ESOC Patch 8.2.0.0 released

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: ESOC Patch 8.2.0.0 released

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Astaroth wrote:I don't get why a patch like this is even implemented during a tournament? Who has access to the EP launcher update files? Who makes these calls without consulting anyone? Why does this just happen? Why create an ESOC thread for this?
EAGLEMUT has access to the EP launcher update files and implements the changes. Zoi, alone, decides what the changes are going to be.
So you only need one person to make the decisions and one person to implement the changes to release a patch during a tournament.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Astaroth wrote:I don't get why a patch like this is even implemented during a tournament? Who has access to the EP launcher update files? Who makes these calls without consulting anyone? Why does this just happen?
Eaglemut has access to the code along with a few other developers. To me it seems like Eaglemut implements what Zoom tells him to, so I wouldn't put any blame on him. Why this just happens is a question a lot of staff members currently have, so please know that we are discussing the matter, it's not being ignored.
Why create an ESOC thread for this?
To inform people of the changes and facilitate a discussion.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Who cares if there's a small update mid tourney honestly lol. Like it's gonna fundamentally change the way players perform... If there was a communication problem among the staff that's another story, but players should really stop nitpicking as if suddenly the whole game has changed and the EPL is gonna be super impacted lol
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Kaiserklein wrote:Who cares if there's a small update mid tourney honestly lol. Like it's gonna fundamentally change the way players perform... If there was a communication problem among the staff that's another story, but players should really stop nitpicking as if suddenly the whole game has changed and the EPL is gonna be super impacted lol
Some of the changes are quite impactful, it's not a new patch but I wouldn't call that a small update.
Great Britain The_Lastsamurai
Pro Player
ESO: The_lastsamurai

Post by The_Lastsamurai »

Kaiserklein wrote:Who cares if there's a small update mid tourney honestly lol. Like it's gonna fundamentally change the way players perform... If there was a communication problem among the staff that's another story, but players should really stop nitpicking as if suddenly the whole game has changed and the EPL is gonna be super impacted lol

Why would you suggest a change after 2 games?
Pro Player

Itā€™s pretty pathetic how ESOC get bullied into making a hot fix then people like kaiser start crying about war clubs being op after he loses 2 games then heā€™s pming zoi after the fucking games, this is just a joke I have never seen this kinda balancing in RTS games in my life who the hell does patches mid tournament ?
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Blizzard
Pro Player

Blizzard what ?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Goodspeed wrote:Blizzard
When ?
Pro Player

Good speed has no idea what heā€™s talking about iv played that game pretty much everyday for 5 years and played in some high end tournaments and it was never balanced between tournament seasons only on the off season so no idea where you are getting this crap from mate
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Your condescending tone is extra funny because you're wrong. Maybe you play it but don't follow the pro scene?

This is the most recent example:
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Patch ... nce_Update
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/2019_ ... n_3/Code_S
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

but if u make an update middle of a tournament, and there were already so many top players willing to volunteer, why dont u take them aboard.. i dont get it rlly. @zoom u shud rlly start to work openly now!
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

I don't get the transparency complaint. Zoi frequently and extensively polls the community and always adds comments to explain why he's making certain changes.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Goodspeed wrote:I don't get the transparency complaint.
There has been no transparency about the release of a minor update during a tournament.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Goodspeed wrote:Maybe you play it but don't follow the pro scene?

This is the most recent example:
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Patch ... nce_Update
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/2019_ ... n_3/Code_S
Incomparable. GSL is an event that spans multiple months with breaks in between. This event, in particular, took 3 months to finish. Also, that update was released in the summer break, more than a week before the first GSL matches of the second half were played. Moreover, the balance changes had been announced some time earlier and were implemented at the start of a new season - so everyone knew when there were going to be balance changes.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

I'm not saying it's comparable, though it's not like EPL is a 1-week event either. The point was it's a mid-tournament patch which people claimed "never" happened.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Goodspeed wrote:I'm not saying it's comparable, though it's not like EPL is a 1-week event either. The point was it's a mid-tournament patch which people claimed "never" happened.
If you're going to be bad faith posting and taking each word literally, then please be my guest but do so outside of meaningful EP discussion.
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

Goodspeed wrote:I don't get the transparency complaint. Zoi frequently and extensively polls the community and always adds comments to explain why he's making certain changes.
He doesn't:

- announce all the changes he will make and when he will make them
- make polls on all of them
- and follow the poll results

Instead he announces only SOME of the changes, doesn't mention WHEN he will make them, makes polls only for SOME of them and does NOT follow the poll results in all cases.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

christ
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ā†‘
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:I'm not saying it's comparable, though it's not like EPL is a 1-week event either. The point was it's a mid-tournament patch which people claimed "never" happened.
If you're going to be bad faith posting and taking each word literally, then please be my guest but do so outside of meaningful EP discussion.
I genuinely don't see how it's bad faith to point out that Blizzard does mid tournament patches when asked "who the hell does mid-tournament patches?".
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

it's not a single week event, rather a 6-week one. However, currently only 2 weeks have been played and this evening a few games already scheduled.
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Goodspeed wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:
I genuinely don't see how it's bad faith to point out that Blizzard does mid tournament patches when asked "who the hell does mid-tournament patches?".
Because the situations are incomparable for the reasons I've outlined and you are aware of this.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

happy with this seems to be a step in the right direction, intervention may be a little too strong especially with the range resist buff to huss etc...
the warhut change probably needs to be reverted to RE, other than that i like them. To compensate for the azzy nerf id give coy +10 base hp so they dont get shredded by huss (due to break points and no overkill at all).
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Because the situations are incomparable for the reasons I've outlined and you are aware of this.
I think rather than show how the situations are "incomparable" you've shown they aren't exactly the same, which is accurate but it's still absolutely relevant to point out that the concept of mid-tournament patches is not some unheard of thing in competitive gaming, especially when people explicitly pretend that it is unheard of. The point: It's not the end of the world.
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

Goodspeed wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I think rather than show how the situations are "incomparable" you've shown they aren't exactly the same, which is accurate but it's still absolutely relevant to point out that the concept of mid-tournament patches is not some unheard of thing in competitive gaming, especially when people explicitly pretend that is the case. The point: It's not the end of the world.
Do you believe that tournament admins needed to be aware of a mid-tournament patch?
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018