would be cause idk if you have room in deck for all the eco ups or if you can afford to be dancing for xp enough to get shipments fast enough but it just seems like a random change for the most part.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

All these changes just seem random. There's a complete lack of coherence and it doesn't feel like this has anything to do with balancing anymore. It feels like Zoi comes up with some random ideas and then flips a coin to decide if he should implement them.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

I think these threads just have users repeating the same things over and over again for 10 pages
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

RefluxSemantic wrote:All these changes just seem random. There's a complete lack of coherence and it doesn't feel like this has anything to do with balancing anymore. It feels like Zoi comes up with some random ideas and then flips a coin to decide if he should implement them.
How do you feel that Mitoe came up with the changes?
mad cuz bad
No Flag SeqOfRands
Crossbow
ESO: 112122150251

Post by SeqOfRands »

oh and count the 24% teepee card and inf 20 bison and u can camp all day with great eco
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

SeqOfRands wrote:oh and count the 24% teepee card and inf 20 bison and u can camp all day with great eco
Yes, camping is a big concern at 25 minutes in the game with no walls.
mad cuz bad
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

n0el wrote:
RefluxSemantic wrote:All these changes just seem random. There's a complete lack of coherence and it doesn't feel like this has anything to do with balancing anymore. It feels like Zoi comes up with some random ideas and then flips a coin to decide if he should implement them.
How do you feel that Mitoe came up with the changes?
Still seems completely random. At this point people are just coming up with 'clever' or 'cool' changes that dont seem to adress any problems.
Germany richard
Dragoon

Post by richard »

Lol all these nonsense changes. Now, i want 21st sheep for Russians! (Or nerf it to 19sheeps, that would be ok, too).
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

India had a big siege ele + slowness problem, so, it addresses a problem. How it addresses the problem you may debate. It's efficacy.

Jerom criticizing knee-jerk civ-balance reactions in another thread, is knee-jerking civ balances in this thread.
United States of America charlemango
Musketeer
ESO: 2ndLastKnight

Post by charlemango »

I was fully on the "wtf is @zoom doing" train, but after reading 100 threads of complaining I'm on the "top players are asshats" train now.
Great Britain TheNameDaniel
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: danielek

Post by TheNameDaniel »

Cometk wrote:I think these threads just have users repeating the same things over and over again for 10 pages
isnt that every thread ever tho?
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

charlemango wrote:I was fully on the "wtf is @zoom doing" train, but after reading 100 threads of complaining I'm on the "top players are asshats" train now.
Why not both?
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

deleted_user wrote:India had a big siege ele + slowness problem, so, it addresses a problem. How it addresses the problem you may debate. It's efficacy.

Jerom criticizing knee-jerk civ-balance reactions in another thread, is knee-jerking civ balances in this thread.
Were there siege elephant problems, or are siege elephants just an appropriate weakness of the Indian civ?
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Jerom doesn't play the game, so his opinion is irrelevant.

I like the siege elephant buff. The LOS increase might be a little overkill and I expect it to be tweaked slightly in the future.

Of course, there is still the underlying problem of random changes with no feedback from top players - but I suppose we'll get to discuss that once EP9 is out.
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

Disclaimer: I don't really play AOE3 except the occasional game to prove to @Victor_swe I'm better than him. I also participated in several fan patching initiatives several millennia ago.

I think the EP team should take a look in the mirror and reference their own tenet they set with the first patch:

Q: What’s this “EP” thing everyone is talking about?

A: "EP" is a common abbreviation used when referring to the ESO-Community Patch (also shortened to ESOC Patch). As summarized above, EP is a balance and content patch designed to improve the gameplay experience without making major gameplay changes.

I think some of the frustration you're seeing is related to this.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

We just have to look at ep now as not only balance but reimagining the game to create the best possible version in hope it is picked up fully for DE. Cause that's what seems to be happening.
And if everyone ends up on the same patch then it doesn't matter how similar to RE it is.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

I think the los may be slightly more than needed but siege ellies definitely needed more los, often you cant even target falcs or heavies without taking a volley because they're out of range and cant even see them. With the nerfed otto consulate los this is probably a good quality of life buff.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Did we nerf otto cons los? Please god, that shit is ridiculous. Also please fix water rng, revert tp radius and nerf rattan shipment?